Recalled/Assigned: Bartkowski Recalled (5/9)

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yeah I like him a lot too. I can see them giving half the playoff games to him, and the other to Hamilton with maybe a Redden game or two.

FallsForItEveryYear

Jun 26, 2007
id prefer hamilton over mcquaid or redden or boychuk right now. looks like claude might go with the "Proven" guys. i think its a mistake

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
What happened to Johnson? I thought he was better than Redden.

I think redden plays smarter and is better offensively.

I think Hamilton mostly loses out because he is a rightie and I thin Julien wants to use Seids with Chara which leaves three righties for two positions.

I think Bart is proving he can play an NHL game but sending him down helps the baby Bs and keeps him fit. He will be back with the black aces eventually or called up if disaster strikes (my guess is he would get inserted over Johnson in the playoffs on the left side).

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
It'll take an injury or the Bruins losing the first two games at home for Hamilton to have a chance at seeing ice time.

Quaider has been injured like three times this season. Kid can't stay healthy so my guess is he gets injured at least on e during the playoffs if the team makes it out of the second round (he didn't even stay healthy during the cup run).

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I was very surprised and encouraged by Bart's play this time around. In his previous stints he looked unsure of himself and he looked like he couldn't read the play fast enough. This time, he was confident and decisive. He wasn't afraid to call his own number and carry it or make a play himself.

I'd written him off. Glad to see I was wrong.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I was very surprised and encouraged by Bart's play this time around. In his previous stints he looked unsure of himself and he looked like he couldn't read the play fast enough. This time, he was confident and decisive. He wasn't afraid to call his own number and carry it or make a play himself.

Agreed. If he and Krug can prove to be legit NHLers, that will be a huge boost to the teams pipeline.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006

I think Hamilton mostly loses out because he is a rightie and I thin Julien wants to use Seids with Chara which leaves three righties for two positions.

I think Bart is proving he can play an NHL game but sending him down helps the baby Bs and keeps him fit. He will be back with the black aces eventually or called up if disaster strikes (my guess is he would get inserted over Johnson in the playoffs on the left side).

Yeah it's a right-left thing most likely. Nice to have Hamilton and Bartkowski if any injuries crop up on D, or if the pairs need a shakeup during a series. Probably better than the likes of Zanon, Mottau or Hunwick who were on reserve in years past.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

Agreed. If he and Krug can prove to be legit NHLers, that will be a huge boost to the teams pipeline.

I agree with all of this here, especially about Bartkowski. I think his recent play (small sample size and all) will allow the organization to assess their defenseman needs in the postseason perhaps a little differently. I wouldn't mind holding on to Bartkowski, and do think he'll be one of the "Black Aces".

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
If Horton won't be back in time for playoffs I would dress 7 Dmen and scratch Thornton but that is not Claudes style. Hamilton or Redden on the 4th line and use them in certain situations.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Bartkowski simply needs more game time. He showed improvement from game to game this year rather than just playing at the same level every game. I hope he stays with the organization. He has the definite potential to be a solid NHL player.

nycbruins*

I think if Claude had plans to use Bart in the playoffs, then he'd be practicing with the team. If 2 d-men go down, maybe they'd call him back up instead of playing Johnson, but he's 8th or 9th on the depth chart & won't be part of any rotation, IMO (or projecyion, as it might be)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad