TV: Barry (HBO)

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Found this from an article dated May 13th.

from nationeditions.com:

Barry was renewed for season 3 by HBO. The cast of the show had gathered together for a table read in March. They had read two episodes for the new season. The production of the show had to be stopped due to the spread of the Corona Virus all around the globe.

The cast has not shot for an episode for season 3. The production of Season 3 will begin once the danger of COVID 19 settles down.

HBO has not announced the release date of Season 3 of Barry yet. Under the current circumstances, the show is most likely to come with its third season in mid of 2021.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Found this from an article dated May 13th.

from nationeditions.com:

Barry was renewed for season 3 by HBO. The cast of the show had gathered together for a table read in March. They had read two episodes for the new season. The production of the show had to be stopped due to the spread of the Corona Virus all around the globe.

The cast has not shot for an episode for season 3. The production of Season 3 will begin once the danger of COVID 19 settles down.

HBO has not announced the release date of Season 3 of Barry yet. Under the current circumstances, the show is most likely to come with its third season in mid of 2021.
:(

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Jesus Christ, Bill Hader is a ridiculous talent.

Binge watched it all. It is absolutely one of the best shows on TV.

2nded, I binged both of the 2 seasons over Corona break. Can't believe it took me so long since I love Hader's work, but it blew me away all around given my expectations.

Reactions: Tuggy

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I haven’t watched s3 yet. I think I want to binge it once the last episode comes out. Looking forward to it though.

Noho Hank is hilarious. Can’t believe people in this thread found him annoying. He’s super nice guy. Offers guests submarine sandwich. He’s an optometrist by nature.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Had no idea this was back out. Felt like I waited years for a bunch of shows to come back, and all of a sudden I'm weeks and weeks behind on all of them ...I suppose they probably all returned to production around the same time

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
I firmly believe this show, along with Better Call Saul, are 2 of the best on television at the moment. Such a brilliant series, and Hader is fantastic in this role. Really hope more people pick this series up.

Reactions: Fripp

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Barry renewed for a 4th season. :thumbu:

from deadline.com:

bar_208_121318_ae_04701_13532.jpg

HBO has renewed Barry for a fourth season, it was revealed on Thursday. Production will begin in Los Angeles in June, with series star Bill Hader directing all eight episodes. Hader co-created Barry alongside Alec Berg.

Season 3 of the acclaimed series is airing weekly on HBO and HBO Max, with the finale set for June 12.

“Bill, Alec, and the entire cast and crew delivered an exquisite third season of Barry, it’s a masterful blend of laughs and suspense,” said Amy Gravitt, EVP Programming at HBO. “I’m so happy to announce that we are picking up the fourth season.”

Barry follows the misadventures of the titular character, a hired assassin who dreams of becoming an actor. The more he tries to move away from L.A.’s seedy underbelly the deeper it consumes him — and affects everyone around him.

In Season 3, Barry is fully committed to untangling himself from the murder business to follow his passion to act full time. But that proves to be a job in and of itself because he knows too much.

The cast also includes Henry Winkler, Stephen Root, Michael Irby, Anthony Carrigan, and Sarah Goldberg.

The first two seasons of the dark comedy received a total of 30 Emmy nominations and 6 Emmys including Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series for Hader; Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series for Winkler; Outstanding Sound Editing For a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation; and Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Season 3 is great, looking forward to Season 4. Show is a perfect dark comedy. Noho Hank went from being annoying to my favorite character.

Reactions: PepperKeenan

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Season 4 ( the final season ) starts on April 16th.

from thefutoncritic.com:

The Emmy winning dark comedy series BARRY, starring and directed by Emmy and DGA-winner Bill Hader, returns for its fourth and final eight-episode season with two new episodes SUNDAY, APRIL 16 (10:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT) on HBO and will be available to stream on HBO Max. A new episode will debut every following Sunday, leading up to the series finale on May 28. Hader and Alec Berg are the series co-creators and executive producers.

Bill Hader, star, co-creator, writer, director and executive producer quote: "It's been an amazing journey making this show, and it's bittersweet that the story has come to its natural conclusion."

Amy Gravitt, Executive Vice President, HBO and HBO Max Comedy Programming quote: "After three masterful seasons of BARRY, we are eager for viewers to see the powerful, complex and hilarious conclusion to Barry Berkman's story. It has been a pleasure working with this immensely talented team including Bill Hader, Alec Berg, Aida Rodgers and the entire exceptional cast and crew."

Season 4 logline: Cousineau (Henry Winkler) is hailed as a hero as Barry's (Bill Hader) arrest has shocking consequences. It's all been leading up to this - the explosive and hilarious final chapter of Barry.

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
Love this show, can’t wait. Sad that this will be the final season, but I do appreciate when a show comes to a natural conclusion and doesn’t get dragged out and milked for every dollar they can make.

Reactions: izlez

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Just remembered that this came back last week. Looks like the first 3 episodes are highly rated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad