TV: Barry (HBO)

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Hoooly **** that ending.

This episode was damn near perfection from start to finish. I really wish more people could catch onto it. Hader is stunning in this role.

Barry racking a round into his pistol two different times without firing was annoying, but that’s a minor complaint. Like you said, really good episode, I am enjoying the series. Hader is crushing it, and Noho Hank is my favorite character since Varga in Fargo.

Reactions: HanSolo

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Hoooly **** that ending.

This episode was damn near perfection from start to finish. I really wish more people could catch onto it. Hader is stunning in this role.
Yeah, that simple “WHAT?” at the end had me in tears. I was trying to figure out how the hell he gets out of this. Hilarious twist.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
By far the nuttiest episode they've done yet.
Yeah, that episode was crazy and hilarious. Just watched all of the behind the episodes for this season and I can't believe they CGI'd a tree just to get the climbing on the roof done properly, haha. Talk about commitment.

Surprised there isn't more chatter in this thread. I figured with the amount of traffic HBO gets for GOT there would be more HF Boards posters checking this show out as well.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Yeah, that episode was crazy and hilarious. Just watched all of the behind the episodes for this season and I can't believe they CGI'd a tree just to get the climbing on the roof done properly, haha. Talk about commitment.

Surprised there isn't more chatter in this thread. I figured with the amount of traffic HBO gets for GOT there would be more HF Boards posters checking this show out as well.

People are definitely sleeping on this show, don’t hear anything about it online or from friends. The other day I made my buddy start watching, he thanked me profusely.

Like some other posters have previously alluded to, it is a dark and dry humor. And to build up scenes there is a lot of awkward humor, which Hader knocks out of the park.

Barry is right up there with Entourage and Eastbound and Down for best HBO half hour comedy.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
People are definitely sleeping on this show, don’t hear anything about it online or from friends. The other day I made my buddy start watching, he thanked me profusely.

Like some other posters have previously alluded to, it is a dark and dry humor. And to build up scenes there is a lot of awkward humor, which Hader knocks out of the park.

Barry is right up there with Entourage and Eastbound and Down for best HBO half hour comedy.

Eastbound and Down is a comedy masterpiece. =

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
My God what a finale.

Between directing this episode and his performance in this episode I think Hader has pretty much cemented himself as an industry powerhouse. I'll be honest, he was one of my favorite SNL cast members ever but I truly did not think he had this level of dramatic acting talent in him. Especially with the body of work of season 2 I think Hader has reached the upper tiers of the acting craft. He was simply tremendous week after week and he's as much a lock for a repeat Emmy as you could get.

Great episode after a snoozer last week

Sally is soooo annoying though

Which means Goldberg is doing a good job. She's supposed to be annoying.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
My God what a finale.

Between directing this episode and his performance in this episode I think Hader has pretty much cemented himself as an industry powerhouse. I'll be honest, he was one of my favorite SNL cast members ever but I truly did not think he had this level of dramatic acting talent in him. Especially with the body of work of season 2 I think Hader has reached the upper tiers of the acting craft. He was simply tremendous week after week and he's as much a lock for a repeat Emmy as you could get.

Which means Goldberg is doing a good job. She's supposed to be annoying.

Yeah I know what you mean. Just like Skylar in Breaking Bad. Everyone hates the character but that really just means she is well written and acted

Doesn’t make her annoy me any less though :laugh:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Just finished Season 2 Episode 6. What's interesting about the show...

I like Barry far more than every other characters...

Fuches is a scumbag. Sally is annoying. NoHo is tolerable but his character grates on your nerves. Gene is a self absorbed pain.

Not sure I've seen many shows with that dynamic.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Barry (Season 2) :

First 7 episodes are so much fun. Finale was a let down until the final 15 minutes when all hell broke loose. Overall, Season 2 was even better than Season 1 - and that's saying a lot.

Smart. Intense. Really funny!

9/10

Last edited:

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I am on board with you guys. I like the show and dig the premise somewhat, but besides Barry and Stephen Root I just don't like the other characters. It's ironic that Sarah Goldberg (Sally) is becoming an actress in the show, but can't act very well in the show she's pretending to be an actress in.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I am on board with you guys. I like the show and dig the premise somewhat, but besides Barry and Stephen Root I just don't like the other characters. It's ironic that Sarah Goldberg (Sally) is becoming an actress in the show, but can't act very well in the show she's pretending to be an actress in.

I don't think she's trying to be likable.

Barry - Sarah Goldberg Finds Sally Reed “Heartbreaking”

"I don’t think Sally sees Barry at all. I think Sally sees herself reflected in Barry’s eyes. He worships her talent and that’s all she cares about. All she can see and hear is that. When she first sees him in the class, she thinks, “OK, here’s fresh meat,” because everybody else in the class is tired of doing scenes with her.

She’s got a new bit of clay to mold, and to give the one-line role in the scene where she has all the lines. I think she’s attracted to that. And then she’s attracted to someone who is seeing her and thinks that she’s got what it takes to make it. If she was really looking, she’d realize this person is utterly clueless about acting, but him telling her she’s going to be a star is enough for her."

MDarn17

Jan 15, 2019
Season two was better than season one. Can't wait for season three, they could go so many different ways.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I just caught up with this series in the last week. I can't believe ive missed out on this. It's really an incredible show, top to bottom. I love alp the characters. The laughs can come from any character as everyone's is something outlandish, yet, each oje can make that switch to a dramatic scene without it feeling weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad