TV: Barry (HBO)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
gq-bill-hader.jpg

I didn’t see a thread on Barry.

New HBO show. Stars Bill Hader. A hitman turned wannabe actor.

First episode was hilarious. Hijinks look to ensue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I wouldn't say it was hilarious, but it was good enough that I'll watch another couple episodes at least.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I feel like it's gotten better as the season has gone along. I like it.
Definitely has. There were some growing pains but I think it settled into its own tone and structure as time went on.
Jesus that was a crazy episode
Anyone who doesn't think Hader has dramatic acting chops (yes I know there's other titles to prove this) should watch this episode. He was incredible. And yeah just outright crazy what goes down.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
just finished it, good show

the scene in the car with chris and when he thinks back to it/chris’ wife was intense stuff

basically episode 9 (hbo typical) was one of the best episodes of any show ive seen recently

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Just watched S2 Ep1, thought it was really good. Opening minutes with Fuches really got some laughs out of me.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Season 2 is often when a show gets its legs. Hopefully Season 2 will be even better than Season 1.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Already renewed for a 3rd Season. :thumbu:

from variety.com:

" Barry " has been renewed for a third season at HBO.

The news comes less than two weeks after the second season debuted on March 31. The dark comedy series, co-created by Bill Hader and Alec Berg, follows the titular Barry ( Hader ), a hitman who discovers a passion for acting when he comes to Los Angeles on a job. In Season 2, Barry is attempting to untangle himself from the world of contract killing and fully immerse himself in acting. But while Barry has eliminated many of the external factors that pushed him towards violence, he soon discovers they weren’t the only forces at play.

In addition to Hader, the series also stars Stephen Root, Sarah Goldberg, Anthony Carrigan, and Henry Winkler. Hader and Berg serve as executive producers. Aida Rodgers co-executive produces, with Liz Sarnoff serving as consulting producer. Emily Heller is supervising producer, with Julie Camino and Jason Kim producing. Duffy Boudreau and Amy Solomon are co-producers.

The show has received considerable critical acclaim since it debuted. It picked up three Emmy Awards for its first season: best actor in a comedy for Hader; best supporting actor in a comedy series for Winkler; and best sound mixing for a comedy or drama series ( half-hour ) and animation.

Reactions: Dialamo

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I just watched the first episode. There was literally nothing funny about it. I will probably watch a couple more and give it a chance.

If it sucks I might check out Happy

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hoooly shit that ending.

This episode was damn near perfection from start to finish. I really wish more people could catch onto it. Hader is stunning in this role.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad