Barring Injury, How Long Does Matthews Stay a Leaf?

Barring Injury, How Long Does Matthews Stay a Leaf?

• Total voters

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm hoping it's the first option -- that he stays a Leaf forever.

The only exception I can think of is that... I mean if he's in his late 30s, and if the Arizona Coyotes are still around, and they're good and need some veteran help (Marleau-like) in their push for a Cup... under those circumstances, I can see Matthews playing his final year or two in Arizona. I wouldn't be upset.

I voted for the second option but obviously hoping for the first one.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
God, I hope not. Toronto women are not wifey material.

OT: Unlike McDavid/Eichel, I can see Matthews staying the bulk of his career on his drafted team. The Leafs have good management to back him.
You're crazy, I've met every one of my wives in Toronto.

Reactions: Trawna Phan

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Leaf for life
Hes not gonna go to Arizona
Hes kinda a smart person and does small things with meaning behind them. Like pointing the goal, the Kane celly etc. He wore a Leafs tie at the Arizona game!! He is a Leaf.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I wanted to say Leaf for life but that sort of thing happens so rarely, I can see him leaving at age 34 to go home and play.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
I really don't see Arizona as being much of a draw for him.

If he decides to leave Toronto (or we decide not to keep him) at the end of his career, he'll go to the highest bidder. Arizona has an equal chance to any other city of him going there - like 1 in 30. He can always move back to Scottsdale after that if he still considers it "home". Or maybe Zurich.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad