Barrie Colts 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
So no more excuses? And if Barrie loses then you'll admit you were wrong about them rather than making another excuse?
Anyone who knows the ohl knew barrie was expected to be amongst the absolute best to start the season

Kids just didn’t improve or had other priorities . Injuries suspensions you name it

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Anyone who knows the ohl knew barrie was expected to be amongst the absolute best to start the season

Kids just didn’t improve or had other priorities . Injuries suspensions you name it
And now your lineup will be fully healthy, so I'll ask the question again. If you lose to the Steelheads, will you admit the team wasnt as good as you thought, without making more excuses?

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
And now your lineup will be fully healthy, so I'll ask the question again. If you lose to the Steelheads, will you admit the team wasnt as good as you thought, without making more excuses?
I’ll already say that. Good team but not what anyone who knows ohl would have thought to start the season.

That and horrible asset management of futures to hang onto when you could have had 3 first round nhl picks before the trade deadline

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I’ll already say that. Good team but not what anyone who knows ohl would have thought to start the season.

That and horrible asset management of futures to hang onto when you could have had 3 first round nhl picks before the trade deadline
Trading for McTavish you mean?

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
But MacTavish chose Hamilton. That deal took time. First Hamilton tried to trade for Stillman because that is who Oke wanted.

all things out of the teams control. That’s fine, I guarantee barrie won’t lose to suaga.

I want everyone single one to quote me now.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If Petes said okay either we're keeping you or you're going to Barrie, hed go to barrie.
Pretty sure you can find an Oke statement that McTavish had a list of 2-3 teams he’d report to with a preference to play with friends in Hamilton.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
No idea who specifically, hockey friends is what I read
There’s no big names on Hamilton besides him. Just a bunch of players who are better this season than anyone anticipated.

When I say no big names.. I mean big names. 1st round nhl picks.

Why are they better than expected? Their players don’t prioritize hobbies over hockey, nor have the unwillingness to develop.

Don’t ask me who. But behind closed doors there are quitters on this barrie team.

Maybe they’ll change for the offs tho. Kinda looking forward to it

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Winterton (same age) & Mysak are pretty big names and highly rated players.
Better than expected; Idk. I had predicted Hamilton as #2 seed mostly because of being in the same division as Kingston & (Oshawa who I thought might add big being the owner’s kid final season). After adding Xhekaj and McTavish, Hamilton is pretty much what most expected

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Winterton (same age) & Mysak are pretty big names and highly rated players.
Better than expected; Idk. I had predicted Hamilton as #2 seed mostly because of being in the same division as Kingston & (Oshawa who I thought might add big being the owner’s kid final season). After adding Xheckaj and McTavish, Hamilton is pretty much what most expected
If you had Hamilton over barrie before the start of the season then you win the academy award.

After their additions, they are probably the 50-12 calibre team they are today.. but not before all their deals.

We’ll see what they do in the playoffs.

PS. You are a rangers fan aren’t you? What’s the price tag on Pinelli next season?

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
No Clarke for the playoffs.

Knee surgery required.

Someone wanna get me that refs name?

Thanks in advance

Reactions: dirty12

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
No Clarke for the playoffs.

Knee surgery required.

Someone wanna get me that refs name?

Thanks in advance
Sorry @squarecorners looks like there will always be the injury excuse and rightly so

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If you had Hamilton over barrie before the start of the season then you win the academy award.

After their additions, they are probably the 50-12 calibre team they are today.. but not before all their deals.

We’ll see what they do in the playoffs.

PS. You are a rangers fan aren’t you? What’s the price tag on Pinelli next season?
Geez, Hamilton was in 3rd without the big additions, without a single game from Winterton, without Krammer for large part of the first half.
50-12-6; that’s above expectation no matter how stacked a team might be.
Not a fan of the rangers, big fan of the Aud though. Pinelli; ‘06-1st, 3-4 picks?

Last edited:

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Geez, Hamilton was in 3rd without the big additions, without a single game from Winterton, without Krammer for large part of the first half.
50-12-6; that’s above expectation no matter how stacked a team might be.
Not a fan of the rangers, big fan of the Aud though. Pinelli; ‘06-1st, 3-4 picks?

Hamilton only iced their full lineup as it should be now 1 time all season. They were missing Artem Grushnikov (Dallas 2nd rounder) for about 10 games as well. Lost McTavish for 10 games during the Olympics. The team was pretty damn good before the trade deadline.

Being a Hamilton fan, I think that Xhekaj was a bigger addition than McTavish.(if he can stay out of the penalty box)

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Hamilton only iced their full lineup as it should be now 1 time all season. They were missing Artem Grushnikov (Dallas 2nd rounder) for about 10 games as well. Lost McTavish for 10 games during the Olympics. The team was pretty damn good before the trade deadline.

Being a Hamilton fan, I think that Xhekaj was a bigger addition than McTavish.(if he can stay out of the penalty box)
Before the deadline I felt pretty confident the Fronts would take down Hamilton in a playoff series…now, not so much. I agree that adding X was a massive addition to that team and IMO moved them past everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad