Barrie Colts 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Sounds like Barrie will be getting 1st OHL pick in the import draft (which is 3rd overall this year) as the import draft is going in reverse order of the lottery from last night, which makes sense

Reactions: WKBCFAN

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Isn't Marty Williamson still with the colts organization,If so I can see him filling both rolls

Yes he is and I too think that is a possibility. Hopefully Ford can find work at the next level. Odd that he and coach Miller have moved on.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The last I’ve heard of J.Ford was 2019-2020 trade deadline and 2020 draft. Since then, Assistant GM R.Stewart has handled practically all draft and signing communications.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It’s a pretty deep, diverse roster. There might not be a defined top six until after the trade deadline. Can guess lines 2-3 can be any combination, but depth chart looks something like …
Olausson-Vierling-Cardwell
Porco-Haight-DelMonte/Zagrzebski
Dvurechenskii/Smith-Tabak-Frasca
Jelsma-Grisolia-Matthews

Last edited:

winnerskull

Jan 3, 2017
My guess is they add an OA goalie and guys like Tabak and Hill are traded somewhere else.

Something like this makes sense to me:

Olausson - Vierling - Cardwell
Porco - Haight - Del Monte
Jelsma - Frasca - Zagrzebski
Dvurchenskii - Grisolia - Matthews
Smith

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Are there many decent OA goalie options? I would think Tabak could be a nice role player for Barrie?
G Luke Cavallin - FLT
G Zachary Roy - HAM
G Ryan Dugas - KGN
G Andrew MacLean - NIA
G Zachary Paputsakis - OSH
G Mack Guzda - OS
G Mitchell Weeks - SBY

I wonder about trying to pry a 19 year old like Cranley out of Ottawa in a go for it year?

winnerskull

Jan 3, 2017
Bad options... Paputsakis won't be available and Guzda likely not either.

Cranley or a bad OA is what is left. Unless they get creative

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Bad options... Paputsakis won't be available and Guzda likely not either.

Cranley or a bad OA is what is left. Unless they get creative

Agree on Paputsakis,can see Guzda dealt the Attack have 3 OA dmen ,they are all pretty good,but have little upfront,plus their other goalie Chenard is a 19 year old who can play.
If I am them trade Guzda and 1 of the D for forwards.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
It’s a pretty deep, diverse roster. There might not be a defined top six until after the trade deadline. Can guess lines 2-3 can be any combination, but depth chart looks something like …
Olausson-Vierling-Cardwell
Porco-Haight-DelMonte/Zagrzebski
Dvurechenskii/Smith-Tabak-Frasca
Jelsma-Grisolia-Matthews

How will these lines change when they add Mason McTavish at the trade deadline?;)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Dugas for a 5th? seems like a decent temporary fix. But there will likely be options (Lennox?) as the Colts have surplus D to trade too. Allensen, Hill, Burri, Sredl, Brandt, Punnet, Akley, Griller, Cholak?

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
An OA goalie doesn't seem like the way to go. Not many great options available. Plus, they have 4 solid OA options Tabak, Porco, Allensen and Hill. Guzda will likely be available as the Attack have 4 OAs and 3 signed goalies, but personally I would want to explore an option like Lennox or Cranley.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Is this barrie team going 82-0? Figures the ahl rule with Foerster, but still, those lines with the most draft capital in the league… yeah mctavish orourke ++ will be colts come the deadline

Reactions: Bra Wavers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad