Barrie Colts 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Knights can’t even win with Guzda vierling Frasca and Del Monte out of the lineup lol

Not surprised them trying to injure Foerster all game hahaha they never change

It’s a great night.

Reactions: three dog night

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
Knights can’t even win with Guzda vierling Frasca and Del Monte out of the lineup lol

Not surprised them trying to injure Foerster all game hahaha they never change

It’s a great night.

No kidding...did they ever.

But he just shrugged all those cheapshots off that went unpenalized (Branch, "Don't penalize MY Knights") and put up a hattie!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
An impartial assessment of the game would acknowledge that the Knights were missing key players too. As for officiating favouring the Knights, I actually researched this and proved it to be a myth. The Knights are penalized more than their opponents on average meaning they're on the PK more than the PP. This stat was so lopsided against the Knights early this season that Mark Hunter called the league office to complain. I don't support him doing that but common sense would tell you that's not something you'd expect him to do if the Knights were routinely receiving favours from officials. Those are the facts, so you can cling to conspiracy theories and repetition bias or acknowledge facts even if it doesn't fit your preferred narrative.
In any case, solid win last night.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
No kidding...did they ever.

But he just shrugged all those cheapshots off that went unpenalized (Branch, "Don't penalize MY Knights") and put up a hattie!
Hahah imagine playoffs it’ll be Scheifele all over again

Embarrassing look for the team and franchise. And they wonder why no one likes them haha.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
An impartial assessment of the game would acknowledge that the Knights were missing key players too. As for officiating favouring the Knights, I actually researched this and proved it to be a myth. The Knights are penalized more than their opponents on average meaning they're on the PK more than the PP. This stat was so lopsided against the Knights early this season that Mark Hunter called the league office to complain. I don't support him doing that but common sense would tell you that's not something you'd expect him to do if the Knights were routinely receiving favours from officials. Those are the facts, so you can cling to conspiracy theories and repetition bias or acknowledge facts even if it doesn't fit your preferred narrative.
In any case, solid win last night.

My only issue was all the cheapshots they gave Foerster that went unpenalized. Some were ridiculous, like a punch in the face in front of everyone when he was down on the ice.

The other part is just loathing of Branch as a Colts fan. His suspensions to Barrie players are always at the high end. Not to mention of his gutless no-shows when Barrie is in the OHL finals.

Reactions: Devin

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
My only issue was all the cheapshots they gave Foerster that went unpenalized. Some were ridiculous, like a punch in the face in front of everyone when he was down on the ice.

The other part is just loathing of Branch as a Colts fan. His suspensions to Barrie players are always at the high end. Not to mention of his gutless no-shows when Barrie is in the OHL finals.
Go back and look at that camara suspension in the finals on Griffith haha, he just skates into the player who needs to keep his head up and takes a dive. Boy was he ever out flying on that next 5 min PP.

As people have mentioned before on other socials, branch is not welcome here and he knows it. That’s why he never shows up. Or bothers to show up to other barns to present trophies.

I don’t think anyone will be able to say anything about those cheap shots last night, I was only able to catch the 3rd and saw enough. Maybe branch likes to penalize London more in games that don’t matter to cover up these conspiracies but really it’s so obvious and no one falls for it.

And of course he’ll call into the league office to complain.

Reactions: Colin H

Colin H

Nov 18, 2021
Can someone please for the love of god tell Marty to get Tabak off the top line. He’s a turnover machine and has a pair of stone hands…I get how he can be good in front of the net for the greasy goals but other than that he’s useless and I still don’t know why Barrie gave up picks for him. Bring back Cardsy-Vierling-Foerster…it’s not rocket science

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
The 2nd best team in the East and the best team in the West meeting in the final isn't that scorching hot of a take
I think that’s a pretty hot take given the Colts are the 4th best team in the East and the West has a lot of solid teams. I’d be stunned (albeit delighted) if Barrie beats Hamilton. And even then I doubt they beat the Fronts/Battalion in round 3.

Colin H

Nov 18, 2021
So what was the name of that ref that put Clarke out for the rest of the season and the playoffs??

Colin H

Nov 18, 2021
You may have spoke too soon. How come Barrie can't score when Mack Guzda isn't in net?
It’s all confidence and reliability, Guzda boosts it greatly for the entire team. The team puts in a lot more effort with a way better goalie supporting them

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Guarantee you that won’t happen
It’s all confidence and reliability, Guzda boosts it greatly for the entire team. The team puts in a lot more effort with a way better goalie supporting them
I get that to an extent, but that would somewhat suggest they don’t try when it’s someone else, which if true then they have no shot to be a champion ever. Champions don’t think like that. 3 goals or less scored in 7 of their last 8 games now. They’re going through the Gens/Olausson effect where they got Foerster and the offence got way worse

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
One thing we do know, when Guzda isn’t in net there’s a ripple effect through the whole lineup.

Part of it is reliability, there’s no confidence in the back up tenders.

Lots of these players were not familiar with Foerster, takes time to rebuild Chemistry and to be honest, this team hasn’t been able to ice a full lineup once this season, and I think that is the main issue here.

Barring the status on Clarke (I would like to know who the ref was who injured him), Marty is keeping guys out of the lineup who probably could come back right now, but seeing a full roster for the first time starting game 1 vs missisauga I think will really benefit this squad.

That and keeping guys out to decrease risk of Injuries to key players (go figure with Clarke) I think it’s the right decision.

Playoffs can’t start soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad