Barrie Colts 2015 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheckU

Nov 30, 2011
Daniel Gibl, will no longer be a member of the Colts.

He is free to find any opportunities he can get.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Any comments from Colt fans attending camp today would be greatly appreciated.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Pretty good rookie camp this year. Defense is clearly an area of strength with Murray leading the way and Brassard and Dunn also impressing. Although small I thought Ferraro looked good as well.

For the forwards Willms, Brown, Allen, MacMillan and Peca would be my top 5 in no particular order.

I find goaltending always a little hard to read in camps like these, but I thought Propp was solid, while Coutts struggled a bit. Would have liked to see Badenhorst there as he appears to be the front runner for the backup spot.

Overall a good camp. Now to look forward to the import draft, and then training camp in August.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Congrats to Rasmus Andersson named to the OHL 2nd All-Star Team. How Swede it is.

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Just no love for the Colts

Watched the top 50 CHL plays from this past year the other nite before the Mem cup game, and not one Colt made the reel. Oh sory Dekort did on a goal scored against him in Kitchener.
Just found it a little strange that with 3 100 point players, a 40 goal guy and a 30 goal guy not one made the highlight reel.

Even the spinarama goal by Blandisi against Kingston wasn't even mentioned.

Strange HMMMM???

goodtimes

Sep 24, 2013

Watched the top 50 CHL plays from this past year the other nite before the Mem cup game, and not one Colt made the reel. Oh sory Dekort did on a goal scored against him in Kitchener.
Just found it a little strange that with 3 100 point players, a 40 goal guy and a 30 goal guy not one made the highlight reel.

Strange HMMMM???

Sportsnet has it in for you....massive conspiracy :sarcasm:

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie

Strange HMMMM???

Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that. Sportsnet never mentions the colts it seems. Couldn't believe Blandisi's spinorama goal wasn't there.

I think TSN gives the colts more coverage and they don't even have the CHL rights.

CheckU

Nov 30, 2011
Adrian Kempe was from the Colts import draft two years ago.

As he has signed with the Kings, and was brought over to play for Manchester to finish the season this year, this only two possibilities are with the Kings or Ontario Reign of the AHL next season.

Harky121*

Adrian Kempe was from the Colts import draft two years ago.

As he has signed with the Kings, and was brought over to play for Manchester to finish the season this year, this only two possibilities are with the Kings or Ontario Reign of the AHL next season.

Thanks for the info checku:)

Harky121*

With a few upgrades, next year' team could be a memorial cup contender. If labanc comes back (likely he will because he doesn't have to be signed until the end of this season) they will be returning over 200 goals. With our import pick, it would be wise to acquire a 1 year player who could make an impact in our top 6 immediately (similar to Lindberg in Oshawa). With that, the lineup would look like this:

Mangiapane - import - labanc
Lemieux - Scott - radke
James - kreis - pastorious

Top 3 is solid and should have good goal contributions. Kreis and radke should have 50+ points. Mangiapane, labanc, import, Lemieux, Scott all 70+

Colts should have atleast 5 nhl draftees. Labanc, mangiapane, Lemieux, Anderson, blackwood, import?

Trade for dylan strome at deadline and this team will be better than last year and will compete for the title.

Strome - 100 +
Labanc - 100+
Mangiapane 90+
Lemieux - 80 +
Import - 70 +
Scott - 70 +
Anderson - 60 +
Radke - 50 +
Kreis - 50 +
James - 40 +

And no one tell me that'd wishful thinking because it's not.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Strome - 100 +
Labanc - 100+
Mangiapane 90+
Lemieux - 80 +
Import - 70 +
Scott - 70 +
Anderson - 60 +
Radke - 50 +
Kreis - 50 +
James - 40 +

I like how you have a non existent player inked in for 70+ points.
Also Kreis for 50+
Not wishful thinking? Yeah I'd say it kinda is.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
What are the Colts even have to trade the Otters for Strome? Honestly I'd be surprised if he gets moved anyways

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
It's not a stretch that the colts can be contenders...but I highly doubt Strome will be a colt. Also lets wait for the import draft before concluding that there will be a top line player coming.

Like I said..it should be a very good year, but lots has to happen first.

Harky121*

I like how you have a non existent player inked in for 70+ points.
Also Kreis for 50+
Not wishful thinking? Yeah I'd say it kinda is.

It was speculation. I said it would be wise to acquire an impactful short term import. So why not? And you didn't witness kreis' skill throughout the year. With ice time he will get 50. Your thinking on the other hand isn't necessarily wishful (apparently like mine) but it's narrow minded and stupid. By the way, I was that colts fan in Guelph who kicked you out of your seat!

Harky121*

What are the Colts even have to trade the Otters for Strome? Honestly I'd be surprised if he gets moved anyways

Yes the colts would have to give up a lot if they wanted Strome. I'm thinking a package deal could happen like Strome and Raddysh to barrie but it's gonna cost A LOT of high round picks and even some really good young players. And I'm assuming the otters are going to rebuild if mcdavid (probably) leaves so they could use these picks cause erie went all in this year.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
It was speculation. I said it would be wise to acquire an impactful short term import. So why not? And you didn't witness kreis' skill throughout the year. With ice time he will get 50. Your thinking on the other hand isn't necessarily wishful (apparently like mine) but it's narrow minded and stupid. By the way, I was that colts fan in Guelph who kicked you out of your seat!

Yeah I'm really sure you were

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
With a few upgrades, next year' team could be a memorial cup contender. If labanc comes back (likely he will because he doesn't have to be signed until the end of this season) they will be returning over 200 goals. With our import pick, it would be wise to acquire a 1 year player who could make an impact in our top 6 immediately (similar to Lindberg in Oshawa). With that, the lineup would look like this:

Mangiapane - import - labanc
Lemieux - Scott - radke
James - kreis - pastorious

Top 3 is solid and should have good goal contributions. Kreis and radke should have 50+ points. Mangiapane, labanc, import, Lemieux, Scott all 70+

Colts should have atleast 5 nhl draftees. Labanc, mangiapane, Lemieux, Anderson, blackwood, import?

Trade for dylan strome at deadline and this team will be better than last year and will compete for the title.

Strome - 100 +
Labanc - 100+
Mangiapane 90+
Lemieux - 80 +
Import - 70 +
Scott - 70 +
Anderson - 60 +
Radke - 50 +
Kreis - 50 +
James - 40 +

That's some serious wishful thinking.

3 import players this season had more than 70 points. All 3 of them were also veterans.

And Kreis for 50 points? Are you kidding? He has 32 points in 100+ games. He also had less points this year than he did in his rookie season.

Look you want too make predictions for you team than have at it. But making stat predictions is the worst thing you can do. Your chances of being correct are slim too none.

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah I've never come on here to bash anyone and my comments are not meant to bash .. but that is some very very very wishful thinking.

Labanc - Yes he very well could score 100+ points in the OHL again, but he's drafted by the Sharks, and will be signed. An will be playing in the American Hockey League next season.

Mangipane - He'll be back, 90+ isn't out of the question, but he won't have the surrounding talent he had this year. He'll likely play with Lemieux and draw top D pairings and special attention every night, so his point production could go down. But if any prediction here is doable its the Mangipane one.

Import (70+ Points) - Simply not going to happen. Juho Lammikko was the leading rookie Import with 44 points. A world Junior with Finland (95% sure on that, could be wrong), also a Florida Panthers pick. Lindberg and Suter where the only 70+ point imports. Jenys, Henriksson, Crus Rydberg, all older Imports, two NHL draft picks, only had 40+ points.

Justin Scott - He had a nice 30 goal, 53 point season and could play on the teams top line next season with Mangiapane and Lemieux. If that's the case he should replicate last years numbers. But 30 goals 60 Points is Scott's plateau. A good two-way player, but not a pure offensive threat that can produce 70+.

Rasmus Anderson - He had 64 this year, so predicting 60+ again is not far fetched. He should reach it. But remember he'll miss time at the World Juniors this year. An given his already established offensive game, any NHL team who drafts him is going to send him back to junior asking him to work on the defensive side of the puck.

Roy Radke - I liked what I saw out of him this year, he has offensive ability and should break out next season. But I see the 20/20 or 40+ point potential.

Kreis - Kreis is a bust. He has a total of 32 points in 113 games. He won't be drafted to the NHL this year after being a first round OHL draft talent. There's skill there but he has far to many holes to his game.

James - Big fan of Cordell James, heavy, two-way player with some offensive upside albeit not his strength. James could fill a role as a complementary player, crash an bang and get loose pucks for more skilled linemates. He'll see a point increase but don't expect it to be massive.

Trading from Strome - Well I mean anything is possible but I think its far to early to predict a deadline deal for an elite forward. Strome could make the NHL, get hurt, to many variables.

The Colts will likely be battling for second in the Central with the Battalion, I'd like to give the Colts the edge but I'll never count out a Stan Butler coached team regardless of a rebuild. Niagara and Ottawa look like they'll be the beasts of the East next season.

Here's my break down of that potential lines may look like next season,

Lemieux-Mangiapane-Radke
Scott-James-Kreis
Pastorious-Carbonara-Hawerchuk
Chiodo-Allen*-Blacksmith
Ex-Willms*, Brown*, Pecca*

Andersson-Webster
Bauman-Prophet
Carrick-Gagnon

Ex-Kaura, Dunn*, Ferraro*, Brassard

Blackwood
Badenhorst

Needs - Depth Down the Middle, Back up Goaltender, Top 6 Winger, Top 4 Defender

Strengths - Starting Goaltending

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Question for those that have observed Mangiapane over the last couple of seasons what are his chances of turning pro. Keeping in mind that NHL teams are now looking for skill and creativity.

CheckU

Nov 30, 2011
Yeah I've never come on here to bash anyone and my comments are not meant to bash .. but that is some very very very wishful thinking.

Labanc - Yes he very well could score 100+ points in the OHL again, but he's drafted by the Sharks, and will be signed. An will be playing in the American Hockey League next season.

Mangipane - He'll be back, 90+ isn't out of the question, but he won't have the surrounding talent he had this year. He'll likely play with Lemieux and draw top D pairings and special attention every night, so his point production could go down. But if any prediction here is doable its the Mangipane one.

Import (70+ Points) - Simply not going to happen. Juho Lammikko was the leading rookie Import with 44 points. A world Junior with Finland (95% sure on that, could be wrong), also a Florida Panthers pick. Lindberg and Suter where the only 70+ point imports. Jenys, Henriksson, Crus Rydberg, all older Imports, two NHL draft picks, only had 40+ points.

Justin Scott - He had a nice 30 goal, 53 point season and could play on the teams top line next season with Mangiapane and Lemieux. If that's the case he should replicate last years numbers. But 30 goals 60 Points is Scott's plateau. A good two-way player, but not a pure offensive threat that can produce 70+.

Rasmus Anderson - He had 64 this year, so predicting 60+ again is not far fetched. He should reach it. But remember he'll miss time at the World Juniors this year. An given his already established offensive game, any NHL team who drafts him is going to send him back to junior asking him to work on the defensive side of the puck.

Roy Radke - I liked what I saw out of him this year, he has offensive ability and should break out next season. But I see the 20/20 or 40+ point potential.

Kreis - Kreis is a bust. He has a total of 32 points in 113 games. He won't be drafted to the NHL this year after being a first round OHL draft talent. There's skill there but he has far to many holes to his game.

James - Big fan of Cordell James, heavy, two-way player with some offensive upside albeit not his strength. James could fill a role as a complementary player, crash an bang and get loose pucks for more skilled linemates. He'll see a point increase but don't expect it to be massive.

Trading from Strome - Well I mean anything is possible but I think its far to early to predict a deadline deal for an elite forward. Strome could make the NHL, get hurt, to many variables.

The Colts will likely be battling for second in the Central with the Battalion, I'd like to give the Colts the edge but I'll never count out a Stan Butler coached team regardless of a rebuild. Niagara and Ottawa look like they'll be the beasts of the East next season.

Here's my break down of that potential lines may look like next season,

Lemieux-Mangiapane-Radke
Scott-James-Kreis
Pastorious-Carbonara-Hawerchuk
Chiodo-Allen*-Blacksmith
Ex-Willms*, Brown*, Pecca*

Andersson-Webster
Bauman-Prophet
Carrick-Gagnon

Ex-Kaura, Dunn*, Ferraro*, Brassard

Blackwood
Badenhorst

Needs - Depth Down the Middle, Back up Goaltender, Top 6 Winger, Top 4 Defender

Strengths - Starting Goaltending

In my opinion, while the lineup you suggest is decent, will not happen. On the OA front, if Labanc does not come back, Nosad will be and would be on the second line, most likely with Radke, and James. Scotter had a breakout year, and could start the season as the top line centre. Regardless Bauman is out either way, as he would be another OA

Carrick and Gagnon are most likely out, with Dunn and Brassard taking their spots. With lots of big boy talent in the mix this year, like Brown for example, Chiodo will have a hard time sticking with the team.

Badenhorst was convenient help last year, but a new goalie prospect will be on the team as the starter of the future as Blackwood only has one more year here.

Finally, your line up is missing our import pick this year, whomever it will be. There spot most likely sees them on the third line, and possible a swap with Kreis on the second line if he struggles

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
With regards to what you said, I see know error, sounds very reasonable. Your take on the outlook of the Colts also seems very reasonable.

As far as the Import position, I left it blank just because their selection hasn't been made yet. I would expect they draft a guy to play in their top 6, at the very least the top 9.

On Bauman, I added Bauman over Nosad because I felt the D-Core would be fairly young and a veteran back their may make some sense over Nosad, as I doubt we see Justin Scott or or Michael Webster be the odd OA out. But you see them on a game by game bases so I'll take your word on Nosad over Bauman. I saw Nosad with the Petes a lot and wasn't overly impressed, that factored in as well.

I believe Carrick will be out as well, his game really hasn't improved at all over his OHL career, if anything I believe its regressed some. Again I just added his name in their because he is technically eligible to return. I believe Dunn, Brassard and even Gagnon hold the advantage over Carrick.

Harky121*

In my opinion, while the lineup you suggest is decent, will not happen. On the OA front, if Labanc does not come back, Nosad will be and would be on the second line, most likely with Radke, and James. Scotter had a breakout year, and could start the season as the top line centre. Regardless Bauman is out either way, as he would be another OA

Carrick and Gagnon are most likely out, with Dunn and Brassard taking their spots. With lots of big boy talent in the mix this year, like Brown for example, Chiodo will have a hard time sticking with the team.

Badenhorst was convenient help last year, but a new goalie prospect will be on the team as the starter of the future as Blackwood only has one more year here.

Finally, your line up is missing our import pick this year, whomever it will be. There spot most likely sees them on the third line, and possible a swap with Kreis on the second line if he struggles

Kevin is a good friend of mine and I have spoke to him a few times. He is going to make the decision if he is ready or not for the AHL or NHL next season. I believe Kevin plays exactly like Ryan Callahan smaller player but a very hard worker but I just don't think he will be ready for the AHL or NHL next season. I say he gets 1 more year with the colts and he will be ready.

Harky121*

That's some serious wishful thinking.

3 import players this season had more than 70 points. All 3 of them were also veterans.

And Kreis for 50 points? Are you kidding? He has 32 points in 100+ games. He also had less points this year than he did in his rookie season.

Look you want too make predictions for you team than have at it. But making stat predictions is the worst thing you can do. Your chances of being correct are slim too none.

Your a rangers fan that's why your saying this. Stick to your rangers if you are going to say things like that please.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Your a rangers fan that's why your saying this. Stick to your rangers if you are going to say things like that please.

Don't see how being a fan from a team in the other conference that the Colts only play once a season has anything too do with it. I am a fan of the OHL and if I want too post my 2 cents here I will. Now if you want too get back to arguing points as too why your prediction is right or wrong than have at it. But saying stuff like this is kind of idiotic and pointless and not even worth responding too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00