Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
1-0 SJ is your score after two periods, but the third period will start with a minute of Texas 5 on 3 PP with Bystedt in the box for holding, followed by a too many men call.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Frankly, I was expecting Bystedt to go pointless during this stint so him having any points is a plus for me. With kind of a down year and the general NA ice acclimation, I was just thinking this would be a cup of tea.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
And, we’re headed to OT

Where we lose. I cannot think of a more fitting way to end the last home game.

Cuda had a bunch of good chances tonight but they scuffed them or blasted them wide. Frustrating.

Last edited:

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
Based on the fact that he has 2 points in 4 games outside of one extremely good offensive game. It’s disingenuous to say “oh he’s going to be great because of 5 points in 5 games” when it’s clearly lacking context.

He’s been fine. He’s not been bad but he really hasn’t been the level you’d expect a PPG player.

It feels weird to carve an already small sample size to paint the picture you want. How far is it from “outside of the games where he has points, he has no no points”?

I get what you’re saying in that he has work to do. But I don’t think you need to slice his 5 games down to 4 to remove the initial outburst to make the point. “He’s been PPG during this short stint, but still has lots of areas to work on… yada yada…” probably doesn’t get the snarky responses.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It feels weird to carve an already small sample size to paint the picture you want. How far is it from “outside of the games where he has points, he has no no points”?

I get what you’re saying in that he has work to do. But I don’t think you need to slice his 5 games down to 4 to remove the initial outburst to make the point. “He’s been PPG during this short stint, but still has lots of areas to work on… yada yada…” probably doesn’t get the snarky responses.
It’s Hodge. It still would get snarky responses from him for sure. Dude lives on snark and moving goal posts.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

They played this video during the last couple home games. Some guaranteed home dates for the Cuda at home next year:

Oct. 19 (Home opener)
Dec. 1
Dec. 21
Feb. 1
Mar. 1
Mar. 19
Mar. 29

Also has a logo for our tenth season at the end.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Last two games of the season tonight and tomorrow, Barracuda are @ Tucson.

I'm not sure the Cuda are getting anyone back from the Sharks for these games. Which is fine, because our games against Tucson are liable to be penaltyfests. They've also been some of our most high-scoring games of the season.

Meanwhile today Arizona sent down Doan, Guenther, Kesselring, Kolyachonok and Raty to the Roadrunners, since they not only have these two games, they're also gearing up for the playoffs. Not sure if any of them will play this weekend. This could be a weird couple of games to end the season on.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
There are many "Stay in Tucson"/"Roadrunners belong in Tucson" signs in the crowd during warmups.

Tucson are also wearing some "El Lazo" alternate jerseys which are are actually pretty nice looking.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Sabourin scores to make it 1-0 Cuda after Robins steals the puck on the forecheck.

It's been a bit of a snorefest up until that point, intensity is just not there so far. Lot of icing.

End of the first period, shots are just 7-4 SJ. No penalties. Surprised Tucson looks so flat, they've still got the #2 seed to play for. Sabourin got a big hit in right near the end of the period that might've woke them up, though.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Sabourin-Onyebuchi III. Sabourin went right after Onyebuchi after the draw and he just started feeding him punches. That was almost more of a mugging than a fight. I think Sabourin just got tossed for that. Onyebuchi had laid out Rau earlier in the period.

This is more of what I expected.

Edit: Oh wow. The penalties are 5 for fighting, a game misconduct and two for unsportsmanlike on Sabourin, and two for roughing on Onyebuchi. So that's a five-minute power play for Tucson.

The Barracuda do kill it off, and it's still 1-1 after two periods.

Last edited:
  • Wow

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Szuber knocks in a rebound to make it 2-1 Tucson with about five minutes to go, tough bounce. Hebig then scores a minute later to extend it to 3-1.

The other unfortunate news in this period is Akim Aliu limped to the bench with what looked like an injury, despite there not being any real contact on him on that shift that I could see.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Tucson adds an empty netter by just launching the puck from their own zone to make it 4-1.

Onyebuchi then throws another unnecessary hit from behind on Vanroboys that leads to the game breaking down a little one more time. Misconducts to Vincent and Vitelli.

Game still wasn't finished, as McCartney throws a backhander past Chrona to make it 5-1 with 40 seconds left. That's your final.

Tucson outshot the Barracuda 14-2 in the third period. I guess Cardwell also took a misconduct at the end of the game but I didn't really see what it was for.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad