Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Barracuda just played a video with several “guaranteed dates” for next season, including the season opener on October 19. Very early to be announcing that.

2-0 Cuda after one.

Last edited:

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Yep because that’s what I said :laugh:

Has nothing to do with you missing context yet again. Everyone else is the issue.
What's the issue? You convinced me he's a bust.

It's actually even worse than you described. If you just look at the 4/6 game against Ontario, Bystedt has 0 points in 1 game. He should probably start in the ECHL next season tbh.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What's the issue? You convinced me he's a bust.

It's actually even worse than you described. If you just look at the 4/6 game against Ontario, Bystedt has 0 points in 1 game. He should probably start in the ECHL next season tbh.
Yep again here’s you putting words in peoples mouths. Like you always do.

You came in and posted his stat sheet. I added the context that yes it’s good but not as good as it looks at first glance. Back to the old Hodge I see. Fun. Welcome back to the ignore list.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan and Hodge

jarr92

May 7, 2013

You came in and posted his stat sheet. I added the context that yes it’s good but not as good as it looks at first glance. Back to the old Hodge I see. Fun. Welcome back to the ignore list.
He’s just messing with you.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Bystedt just needs to keep getting more reps in, as there's a couple things that have been issues for him that should be worked out just by getting more used to the speed of the game. He often holds onto the puck a fraction of a second longer than he should, he gets stripped of it a lot. And he's got to stop trying to deke around multiple defenders at this stage.

I think right now he's holding his own well between two guys (Gushchin and Cardwell) who are arguably our two best forwards at the moment. And I like his effort in the defensive zone.

By the way, his three points in his debut tied a Barracuda record. But the other two guys that scored three points in their debut are Dylan Gambrell and Evan Weinger.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany

It’s exactly as good as it looks, taking out the best game is totally unwarranted, or did the Cuda play a bunch of 5 year old three legged puppies that night?

Problem is, the sample size is way way way too short to draw any conclusion (especially if you both just argue with points, which isn’t a good starting point)

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
It’s exactly as good as it looks, taking out the best game is totally unwarranted, or did the Cuda play a bunch of 5 year old three legged puppies that night?

Problem is, the sample size is way way way too short to draw any conclusion (especially if you both just argue with points, which isn’t a good starting point)
The point is his stint isn’t as good as it looks. How is that totally unwarranted?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Final Barracuda home game of the season. Akim Aliu back in, playing forward this time. Knyzhov draws back in.

I'm a little interested in seeing how Houle does on line 3 with Todd and Robins. I liked what he did with very limited ice time in his last game.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Based on what?
Based on the fact that he has 2 points in 4 games outside of one extremely good offensive game. It’s disingenuous to say “oh he’s going to be great because of 5 points in 5 games” when it’s clearly lacking context.

He’s been fine. He’s not been bad but he really hasn’t been the level you’d expect a PPG player.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Based on the fact that he has 2 points in 4 games outside of one extremely good offensive game. It’s disingenuous to say “oh he’s going to be great because of 5 points in 5 games” when it’s clearly lacking context.

He’s been fine. He’s not been bad but he really hasn’t been the level you’d expect a PPG player.
This kid has been playing his whole life in bigger sized rinks. As I understand it, that adjustment is not easy. Even with that, he came out of the gates with 2 goals. Was that great? I’m sure he thought so. The fans thought so. I thought so. You don’t agree, tempering your expectations is your right.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This kid has been playing his whole life in bigger sized rinks. As I understand it, that adjustment is not easy. Even with that, he came out of the gates with 2 goals. Was that great? I’m sure he thought so. The fans thought so. I thought so. You don’t agree, tempering your expectations is your right.
This post means nothing man. :laugh:

I don’t understand how me saying he’s been average outside of one game is such an issue.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
The point is his stint isn’t as good as it looks. How is that totally unwarranted?
The other way of looking at it is that a PPG even in this SSS is pretty impressive considering he is adjusting, and Bystedt himself even said he's not happy with a lot of aspects of his game. Just imagine him when he is playing well!

Also, goals like last night's are nice to see because it shows off a pretty wicked shot. Good skill to have--especially because we're looking at a guy who people were worried about his offensive upside based on his production in Sweden. So any positive signs in that regard are, well, positive.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad