Barracuda News & Discussion VII

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Henderson scores on the PP. Organization on the PK was… not great here. 2-1 HSK

Bystedt now seems to be on line 3 with Carroll and Robins. (Edit: Nope, that was just one or two shifts)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
If they hadn't built TechCU just last year I'd suggest moving the Barracuda to Oakland now that there are no pro sports teams left in the East Bay. Could have really helped grow the Sharks' footprint.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Cardwell scores at the end of the second to make it 4-2 Cuda. Bystedt should get a secondary assist on that one.

It’s about what you’d expect from two non-playoff teams. Kinda sloppy, some lazy penalties. Henderson’s goalie letting in a couple weak ones.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Knights make it 5-4 on a wraparound. What an awful start to the third. We were just on our heels. Kinal is benched again.

Gushchin ties it back up. Nice shot, but Vikman really not having a great night in net.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Like I said on my last post, this one was crazy. Henderson looked like they'd taken control of the game in the first half of the third period, and then we suddenly come right back.

I'm not saying this to put down Bystedt at all. I think he's looked good in his time here so far. But I've felt like it's his linemates Gushchin and Cardwell that have elevated themselves as of late. After Bystedt's three-point debut this was his first recorded point- a secondary assist on goal 4 at the end of the second. Meanwhile Cardwell had two goals, Gushchin had one goal and two assists.

Nathan Todd also had a goal and two assists, Jack Thompson had two assists himself.

Really felt like they were avoiding playing the fourth line tonight, especially Grainger. Houle looked alright in his limited time and even got an assist.

I remember at the start of the season I thought Pulli was a complete liability (and he kinda was). I just want to give him some kudos. As of late, the guy delivers solid, if unspectacular play. He just doesn't do much of anything that grabs eyeballs so I gloss over him a little. So I'm giving him a mention while I'm thinking of it. Good job lately Valtteri.

Reactions: Cas and Sandisfan

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I went to the game tonight specifically to watch Bystedt and Thompson. Bystedt is nowhere near NHL ready. He has lots to learn. I was really impressed with Thompson. Puck mover who knows when it’s time to make the safe play. Good point shot with the ability to get it through the d and on net. Active on defense and fights for position in front of the net. Lots to like. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him challenge for a spot on the Sharks next year.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I was really impressed with Thompson. Puck mover who knows when it’s time to make the safe play. Good point shot with the ability to get it through the d and on net. Active on defense and fights for position in front of the net.

I'm... going to hard disagree on the last part. I find Thompson too passive on defense. He did fine tonight. I mean, the guy has the worst +/- on the team despite only playing with us for 14 games, he hasn't exactly been a defensive stalwart.

His puck movement alone should earn him an NHL look soon though, IMO. I don't want it to sound like I don't like the guy.

Last edited:

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
I went to the game tonight specifically to watch Bystedt and Thompson. Bystedt is nowhere near NHL ready. He has lots to learn. I was really impressed with Thompson. Puck mover who knows when it’s time to make the safe play. Good point shot with the ability to get it through the d and on net. Active on defense and fights for position in front of the net. Lots to like. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him challenge for a spot on the Sharks next year.

The good thing is the Bystedt recognizes this which is very promising. He has the size and skill to adjust I have no doubt. What is always the question is the attitude and he appears to have the right one.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

Everyone currently on an amateur tryout, with the exception of Mason Klee, has been signed for next season.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
2-0 Cuda early. Texas is all out of sorts.

First Vanroboys takes an undisciplined slashing penalty, but Texas knocks it out of the zone as he’s coming out of the box. That’s a breakaway and goal.

Then Gushchin collects a loose puck and just snipes one past Murray. Stars had to call timeout at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad