Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
BTW, I was just looking through the barracuda apparel store, thinking about buying a jersey, and I'm wondering why the hell a Barracuda jersey costs 194 friggin bucks!?

ISharkted

Apr 11, 2009
Cuda down 0-1 end of first period. This team looks shockingly bad 5 on 5. Was thinking maybe first game jitters against the Condors but given how many forwards have had games with the Sharks, I think they look awful. Leonard, Sasha, Gregor, Gambrell all invisible. Actually Gambrell had a D lapse that gave up that goal then shortly after took a bad penalty and put the Eagles on the PP. Only forward hitting anyone was Gallant.

A few positives: I think Kniazev was by far the best Cuda player on the ice. He was given PP and PK time in addition to his 5 on 5 duties. He looked really solid, without much help around him. Pushed play on O when he could and was defensively responsible. I really like his game. Second best Cuda player was R. Merkley, the talent is there and effort was pretty good. Someone mentioned after the Condors game that he needs more talent around him and I agree. Would be interesting to see him get a shot at some point with the Sharks this year. He QB’d and ran the PP in the first pretty much all by himself. So Kniazev and Merks both look good, the best and second best Cuda players on the ice.

I don’t know if it’s a scheme thing or what, but the forwards cannot seem to hold position in the O zone. I guess I expected better based on the caliber of forwards “on paper”.

ISharkted

Apr 11, 2009
Hobo how would you explain this? I think the Cuda play way worse than the sum of their parts. Like I see spurts of good individual effort but I think their play as a team is poor.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Hobo how would you explain this? I think the Cuda play way worse than the sum of their parts. Like I see spurts of good individual effort but I think their play as a team is poor.

Right now I feel like their breakout needs some tweaking against this team. They keep trying to stretch it through the middle and Colorado's in the neutral zone sitting on it.

ISharkted

Apr 11, 2009
Right now I feel like their breakout needs some tweaking against this team. They keep trying to stretch it through the middle and Colorado's in the neutral zone sitting on it.
I can get on board with that. I just expected the forwards to be much better than what they are showing. Yuck

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Weird that they're going for stretch passes. Seems like the big club has been going with short passes through the neutral zone this season

It's not always stretch passes, but the pucks are just not getting into our zone. They are trying some of the short passes as well but Colorado is just gumming up the neutral zone. I'd kinda like to just see them go with more dump and chase at this point.

I like what we're doing once set up in the offensive zone, but we are doing a very poor job of getting there in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad