Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
3-0 Condors, end of 1. Melnichuk not looking great to start. Barracuda are getting beat to every loose puck.

Gallant got in a fight and went straight to the locker room. Haven't seen him back yet.

edit: Gallant now back out there
Welp guess we're gonna be stuck with Jones and Dubnyk for the season

Reactions: Sandisfan

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Melnichuk should play as much as possible for the cuda since the Sharks refuse to even try him in goal.

Having him just sit around is really great for development...

Reactions: Napreemer

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
He played last night didnt he? He got shelled hard. 6 goals on 27 shots.

Yeah, it wasn't pretty last night, but there weren't a lot of positives for the whole Cuda team.

Melnichuk will play plenty, but Sawchenko or Harvey are likely to rotate in some soon. Cuda have four back to backs coming up in the month of March alone.

Reactions: themelkman

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Merkley misplays the puck at center, Barracuda lose 3-2 in OT:

He had two assists on the game, but not a great finish for him.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
If I'm Merkley I shake my head, tap my heart muttering "that's on me, that's on me" to my team and I analyze and don't make the same mistake again.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
If I'm Merkley I shake my head, tap my heart muttering "that's on me, that's on me" to my team and I analyze and don't make the same mistake again.
I think his stick slam was him being pissed at himself. That was a lazy play. Could've been fatigue, or whatever, but he's got to be in better position to at the very least prevent a breakaway against.

OscarsCards

Spooky action at a distance
Mar 13, 2013
Cesis
Same lineup as last night, so he's in at 4LW again.

You know, he's not even bad at forward. He's a big guy who drives the net pretty well.

If he's not bad then he has skills to do it, there's a lot more skating and action at the boards I guess but in this case I think it's all about to be in the right position so you have to read the game well. That's cool and fun of course but he needs to play D and get that experience.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
All right I'm in. Got AHL TV to watch some of these kids.

EDIT: Ok watched most of the last game. Merkley ain't playing in the NHL anytime soon. It's as I thought. He's a train wreck defensively and doesn't really stand out that much offensively either in this one. Not even on PP1. Such a low effort player all game. Not sure I see many NHL players on this roster at the forward position. Meloche, Jaros & Pasichuk are pretty good but that's about it. Jaros moves really well for a big dude. Hope some of these guys develop. Makes sense though since guys like Gamby, JL, Gregor & Knyzhov should all probably be playing at this level instead of the NHL. McGrew looks dangerous along with H+10.

I don't know if all the games have been like this but Melnichuk would be better off in the NHL. Cuda outshoot the Gulls 2-1 but the chances they give up are breakaways and outnumbered tip ins. This one game was just a highlight reel for him. Nice glove hand and incredibly athletic. Dude doesn't give up on a play.

Last edited:

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I don't know if all the games have been like this but Melnichuk would be better off in the NHL. Cuda outshoot the Gulls 2-1 but the chances they give up are breakaways and outnumbered tip ins. This one game was just a highlight reel for him. Nice glove hand and incredibly athletic. Dude doesn't give up on a play.

They haven't, but he's just had two good games in a row. Before that were two not-so-good ones. But if him coming up meant Jones is out, I'd be for it, so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad