Barkov, Jones, Mackinnon, or Drouin

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Feaster and Weisbrod have been picking a lot more Americans at the draft.... But I'm confident they will pick BPA.

Assuming we pick top 5 - 10

Right now: (for me)
1. Jones
2. MacKinnon
3. Drouin
4. Barkov
5. Monahan
6. Lindholm

I really think Drouin will turn into a special player too.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Feaster and Weisbrod have been picking a lot more Americans at the draft.... But I'm confident they will pick BPA.

Assuming we pick top 5 - 10

Right now: (for me)
1. Jones
2. MacKinnon
3. Drouin
4. Barkov
5. Monahan
6. Lindholm

I really think Drouin will turn into a special player too.

I would avoid players that are on the same team one seems to always carry the other and then we get just a decent player.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Who'a ranked like 35th right now? I think we'll get him, you know, trade up a bit first. We don't need the best player available.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm thinking, if we trade that first overall, for like 10th, get an extra second round pick; then trade that 10th for 21-25 for a second second round. We can *safely* draft someone ranked 30-36th, and pick marginal talent with the extra second rounders.

It's a winning strategy DAMNIT!

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'm thinking, if we trade that first overall, for like 10th, get an extra second round pick; then trade that 10th for 21-25 for a second second round. We can *safely* draft someone ranked 30-36th, and pick marginal talent with the extra second rounders.

It's a winning strategy DAMNIT!

:laugh:

But if we did want Barkov we could trade back a pick or 2 and get some nice assets as well or even get Bo Horvat:sarcasm:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
:laugh:

But if we did want Barkov we could trade back a pick or 2 and get some nice assets as well or even get Bo Horvat:sarcasm:

I just want a rebuild honestly, think it's about time. I thought I liked this team, but I was thinking of mid 2000's Jarome and Kipper. Along with the rest of the gang. The defense is really poor on that bottom pair...

The only bright spots I've seen from the Flames is that Backlund IS that second line center we've wanted. The free agent pickups have been great... But that old guard... is just that. Old.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I just want a rebuild honestly, think it's about time. I thought I liked this team, but I was thinking of mid 2000's Jarome and Kipper. Along with the rest of the gang. The defense is really poor on that bottom pair...

The only bright spots I've seen from the Flames is that Backlund IS that second line center we've wanted. The free agent pickups have been great... But that old guard... is just that. Old.

I am not against a rebuild but honestly with half decent goaltending we are 3-1-1 right now I would wait on shipping people out for a few weeks when teams get a little more desperate. But I think moving Cammy,Gio,Iggy,Kipper for the right mix of players we could rebound next year just need smart trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad