Speculation: Barkov is true draft target for Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
If they really want Barkov, Sakic should be on the phone with Tallon right now telling him how awesome MacKinnon is gonna look in an Avs jersey.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
out of all the posters on the board... RS is the one you would question?

I didn't question RS. I think it's great that people with insider knowledge state things that will be easy to verify in the future.

If Avs pick Barkov, the source is obviously good. If not, he's not.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I would trade the 1st pick to the Buffalo Sabres for Tyler Myers and Cody Hodson should that be an option.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

This from The Hockey News

Ryan Kennedy ‏@THNRyanKennedy 8m
Speaking with a Denver insider, it really sounds like Colorado is going to take Nathan MacKinnon with the first pick now.

I have it from a good source the Avs are targeting Nurse.

Amen to both. Either take NM first or trade down and get a great forward plus the best D-Man in the draft.

Source just confirmed that Barkov is extremely high on the list, potentially even number one. All evidence out there backs up the claim, too.

But I thought you said the Avs were going to take Jones first overall???

Last edited by a moderator:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I don't think anyone has a problem with with putting your money where your mouth is, when you claim to have connections.

So you're asking me to make a bet that the Avs will take Barkov? There is no way I would do that. The draft is a volatile thing. It can shake down in thousands of different ways.

Do I think the Avs are extremely high on Barkov? Yes.

Does that mean he'll end up being the pick? Of course that's not for sure.

EDIT: Just saw that the quoted post wasn't necessarily meant for me.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
But I thought you said the Avs were going to take Jones first overall???

Ehh. Was a gut feeling. Might still come true.

The recent stuff on Barkov comes from people close to Avs brass, not just a gut (and hope) of a thought.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Except even if Avs don't take Jonesm they might trade down and someone else could take Jones 1st ovr.

Draft hasn't been done yet, so guess you aren't right at least yet, eh?

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
You had Jones to Colorado as a done deal, multiple times. I think we can all agree we equally have no idea and everybody is just speculating :laugh:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Except even if Avs don't take Jonesm they might trade down and someone else could take Jones 1st ovr.

Draft hasn't been done yet, so guess you aren't right at least yet, eh?

I've been saying for over a year now, Jones is not even the best 1994 born d-man. I think ultimately Puliot and Rielly will be better than he will be and 1996 born Ekblad next year's draft is a better than Jones right now. But we'll see in 5 years from now. :)

IndustryLeech

Jan 23, 2013
Fort Collins, CO
I wonder if I could talk a doctor into chemically inducing me into a coma until late morning on the 30th? This next week and a half is going to be brutal for Avs fans.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

You had Jones to Colorado as a done deal, multiple times. I think we can all agree we equally have no idea and everybody is just speculating :laugh:

Me???

I have been the one who has been saying the Avs should pass on Jones forever. I have been taking a beating for it, too.

Huis Clos*

Me???

I have been the one who has been saying the Avs should pass on Jones forever. I have been taking a beating for it, too.

Not really a better feeling than being correct about something on the internet. It's good we all know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia