Speculation: Barkov is true draft target for Avalanche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Crusher

Apr 10, 2011
Quebec City
I have it from a good source the Avs are targeting Nurse.
I have Nurse ranked pretty low. Would take Jones 10 times out of 10 before him. To the people that think Jones is a high risk...I put Nurse has one of the players in top-10 who will maybe never translate his game to NHL.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Barkov has been at wing very rarely. He fits much better at C.

His strengths would be wasted a little at wing imo.

Agreed, Barkov is about as pure a center as you'll find.

I would be really happy to draft this kid. He was already the best two way forward in the FEL as a 17 year old. A number of players have improved their skating while playing for the Avs so I'm not too worried about that, and he doesn't have many other weaknesses.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Anyone knows why he is wearing gold helmet where rest of his team wears white? Is it some indication of junior player? If he is doing it just to look fancy I don't want AVS to be in 5 mile range of this guy.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
I have Nurse ranked pretty low. Would take Jones 10 times out of 10 before him. To the people that think Jones is a high risk...I put Nurse has one of the players in top-10 who will never translate his game to NHL.

He's just being a cynic as per usual

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Anyone knows why he is wearing gold helmet where rest of his team wears white? Is it some indication of junior player? If he is doing it just to look fancy I don't want AVS to be in 5 mile range of this guy.

It's a league thing. The leading scorer wears a gold helmet.

Metalcommand

Mar 3, 2010

In FEL the leading scorer of team wears the golden helmet.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I have Nurse ranked pretty low. Would take Jones 10 times out of 10 before him. To the people that think Jones is a high risk...I put Nurse has one of the players in top-10 who will maybe never translate his game to NHL.

Really? I think Nurse's game will translate just fine, I just don't think he will have a very high offensive upside. More in the 15-30 point range, with solid physical D.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
It could be the gold helmet thats swinging things in favor of Barkov.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Well, this got exciting. Florida fans seem willing to give up something decent to move up a pick. Honestly, if they send us Shore or Howden, take it and pick Barkov at 2.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
It's a good idea to believe everything you read on the internet.

It's something to talk about, and fits the context of their recent actions. Everyone knows its just speculation. Since you apparently have a problem with pretty much everything that's talked about here, I find it amusing that you're here so often.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Do you really expect him to answer that? RS is very well connected... I have a couple ideas of who would have told him this, but out of respect I won't guess.

I don't think anyone has a problem with with putting your money where your mouth is, when you claim to have connections.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Brian Costello ‏@bcostellothn 39m
More and more, it's looking like Colorado will take MacKinnon, not Jones, first overall June 30, a source tells me.

Ugh all these people with their "sources"

Is it June 30th yet?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't think anyone has a problem with with putting your money where your mouth is, when you claim to have connections.

Coming out and saying ______ told me this is a very good way to never get inside information from that person again. We will know if RS's source was correct or not in 11 days, no reason to try to get him to out anybody.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
More and more, it's looking like Colorado will take MacKinnon, not Jones, first overall June 30, a source tells me.

Is it June 30th yet?

Ryan - HOTR ‏@RocksHockeyRyan 21 min
The last five minutes has proven that nobody knows who the Avs will take

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Is it June 30th yet?

No kidding. Now I am starting to get a sneaking feeling this could all be a well orchestrated bluff. Sakic doing an interview with Dater late at night, instead of during the day, so it doesn't look to obvious? A bunch of "sources" coming out of nowhere, all with different information, none of which says Jones is their guy.

Who the hell knows what's going on. This is gonna be a crazy week and a half. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad