Proposal: Bargain Bin targets

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
While we're talking about goalies...

I wonder if NYR would actually trade Shesterkin. I would love to see one of those two here.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
While we're talking about goalies...

I wonder if NYR would actually trade Shesterkin. I would love to see one of those two here.

Would be a great option but I doubt it. I think they'll figure out a way to move on from Lundqvist before trading Shesterkin.

Maybe Matt Murray is an option in the off-season with the emergence of Jarry.

Last edited:

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Additional info on Sorokin:

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEL1OqCmL7L9zvahHrbcKNM4qGQgEKhAIACoHCAow0ZmJCzCttYgDMKrxnwY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

I'm not sure he's necessarily wanting a trade, as opposed to playing for New York in the NHL. But definitely worth exploring.

Yeah I think there's been some misinterpretation. I don't think he asked for a trade, but the story was that he was considering another KHL deal because he wouldn't get as much ice time with NYI playing behind Varlomov.

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
#7OA in 2017 will cost us our 2nd rounder. I don't think a team would offer their first, and we should have the best second. Maybe a second tier prospect as well like a Turgeon.

NotLeddy

Trust the Yzerscam
Oct 23, 2018
I could see Svechnikov for Andersson happening.

Not sure how I feel about that one for one swap (personally I'd argue Svech is better right now), but given Andersson's position at center, I could see NHL GMs seeing the trade as even. Svechnikov just doesn't seem like he has a future with this organization, unfortunately.

I wouldn't make this trade, but I kinda wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I could see Svechnikov for Andersson happening.

Not sure how I feel about that one for one swap (personally I'd argue Svech is better right now), but given Andersson's position at center, I could see NHL GMs seeing the trade as even. Svechnikov just doesn't seem like he has a future with this organization, unfortunately.

I wouldn't make this trade, but I kinda wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

I'd extend it a bit.

Athanasiou + Svechnikov <> Lias Andersson + goalie prospect + pick

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
I think we're overstating Andersson's value currently. My guess is that the return (if the Rangers trade him) is less than what's being suggested here.

Possibly. My suggestion of our second rounder could be too high as he was a stretch pick in 2017 and hasn't showed much since. I mean he went7th but say he was a 15-20 range, three years later and given his output giving up #32 might be too much. Folks would hate it especially come the draft when that sure first rounder falls out of the first and would have been sitting there waiting for us.

I would like to bring the kid in through - and would basically give Yzerman the benefit of the doubt on any package he paid. Of course maybe we wouldn't have interest at all, depending on what our pro scouts and maybe Hakan think of him at this stage.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
I wouldn’t trade a 2nd for Andersson currently. He has shown very little even in the AHL

I'd have to agree. I think when you look and see that Honka and Puljujarvi were both unable to be moved I think the value of "Tweener" types is pretty limited. I still like Andersson and think he can be a 2C if everything works out, but he has had 2 bad years in a row and that really effects his likelihood of success. In his D-1, D, and D+1 he had production that had him looking like a surefire 2C, it wasn't until he made the transition to NA and began to get yo-yoed between the AHL & NHL that his development stagnated.

I think I'd be okay with a swap of sorts, something like Svechnikov or Smith for Andersson may make sense for both sides. Maybe add a 3rd if the offers get competitive, but I think given the circumstances a 1 for 1 would seem to be sufficient. If we were to trade for him think he would slot in as our 3C right away though I could see him being given top 6 minutes from the outset as our center depth is really awful.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Yes Fabbri worked out but Yzerman is doing too much shuffling seats on the titanic. There were good options for Sprong and Ho-Sang on waivers earlier. No more minor trades for me. Ante up and get something good.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I hope the Wings find more free assets now & in the future, especially in the event that most of our prospects that we expect to make it, don't make it, or have a lesser/minimal impact. Cholo, Svech, Hirose, Kuffner, Lindstrom, Smith, Turgeon & other bubble guys etc come to mind. To a much
lesser degree Ras/JV, though at worst I think they're eventually 3rd/2nd liners respectively. Clock is ticking.

Petterson for disgruntled/underachieving Sprong & Marino for a 6th in PIT, both top 4 now...those are 2 of the best under the radar moves this season.

Mikheyev, Georgiev from Russia, solid Free assets, unsigned FA's from lesser leagues. Gustafsson (Hawks) is another who wasn't signed by EDM after they drafted him iirc.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
How is Biega considered a win? He is slow and largely quite bad, seems like an AHL or European League level player to me.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
What about a guy like Christian Djoos?

A year ago the Caps seemed to value him over Bowey, and IIRC, the only reason he's been buried this season is because he filed for arbitration and ended up with an award that put the Caps over the limit. I would assume if they weren't cool with $1.25M this past summer, they probably won't want to offer it in a QO?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad