Barclays Center Islanders vs Devils Game

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm pretty mad they won't show this game on TV. It's the first ever game at Barclays (Even if it's just a pre season game) can't they air it? I'm just pissed we don't get any televised preseason games other than that first one against the Rangers on Monday.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
"The New York Islanders will play the first-ever NHL game at Barclays Center on Saturday, Sept. 21 when they take on the New Jersey Devils at 7PM. The preseason game will mark the first NHL game ever played in Brooklyn."

Is anyone planning on going to this? If so wanna do a bar crawl or meet up or whatever?

My flight lands at JFK at 4pm that day. Hopefully can get the hotel squared up and get to the arena by 6. Planning on dragging my cousin and a couple other friends to the game. I haven't gotten tickets yet; Currently playing chicken with the prices on StubHub. Seemed like they ran out of most of the cheap seats on Ticketmaster.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
Me and my bud will be there, interested in seeing the layout.

Tickets aren't cheap though, $100 for a non-obstructed pair on Stubhub right now. Maybe prices will go down though as we get closer.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Tickets aren't cheap though, $100 for a non-obstructed pair on Stubhub right now. Maybe prices will go down though as we get closer.

They have obstructed view seats in a brand new arena? What the hell?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I love going to pre-season games it is the usually the earliest and sometimes only opportunity you'll get to see some of the young players.

I love going to NCAA games for the same reason.

BigBlueAndRed

Apr 15, 2012
They have obstructed view seats in a brand new arena? What the hell?

Wasn't designed with hockey in mind.

When Barclays was initially being constructed under the design of architect Frank Gehry, the arena considered whether to make it a basketball-only facility or a dual basketball-hockey facility. After Gehry was removed from the job for driving costs higher the arena had to make a decision on how to continue. Given that at the time the Islanders looked like a long shot to head to Brooklyn – this was in 2009 – the arena moved forward with construction as a basketball-only facility. Now that the Islanders have bolted for Brooklyn, the arena is being retrofit for hockey.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
I love going to pre-season games it is the usually the earliest and sometimes only opportunity you'll get to see some of the young players.

I love going to NCAA games for the same reason.

I got to meet and get an autograph from Scott Gomez right before his rookie year started because I went to a preseason game. It may not be as fond a memory these days, but it was up until he left.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Myself and about 20 other Devil's fans are meeting at 4th Ave Pub before the game.

It's 2 blocks from Barclay's, has 27 draft lines, and is Devil's fan owned and operated.

:handclap:

Status Quo*

I'm trying to go but stubhub is too expensive right now. I'll wait for them to drop in price before I buy.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah $50 is a 'bit' pricey for a preseason game. I'd rather go to a regular-season Nets game for a little more if I wanted to tour Barclays and I'm not even that interested in basketball lmao.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
Ice put in at Barclays. Islanders practice there tomorrow

1233632_591998284175684_1390251941_n.png

1239998_646582585365523_2146831228_n.jpg

Jossipov

Patty's Better
Oct 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Wow. Just went and looked again....well, they were cheap 2 days ago...at least wht I remember

The layout looks weird too. Thought I was looking at a concert

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

I took a second look at Ticketmaster and I'm tempted to gamble on an obstructed view seat. Section 105 is $48.40 per seat. Section 228 is $19.85 per seat.

Haven't been to Barclays Center before.......how tough are the ushers? Figured if the view was that bad, you could probably move over to a different section eventually.

Status Quo*

Judging from ticketmaster, the $19 seats are gone. $25 seats are popping up though. Might take one of those if stubhub prices don't drop.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
I took a second look at Ticketmaster and I'm tempted to gamble on an obstructed view seat. Section 105 is $48.40 per seat. Section 228 is $19.85 per seat.

Haven't been to Barclays Center before.......how tough are the ushers? Figured if the view was that bad, you could probably move over to a different section eventually.
Ushers are very strict. If you stop for a second at the wheelchair platform, they'll ask you to leave right away

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00