Movies: Barbie (July 21st 2023)

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm not going to go see it, but I suspect that it'll be successful. It cost only $100M and generations of women are going to drag along their boyfriends and husbands or make it a ladies night because the guys did Mission: Impossible the previous week.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not going to go see it, but I suspect that it'll be successful. It cost only $100M and generations of women are going to drag along their boyfriends and husbands or make it a ladies night because the guys did Mission: Impossible the previous week.
Did you even watch the full trailer? This doesn't seem to be that kind of a movie.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Did you even watch the full trailer? This doesn't seem to be that kind of a movie.
I watched it and it absolutely looks like that kind of movie. I don't see how there's any denying that. It could easily be one that guys who do see it end up liking, though.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's not from what I've been reading.
It's Barbie, a franchise that's all about female fantasies. There's pink everywhere. There's singing and dancing. There's pop music predominantly by female artists. It's about the female protagonist's feelings and her quest for true happiness. It's clearly a movie made for women (not that men can't enjoy it, too).

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Can't believe anyone thinks this is more interesting than Oppenheimer. Well, any man at least. Wish Ryan Gosling would stop going in crap like this.
Probably because Oppenheimer's story is well known and the whole Manhattan Project went by the book. I've sene the miniseries that came out in the 80's, starring Sam Waterston as Oppenheimer and it was dull as hell. Then I read about the subject from an encyclopedia and was informed. Barbie at least seem to in a completely unexpected direction.

I will. And a whole lot of other people will.
Based on BO projections, at least more people will.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Probably because Oppenheimer's story is well known and the whole Manhattan Project went by the book. I've sene the miniseries that came out in the 80's, starring Sam Waterston as Oppenheimer and it was dull as hell. Then I read about the subject from an encyclopedia and was informed. Barbie at least seem to in a completely unexpected direction.

Based on BO projections, at least more people will.
There's been plenty of good movies about stories that were well known. Wouldn't surprise me if Barbie movie does make more at the box office considering the general public have terrible taste in movies. Box office numbers mean absolutely nothing to me.

I don’t think it’s more “interesting” but it’ll sure be a hell of a lot more fun. It also intrigues me way more than Oppenheimer.
If by fun you mean corny, annoying and dumb then yes I agree.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
There's been plenty of good movies about stories that were well known. Wouldn't surprise me if Barbie movie does make more at the box office considering the general public have terrible taste in movies. Box office numbers mean absolutely nothing to me.

I’d love your comprehensive review of Barbie, since it seems you’ve already seen it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

So you've seen both movies then?

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
I don't need to see it, it's pretty obvious that a Barbie movie is going to be corny, annoying and most likely dumb. I'm definitely not surprised that you're looking forward to it though.

It’s only obvious to anyone who wants to come in with a preconceived notion of what it’ll be. Shocking those opinions are coming from certain posters.

Reactions: MaKarter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad