Weekes: Barbashev drawing lots of interest: Expected return is 1st or 2nd + prospect

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
My guess is Barbashev will end up getting a conditional 2nd and a 3rd.
2nd becomes a 1st if said team makes the conference finals.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
St. Louis ending up with three extra 1sts for Tarasenko, ROR and Barbashev would be a very nice haul. Especially in this Draft.

I like Barbashev as a UFA for Carolina next year but I hope they stay far away from those rental prices. I'd much rather have Henrique for 2 Playoffs.
Yea, if you handle Henriques 5.6M cap hit next year.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022
Yea, if you handle Henriques 5.6M cap hit next year.
Carolina has $28 million in Cap space next year with only Jordan Staal and 1 goalie to sign. Take a look at Capfriendly if you don't believe me.

They can absorb Henrique's $5.6 million if needed. They need to use ~$9 million to add a superstar talent as well.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Carolina has $28 million in Cap space next year with only Jordan Staal and 1 goalie to sign. Take a look at Capfriendly if you don't believe me.

They can absorb Henrique's $5.6 million if needed. They need to use ~$9 million to add a superstar talent as well.
Tyler Myers already said he didn't want to move...

• Haha
Reactions: The Electrician

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
105 players have played at least 50 playoff games since Barbashev broke into the league. He’s 94th in PPG under guys like Jay Beagle, Craig Smith, Pat Maroon, and Sean Kuraly. Not sure teams are going to pony up big for that bottom of the barell offense.

Reactions: Szechwan

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
105 players have played at least 50 playoff games since Barbashev broke into the league. He’s 94th in PPG under guys like Jay Beagle, Craig Smith, Pat Maroon, and Sean Kuraly. Not sure teams are going to pony up big for that bottom of the barell offense.
Spent all that time looking up these numbers and spent zero time reading this thread for previous posts explaining context. Why try to learn about a player when one can simply stay watch?

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
they're trying to get it in before he breaks out, pay attention :rolly:

• Haha
Reactions: quietbruinfan

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Cap space is an asset. IMO, you don’t fritter it away on guys like Henrique.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
He is short! But seriously, I would value Pelletier as more than a 2nd but less than a 1st. So I would want Flames to add. But not having watched him much, I could be underestimating him certainly.
He was a late 1st, he's a ppg in AHL and is now making an impact at the NHL level. He's short, but he can fly, he plays in your face, he has hands, poise, playmaking and scoring ability.

Imo, he's what were looking for in a barbashev return being a late 1st rounder, but he's 3 years ahead in his development.

Reactions: PerryTurnbullfan

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He was a late 1st, he's a ppg in AHL and is now making an impact at the NHL level. He's short, but he can fly, he plays in your face, he has hands, poise, playmaking and scoring ability.

Imo, he's what were looking for in a barbashev return being a late 1st rounder, but he's 3 years ahead in his development.
he isn't making impact at NHL level based on counting stats. 2 points in 11 games and -3. now their team is a mess, so not going to blame him for that. but he just doesn't seem like a Bluesy player. So maybe someone else values him as a 1st rounder, but i don't think we do.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
he isn't making impact at NHL level based on counting stats. 2 points in 11 games and -3. now their team is a mess, so not going to blame him for that. but he just doesn't seem like a Bluesy player. So maybe someone else values him as a 1st rounder, but i don't think we do.
Using his current results in the NHL shouldn't be our measurement for him at all, look at tages stats 2 seasons ago. We need to like his process and look to the type of player he could become 2-3+ years from now and if theres something tangible there?(Which i believe there is) Then I'd love to go get him.

He's playing in the NHL, whether it's positive or not, he is making an impact and gaining needed experience.

I've always loved his game going back to the draft, he was one of my absolute steals of the late 1st and I firmly believe he's a legit top 6 Complimentary winger that can do a bit of everything.

He's also a 21 yr old playing for Darryl Sutter. What are we realistically expecting in a barbashev trade? I doubt it's something better and closer to NHL ready than pelletier.

Look where we're at too, he'd have plenty of opportunity to come in and soak up top 6/9 minutes and probly get PP time. Without the stress of a playoff run or Darryl Sutter ridin his as*

Reactions: SwivelSchwartz

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
There’s going to be a bidding war soon. You better hurry and get your bid in

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
I get you want to use points as a metric. He was utilized as 4th and 3rd line shut down guy getting mostly defensive zone starts and deployment. He got 60 pts last year and looks like he is going to get 45 pts this year.

Bidding war?

Between north and south carolina maybe. There is really only one team seriously interested in Barbeshev.
There are about 6 teams interested. Do you not follow the news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad