bandwagon's mock draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
Captain Canuck 19 said:
Chill, I had other stuff to do. The draft isn't my first priority in life :-/ ...

Anyways, with the 8th pick overall the Pheonix Coyotes are proud to select LW Rick Nash

8470041.jpg

Under 20 years of age, and leading the NHL in goals. He's a franchise player and will be one of the best power forwards in the league. With surprising speed and a great shot, Nash was to good to pass up.

I seriously considered taking him with my first pick. Great pick, good guy to build around.

RangerFan13 is on the clock.

You guys want to speed things up? How about after the first round we have the draft going on a 12-hr time limit? I don't think it's fair to change it until the end of the first round when everyone got 24 hrs to make their pick. Otherwise some people will get more time than others. But if you guys don't care, then we can change it up. That's fine by me. I'm always open to suggestions...

Larcifer

Sep 15, 2002
Visit site
Taking offers for the #24 pick

Hey looking for offers for the #24 overall pick if you want to move to #24 GIVE ME a PM.

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
Great picks, guys. :bow:

As of now, everyone will get twelve hours to make their picks. If you have any objections, PM me. I'll make the appropriate changes.

The Produce Man

Master of Puppets
Feb 24, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
With the 14 overall pick (From St. Louis) The Anaheim Mighty Ducks are proud to select LW Markus Naslund

8458530.jpg

Very surprised he wasn't taken in the top 10. Naslund's contract is moderatley large, but is worth every penny in my opinion. Markus has one of the deadlist and most accurate wrist shots in the game. He's always a threat when he's on the ice, and has also proved he has a defensive demention to his game. Markus Naslund is a great player, and I'm happy to build my team around him.

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
Captain Canuck 19 said:
With the 14 overall pick (From St. Louis) The Anaheim Mighty Ducks are proud to select LW Markus Naslund

8458530.jpg

Very surprised he wasn't taken in the top 10. Naslund's contract is moderatley large, but is worth every penny in my opinion. Markus has one of the deadlist and most accurate wrist shots in the game. He's always a threat when he's on the ice, and has also proved he has a defensive demention to his game. Markus Naslund is a great player, and I'm happy to build my team around him.

I KNEW you'd take him, I just knew it. I agree 14th overall is a little late, and I could've taken him with my top pick, but I thought Hossa was a better fit in terms of salary and defensive play. Plus he's younger, and their production is somewhat comparable.

Very nice pick.

Radulov for Czar*

The Nashville Predators select one of their own, Tomas Vokoun.

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
Jonesey said:
The Nashville Predators select one of their own, Tomas Vokoun.

Nice pick. Vokoun doesn't get a great deal of media attention because he plays in Nashville (not a team that gets a ton of attention NHL-wide), but is probably one of the best goalies in the league (in the top 10, IMO). His $1.2 mil contract this yr is very reasonable considering how good he is - in fact, he's probably one of the better bargains in the NHL.

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
I just remembered now that thecanucker sent me a list of whom he wanted me to pick for him... :p

The Los Angeles Kings are happy to select Vincent Lecavalier.

The New York Islanders are happy to select Patrick Marleau.

Jozeph_Balej is on the clock!

Olorin

Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
bandwagon said:
I just remembered now that thecanucker sent me a list of whom he wanted me to pick for him... :p

The Los Angeles Kings are happy to select Vincent Lecavalier.

The New York Islanders are happy to select Patrick Marleau.

Jozeph_Balej is on the clock!

I was hoping to pick up Marleau in the second. I believe he's finally becoming a legitimate first line center.

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
RangerFan13 said:
I was hoping to pick up Marleau in the second. I believe he's finally becoming a legitimate first line center.

He's definitely a legitimate first line center.

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
Jozeph_Balej said:
Dallas Stars select league pts leader Martin St.Louis

Very nice pick. St. Louis is fast becoming one of the best scorers in the league and at a bargain basement price. Great guy to build around.

bandwagon

Jan 18, 2004
Man did he ever slip far, maybe because of his salary. :dunno: Sweet pick, though. Definite steal at 19th overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad