TV: Band of Brothers

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Every time I rewatch, I both look forward to and dread "Why We Fight". The scene where they make Liebgott tell the prisoners that they have to go back into the camp breaks my heart every time I see it.

I always think of the scene in The Pacific where Sledge’s mom is encouraging him to get on with life, etc… and she is trying to help but doesn’t understand the scope of what he’s dealing with.

They didn’t really know about PTSD back then, and long term studies done on WW2 vets eventually lead to the term by 1980.

So it’s upsetting to think about how many men and women of the Greatest Generation went untreated and suffered.

Most upsetting scene for me in both series… thinking about my grandfathers going through the same thing.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Just started the Audio book version by Ambrose. Interesting how the story is told through the guys and the letters they sent home. Sobel is an even bigger asshole in the book!:laugh:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I always think of the scene in The Pacific where Sledge’s mom is encouraging him to get on with life, etc… and she is trying to help but doesn’t understand the scope of what he’s dealing with.

They didn’t really know about PTSD back then, and long term studies done on WW2 vets eventually lead to the term by 1980.

So it’s upsetting to think about how many men and women of the Greatest Generation went untreated and suffered.

Most upsetting scene for me in both series… thinking about my grandfathers going through the same thing.

They knew about PTSD as early as WW1. They called it shellshock.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
For those who have prime. I suggest a documentary called A Company of Heroes. It corrects some confusion about the mini series and a few good stories that did not fit with the series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad