Ballparks you have been to (current and present)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Cool pictures Brodeur, thanks for sharing those.

LOL, Crystal Pepsi. :laugh:

13935039_10104108274910974_3576387398180357861_n.jpg

Probably my favorite receipt of the trip. Drinking Crystal Pepsi inside Maple Leaf Gardens. Felt like 1993. I was half-expecting to see Gretzky high stick Gilmour and get away with it.

After this trip, I'm up to 20* of the current parks. Although I'll probably have to re-do St. Louis.

Remaining:

Houston-Texas: Aiming to do a Texas BBQ crawl next year with Austin in the mix.

Tampa-Florida-Atlanta: Probably could group these three together, plus Atlanta is opening a new park next year.

Minnesota-Milwaukee-Cleveland: I did want to cram these three on this trip, but had a hard time making the flights work.

Colorado: Should be an easy one to knock off, just haven't had an excuse to go to Denver yet.

Cincinnati: Might be the toughest one for me to find a secondary reason to go. Maybe could tack it on with TBR/MIA/ATL.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Amongst the parks I've been to this is how I'd rank them:

1. AT&T Park
2. Wrigley Field
3. PETCO Park
4. Dodger Stadium
5. Fenway Park
6. Busch Stadium
7. PNC Park
8. Angel Stadium
9. Target Field
10. Candlestick Park
11. Old Yankee Stadium
12. Miller Park
13. Comerica Park
14. Nationals Park
15. Oakland Coliseum
16. Sunlife Stadium (Marlins old ballpark)

I've also been to Camden Yards and Progressive Field however I was too young to really be able to judge those parks. From everything I've heard and remember though Camden Yards is a fantastic park.

Last edited:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I have been to
Fenway
Yankee
Shea
Citi
CBP
Petco(or whatever it was called in 98)

the only rain delay I have ever sat thru at a major league game is in San Diego of all places. it was a 2 hour delay.

EDIT: cannot believe I forgot about going to Olympic Stadium in Montreal way back in 88(might be off a year or so) and Rogers Centre back in 92. not sure why I just remembered this now, but yeah. total brainlock haha.
damn old age.

Last edited:

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
oh I know, I hope you guys get it. just out of all the MLB and minor league parks I have been to it has only rained in San Diego.

That is crazy that you're only rain delay game occurred in the city that gets the most sunshine in the mainland US.

My only rain delay was a game in Washington back in 2011. Left the game after 2 1/2 hours, but finally after 5 hours the game resumed and Adam Dunn hit a walk off grand slam for the Nats.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Going to LA for a week from the 17-23 of august. Dodgers ar out of town but will be in anaheim for a few days. Do I go see Seattle or NYY? Probably can't do both with the fiancé there. Just want to see Trout live. Worth the price of admission. Maybe will look at probable matchups.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Going to LA for a week from the 17-23 of august. Dodgers ar out of town but will be in anaheim for a few days. Do I go see Seattle or NYY? Probably can't do both with the fiancé there. Just want to see Trout live. Worth the price of admission. Maybe will look at probable matchups.

Seattle.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yankees are a dead fish right now. Seattle would be more exciting. Plus, it could be a better game since they're playing for something and Anaheim is a division rival.

On the topic of rain delays, haven't been in one, but it did sprinkle/rain an entire A's game once. That was pretty different and fun.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Gonna likely be either next Thursday or Friday. Big series for Seattle so that could be good. Also being in Toronto I get way more opportunities to go and boo the Yankees already.

I'm a be biased but I just think the Mariners are more exciting at this point of the season. Who would you like to see on the Yankees over Cruz/Cano/Seager and maybe King Felix?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Gonna likely be either next Thursday or Friday. Big series for Seattle so that could be good. Also being in Toronto I get way more opportunities to go and boo the Yankees already.

I'd probably go Seattle. Just in case you haven't looked at the potential pitching matchups:

8/17: (W) Miranda/Skaggs
8/18: (T) Paxton/Shoemaker
8/19: (F) Tanaka/Weaver
8/20: (S) tbd/Nolasco

Thursday game isn't a bad pitching matchup. Several months ago, I discovered that a Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles opened up near Honda Center / Angels Stadium. In case you or your fiance wanted to try out a touristy food joint.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
- Citizens Bank Park
- Fenway Park
- Citi Field
- Old Yankee Stadium
- New Yankee Stadium
- Angel Stadium
- Petco Park
- Camden Yards

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I've been slowly trying to figure out a trip to visit the remaining 10 parks on my list. While browsing through the Spring Training schedules, I saw that Montreal is hosting a pair of games in late March. My buddy has been wanting to do a Montreal trip to check out the city and watch a Canadiens game. Hypothetically there'd be a Canadiens/Panthers game in town that Thursday followed by the Pirates/Jays on Friday/Saturday.

Tony Gwynn hit his 3,000th hit in Olympic Stadium, so the baseball nerd in me could say I saw a game where that happened.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Fenway, the Vet, citizens bank park, old Yankee stadium, Camden. Haven't really had a chance to see anywhere else.

Fenway is my favorite due to nostalgia, Camden yards is a great park as well. Old Yankee Stadium was a **** hole, as was the vet. Citizens bank park is nice, but something just feels boring about it.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Add Sloan Park to the list of parks I've visited.

Good call - with the season over, anybody else want to supplement their lists? My loan supplement below in bold

Current parks

MLB
Nationals Park (Washington Nationals)
Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Baltimore Orioles)
PNC Park (Pittsburgh Pirates)
Safeco Field (Seattle Mariners)
Turner Field (Atlanta Braves)

MiLB
BB&T Ballpark (Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Knights)
BB&T Ballpark (Winston-Salem, NC - Winston-Salem Dash)
Burlington Athletic Stadium (Burlington, NC - Burlington Royals)
City Stadium (Lynchburg, VA - Lynchburg Hillcats)
CMC-Northeast Stadium (Kannapolis, NC - Kannapolis Intimidators)
Dan Daniel Memorial Park (Danville, VA - Danville Braves)
Durham Bulls Athletic Park (Durham, NC - Durham Bulls)
Five County Stadium (Zebulon, NC - Carolina Mudcats)
Fluor Field (Greenville, SC - Greenville Drive)
Joseph P. Riley Ballpark (Charleston, SC - Charleston RiverDogs)
Lake Olmstead Stadium (Augusta, GA - Augusta GreenJackets)
L.P. Frans Stadium (Hickory, NC - Hickory Crawdads)
McCormick Field (Asheville, NC - Asheville Tourists)
Prince George's Stadium (Bowie, MD - Bowie Baysox)
Spirit Communications Park (Columbia, SC - Columbia Fireflies)
TicketReturn.com Field (Myrtle Beach, SC - Myrtle Beach Pelicans)
Yadkin Bank Park (Greensboro, NC - Greensboro Grasshoppers)

NCAA
Boshamer Stadium (Chapel Hill, NC - North Carolina Tar Heels)
Doak Field (Raleigh, NC - North Carolina State Wolfpack)
Durham Bulls Athletic Park (Durham, NC - Duke Blue Devils)

Closed/retired parks

MiLB
Capital City Stadium (Columbia, SC - Columbia Mets/Capital City Bombers/Columbia Blowfish)
Durham Athletic Park (Durham, NC - Durham Bulls)
Ernie Shore Field (Winston-Salem, NC - Winston-Salem Warthogs/Winston-Salem Dash)
Grainger Stadium (Kinston, NC - Kinston Indians)
Grayson Stadium (Savannah, GA - Savannah Sand Gnats)
Knights Stadium (Fort Mill, SC - Charlotte Knights)
Municipal Stadium (Greenville, SC - Greenville Bombers)

I'll hold off until next year to move Grainger back into the active parks list when the Wood Ducks take the field. Also my wife and I and a couple we're friends with are planning a weeklong trip for next year that would get us to the entire Appy League West (DeVault Stadium in Bristol; Joe O'Brien Field in Elizabethton, Pioneer Park in Greeneville, TVA Credit Union Ballpark in Johnston City, and Hunter Wright Stadium in Kingsport). Also planning possible trips to The Diamond (Richmond, VA) and Harbor Park (Norfolk, VA).

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Added Arlington (didn't get punched in the face) and Citi this year

Current
Rogers Centre
US Cellular Field
Wrigley Field
Progressive Field
PNC Park
Nationals Park
Camden Yards
Citizens Bank Park
Fenway Park
Great American Ballpark
Comerica Park
Ballpark at Arlington
Citi Field

Old
Olympic Stadium
Old Yankee Stadium

Jays are in Milwaukee next year so might try to crank that out (maybe the Hawks will still be in the playoffs too), should probably do NYS at some point as well. Once that's done I've pretty much knocked off all of the northeast and northern mid-west.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad