Ballparks you have been to (current and present)

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
I'm okay with 30 stadiums in my lifetime.

Of course, that's much more realistic both time and money wise, but for some reason 30 stadiums in 30 days really appeals to me.

30 in 30 would be fun to brag about, but like you said, you're going to need money and time off work. I'm gonna cram in 7 in 11 days on my next trip and that feels like I'm rushing it.

If you don't have any kids, it's not that much money. I've calculated the cost to be around 10000-15000$ depending on which tickets you buy and which hotels you stay in. I also calculated that number with plane tickets factored in, so that's at least an extra 2000-3000$.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I can't ever see myself doing 30 in 30. My dream retirement trip would be to travel across the country, potentially aiming for all 30 ballparks...but I'd be doing it more over the course of months rather than a month.

It looks like I could be adding O.co Coliseum in the next couple weeks. My dad dropped a California road trip on me out of the blue (he still lives in Pittsburgh), but the Giants will be in Oakland when we're in the Bay Area. Damn. At least one of the teams will be home...the last time I went on a big trip basically everyone wound up being on a road trip when I happened to be in town (Seattle, ChiSox (went to Wrigley for a game), Pittsburgh, & both New York teams).

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
If you don't have any kids, it's not that much money. I've calculated the cost to be around 10000-15000$ depending on which tickets you buy and which hotels you stay in. I also calculated that number with plane tickets factored in, so that's at least an extra 2000-3000$.

10-15k is a lot of money for me. Conscience still is making me feel guilty about allocating 2k for my upcoming trip. As much as I enjoy my whirlwind trips, I'm usually about ready to tap out after two weeks.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Speaking of whirlwind trips, there's a decent one in case anybody wants to do a week long California trip towards the end of July.

7/24: (Sunday) Rays@A's
7/25: (Monday) Reds@Giants
7/26: (Tuesday) Reds@Giants; Rays@Dodgers
7/27: (Wednesday) Reds@Giants; Rays@Dodgers
7/28: (Thursday) Nationals@Giants; Diamondbacks@Dodgers; Red Sox@Angels; Reds@Padres
7/29: (Friday) Nationals@Giants; Diamondbacks@Dodgers; Red Sox@Angels; Reds@Padres
7/30: (Saturday) Nationals@Giants; Diamondbacks@Dodgers; Red Sox@Angels; Reds@Padres
7/31: (Sunday) Nationals@Giants; Diamondbacks@Dodgers; Red Sox@Angels; Reds@Padres

You could start in the Bay Area and work your way south and see all five parks pretty comfortably within a week.

If it were me:

7/24: (Sunday) Rays@A's
7/25: (Monday) be a tourist
7/26: (Tuesday) Reds@Giants (day game and AT&T is gorgeous during the day time, take a night time flight out to LA/Anaheim)
7/27: (Wednesday) be a tourist
7/28: (Thursday) Diamondbacks@Dodgers
7/29: (Friday) be a tourist (Disneyland?)
7/30: (Saturday) Red Sox@Angels
7/31: (Sunday) Reds@Padres

Maybe reverse SD/LAA in case post-game drinking is part of the consideration. More stuff to do around Petco than Angel Stadium.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Both Yankee Stadiums, Citi/Shea multiple times for the Mets and one trip to Wrigley when I was visiting a friend in Chicago. My most memorable moment in each stadium:

Old Yankee Stadium: My first game there in '05 where Pedro got the win and the Mets held on late despite Braden Looper starting a dumpster fire in the ninth nearly blowing a 6-2 lead. Think I was only there twice...the other game the Mets trailed 11-6 and rallied off Rivera in the ninth to make it 11-8 and load the bases before Beltran swings at the first pitch and pops up capping an 0-5 day for him :P

New Yankee Stadium: The Luis Castillo dropped pop-up game <shudder> (and that was the first sports event I'd been to since the haunting Game 7 loss to the Hurricanes several weeks before that)

Shea Stadium: Mets clinch the NL East in '06

Citi Field: The tears of joy Flores extra-inning walkoff against the Nats post-trade deadline last year

Wrigley Field: Carlos Zambrano jacking a three-run HR. It was a Cubs-Cardinals game that the Cubs won like 7-3. I think Pujols did have a HR too.

I've only been to a couple of minor league stadiums - whatever the stadium in Brooklyn's called now for the Mets' single A team and I went to Augusta to see a minor league game when the Cardinals had their single A team there.

So nobody has done the 30 stadiums in 30 days trip? I've always wanted to accomplish that, I just don't have the time to do it. Everyone I know who has done it is either retired or owns their own company.

Fenway and Dodger Stadium I really want to go to...pretty much everything else I can take or leave.

Last edited:

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
o.Co Coliseum is ****ing disgusting.

Good game, though.

The sightlines are good though, just pretend Mt Davis doesn't exist too. The 3rd deck, behind home plate is underrated IMO, plus they add on food/drink vouchers to your ticket. It's an MLB game, at AAA prices.

but yes, the rest of the stadium feels run down and bland. And if you took the BART, nothing quite beats that walk across the bridge.

In contrast, go over to ATT Park, and feel the gouging, but the views/food are better, just don't go up to the upper deck, steep and a mile from the field.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Skydome/Rogers Centre about 75 times, just a hunch.

Old Yankee Stadium, you know that feeling when you walk down Main Street at Disneyland? Imagine that but in baseball terms.

Fenway Park
Wrigley Field
Tiger Stadium
Municipal Stadium (Cleveland)
Commerica Park (Detroit)
Veterans Stadium
Riverfront Stadium
Great American Ball Park
Cellular Field

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Trying to get to Busch the week of the 18th. My brother goes to SIU Carbondale, a little under 2 hours away, and we need to get down there to move him out of his old place and into the new one.

Was supposed to see it last November, had tickets to the USMNT World Cup Qualifier, but unfortunately couldn't make it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad