Speculation: Ball Arena

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
How good is the arena that the Gulls play in? This potential one could be the next good home for them if it ever comes to fruition.
Pechanga Arena is a craphole. It's the worst venue in the National Lacrosse League and that league includes teams in Halifax, Hamilton, Duluth, Saskatoon, Rochester, and Fort Worth.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
There used to be long toughs filled with ice in the men's restrooms at Memorial Stadium at Nebraska, back in the 80s. You'd walk up and piss on the ice. I remember going in there as a kid, and it was a game vs Oklahoma. Cold as f***. Sleetting. Wind blowing about 30 mph out of the north. This dude wearing coveralls walks in, and he is hammerd. He unzips his coveralls and starts saying, "Here dicky dicky. Here dicky," and most everyone in the restroom was laughing, including my Dad.

It's been renovated several times over since then, and now there's talk of tearing down the south end of the stadium and completely redoing it with large concourses and a restaurant/bar where you can sit/stand and watch the game from your table. Early rumors suggest anywhere from $500M - $700M reno cost, which blows my mind.
Lol! Why would there be ice to piss on? What's the point?

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
My memory of the Earnest Byner fumble at the 1 yard line was that I was like 9 years old, couldn’t hold it, and was pissing at one of those troughs in the old Mile High

Reactions: niwotsblessing

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
So they want me to walk further to go to a game. Losing interest in attending games

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
They had the water turned off becaue it was too cold. Didn't want frozen pipes. So they fill the troughs with ice. You pee on the ice, it melts, and essentially "fulshes" the piss.
Wouldn't the piss just run through the pipes without the ice? I mean, piss does flush itself.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There used to be long toughs filled with ice in the men's restrooms at Memorial Stadium at Nebraska, back in the 80s. You'd walk up and piss on the ice. I remember going in there as a kid, and it was a game vs Oklahoma. Cold as f***. Sleetting. Wind blowing about 30 mph out of the north. This dude wearing coveralls walks in, and he is hammerd. He unzips his coveralls and starts saying, "Here dicky dicky. Here dicky," and most everyone in the restroom was laughing, including my Dad.

It's been renovated several times over since then, and now there's talk of tearing down the south end of the stadium and completely redoing it with large concourses and a restaurant/bar where you can sit/stand and watch the game from your table. Early rumors suggest anywhere from $500M - $700M reno cost, which blows my mind.
Yeah thankfully that's not a thing anymore, but there are still some parts of Memorial that look like giant rat mazes. At some point they're gonna have to do something pretty drastic or just tear the whole damned thing down and start over (which likely ain't happenin').

Overall though it's a nice place to go watch a volleyball match.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Speaking of trough urinals, I remember when we went to go see Big Head Todd/Alanis Morrisette/Dave Matthews Band at the old Mile High Stadium, which still had the giant bathtub-shaped trough urinals. It was basically a huge vomit-fest in the stands because a bunch of dumbasses drank their asses off and then baked in the sun, one poor girl got absolutely covered Nickelodeon-style by some random idiot in the seat behind her.

Anyway, my friend and I went to go get shirts during Alanis's set because we had no intention of watching her, but we didn't put them on, just slung them over our shoulders. I get separated from my friend at the men's bathroom and met back at our seats. He hands me his concert tee and it's soaking wet. I'm like "Dude what happened?" He said "It fell in." I immediately throw it back at him and was all "What the f***, man!?!?" He said he rinsed it thoroughly in the sink but still...!

The show itself was...fine. Definitely the grossest concert I've ever been to, and I've seen shows at the Lion's Lair.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad