Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '23-'24 Thread

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Practice highlights give me Puljujarvi flashbacks haha.
Nothing will beat those muffins he was firing into the center of an empty net that his agent put out.

Like I don't care if it took 3 hours of work, but show a video of JP hitting the crossbar and going in. Not some sort of shot I expect a player to make when using the wrong handed stick

At least this looks quick and impressive. Although I said the samething when I saw videos of PK practicing in the summer that turned out to be his last season in the NHL lol

When Drai was feeding him passes and he was missing the net? lol.
Should've never had a guy like Drai passing to him in the first place. Needed a nice slow puck from someone like the janitor

• Haha
Reactions: belair and Cloned

Brandonmobile

Nov 29, 2023
Hey chucker and gretzky, what game are you watching, lane pederson is 3 out of 9 on faceoffs that’s not even 40 percent, he loses key faceoffs on the power play thats killing us, and chuker there’s 1 minute left in the 2 period we are down 4-2 and have an offensufe zone faceoff and need a goal and he puts on the 4 line. Yesterday same thing on the power play pederson loses the faceoff and they score on the penalty kill. So good job chuker keep on coaching like the genius you are. Beggining of the 3 pederson loses again the faceoff. Keep on the good work chucker

• Haha
Reactions: CycloneSweep

Brandonmobile

Nov 29, 2023
Hey chucker and gretzky, what game are you watching, lane pederson is 3 out of 9 on faceoffs that’s not even 40 percent, he loses key faceoffs on the power play thats killing us, and chuker there’s 1 minute left in the 2 period we are down 4-2 and have an offensufe zone faceoff and need a goal and he puts on the 4 line. Yesterday same thing on the power play pederson loses the faceoff and they score on the penalty kill. So good job chuker keep on coaching like the genius you are. Beggining of the 3 pederson loses again the faceoff. Keep on the good work chucker.

Loses his first 2 faceoffs in the 3 period. He’s now 3 for 11 on faceoff. Got kicked out of the faceoff tulio went in and won it. Who on the world keeps a player that’s 27% on the faceoff circle

Brandonmobile

Nov 29, 2023
Like yesterday this defeat is because of chuker fault so keep ip the great work not sending the right guys on the key moments

Brandonmobile

Nov 29, 2023
Its very easy, if chucker doest make mistakes I wouldn’t be writing but you know very well that I will be writing at least 20 post per game because that’s how many mistake he makes per game. Stop focusing on me and talk about the game please?

Brandonmobile

Nov 29, 2023
Once again pederson 1/4 on the faceoffs, -1 and on the ice for the penalty kill for the other goal, and can someone please tell me on our first power play unit we have denen on the ice instead of our first round pick broberg, is that how we develop our prospects? Keep up your excellent work on the devolepment of our propsecfs ?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Once again pederson 1/4 on the faceoffs, -1 and on the ice for the penalty kill for the other goal, and can someone please tell me on our first power play unit we have denen on the ice instead of our first round pick broberg, is that how we develop our prospects? Keep up your excellent work on the devolepment of our propsecfs ?
Nice to see Lavoie pot another one and at ES to boot. Rodrigue with his 2nd consecutive 4GA game. What are your thoughts on Rodrigue's NHL potential?

Brandonmobile

Nov 29, 2023
Rodrigue is very inconsistent, he can play great games but then come on empty like yesterday, but i dont think he will ever be in the nhl, pickard id actually great for the oilers up there. Tough one for bourgault yesterday got hurt, but the coach has to put his best players on the ice when it matters, too many times yesterday again he puts on malone line when they shoudnt be playing that much, and honestly I can’t be the only one realizing how poorly pederson is doing on the faceoff circle he finished around 2/8 on faceoffs yesterday and onxe agaij what are we doing with broberg if the kid isnt on our first power play unit over denen then something wrong

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
What point would there be putting Broberg on a PP that he will never see at the NHL level? Better to have his ice time as 5v5 and PK where he will actually see minutes if the makes the NHL.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
What point would there be putting Broberg on a PP that he will never see at the NHL level? Better to have his ice time as 5v5 and PK where he will actually see minutes if the makes the NHL.
Kind of a ridiculous post. First, he's been a core guy on a top 5 AHL PP so the results are there. Development is not stifling players into little boxes but giving the leash to let their play dictate the upside. Working PP minutes instills confidence but importantly is another critical development scenario which helps foster decision making, judgement, puck movement. It add more utility and flexibility within a prospect's tool box but also for an organization. It's part of the puzzle of giving this player 20-25 toi in all situations to now finally properly develop a high pedigree draft pick.

Here's a reasoned approach and philosophy that goes into developing organizational prospects: Friday Feature: Broberg Restoring Confidence With Condors

"Condors Head Coach Colin Chaulk said he and his staff will do all they can to further Broberg's development.

"He's got to refresh himself to get efficient on playing 20-plus minutes a night, which he's not used to doing in quite some time," Chaulk said. "He knows that, the organization knows that. It’s our job down here to get him back up and running."

Putting Broberg on the ice in all situations is part of that development but Chaulk said he wants that time to be meaningful.

"You want those to be efficient minutes, good minutes, valuable minutes," Chaulk said. "We understand you're not ever going to have a perfect 60 minutes in a team game or an individual match. (But) try to get that as close as you can."

In other words, be consistently good.

"We want him to play and be a factor out there," Gretzky said. "One thing he has is a great attitude. He just wants to play. He played 24 minutes Tuesday. He's going to get his ice time but he also has to take advantage of that. There's a difference of saying I played 24 minutes and saying I played 24 minutes and had a really good game. That's what we want out of him every night."

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Kind of a ridiculous post. First, he's been a core guy on a top 5 AHL PP so the results are there. Development is not stifling players into little boxes but giving the leash to let their play dictate the upside. Working PP minutes instills confidence but importantly is another critical development scenario which helps foster decision making, judgement, puck movement. It add more utility and flexibility within a prospect's tool box but also for an organization. It's part of the puzzle of giving this player 20-25 toi in all situations to now finally properly develop a high pedigree draft pick.

Here's a reasoned approach and philosophy that goes into developing organizational prospects: Friday Feature: Broberg Restoring Confidence With Condors

"Condors Head Coach Colin Chaulk said he and his staff will do all they can to further Broberg's development.

"He's got to refresh himself to get efficient on playing 20-plus minutes a night, which he's not used to doing in quite some time," Chaulk said. "He knows that, the organization knows that. It’s our job down here to get him back up and running."

Putting Broberg on the ice in all situations is part of that development but Chaulk said he wants that time to be meaningful.

"You want those to be efficient minutes, good minutes, valuable minutes," Chaulk said. "We understand you're not ever going to have a perfect 60 minutes in a team game or an individual match. (But) try to get that as close as you can."

In other words, be consistently good.

"We want him to play and be a factor out there," Gretzky said. "One thing he has is a great attitude. He just wants to play. He played 24 minutes Tuesday. He's going to get his ice time but he also has to take advantage of that. There's a difference of saying I played 24 minutes and saying I played 24 minutes and had a really good game. That's what we want out of him every night."
Okay then why is that same coach giving someone else the PP time?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad