Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Farm anyone on the taxi squad (PRussell, Nygard, Lennstrom, Wells) in 2 weeks and call up the Condors Line. In 5 weeks we play a couple games against the Senators (and a couple against the Canucks). If they keep it up for 2 weeks let's see how they do. :naughty::sarcasm:

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Benson, another one from Marody and McLeod

Skinner let in an against the grain shot from Turcotte that trickled in after he got a bunch of it with his glove.

3-1 Condors.

After their abysmal start to the season, starting to think the Condors may be in the midst of their own playoff berth hunt and give us another option for Holloway. He'd probably find himself lined up with Seth Griffith and another vet.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Gonna be an awesome situation for guys like Tulio, Lavoie, and maybe Holloway to step into if they keep rolling like this. Too bad about Samorukov as I think they really could have used him this year as a late season add.

Reactions: oilers'72

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
He has yet to finish an AHL season with ppg let alone ppg +. He needs to keep working on his skating and goalscoring and FORCE the team to call him up or at least have him in their plans for next season. This season is harder than most because of the covid quarantine, but if he can get to 1.5 ppg he should definitely warrant a shot.
Agreed. I've been watching the AHL games. He and Mcleod both started off slow. But, they've been playing much better now

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Agreed. I've been watching the AHL games. He and Mcleod both started off slow. But, they've been playing much better now

2 goals so far tonight, Benson and Marody have to be getting the big clubs attention if they keep playing like this.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Is there a reason why we won't call 1 or 2 guys up this year? Probably as good and better than what we have on the Taxi squad/bottom 6

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
First time watching Bakersfield this season and the Benson-McLeod-Marody line was toying with the opposition tonight, dominant. McLeod just scored, he has 2 points now. Benson and Marody killing it too.
I see McLeod as a surefire NHLer in some capacity. Out of all the guys down there, he has the most NHL level skills.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Is there a reason why we won't call 1 or 2 guys up this year? Probably as good and better than what we have on the Taxi squad/bottom 6
14 day quarantine.

I haven't really been paying attention to the NHL divisions this year, but I just realized the Flames somehow got their Stockton, California based team into the Canadian division. Why exactly weren't we able to do this with the Condors so we could actually call players up without the 14 day quarantine?

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Are the Reign a tire fire or are we this good?

A bit of both.

Condors have solid goaltending now (that hideous giveaway at 10:20 of the 1st would be a 100% goal against earlier in the year) and the Reign forward are young and physically immature so it's easy to muscle the puck away from them and hem them in their zone. Last season, Reign goaltending (Cal Petersen) kept them in games when they should have been blownout. He's with the Kings this season and doing well. This year... crap Reign goaltending with the same bad D (Kings can't see to draft any good D).

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Anyone have a Lennstrom scouting report from his time with the Condors? Wondering if he'll get to play any games with the Oilers since he's up now.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
I've seen Safin in three games (first periods only). If he was 19 or 20 years old I would be raving about him. He's a hulking winger that's raw but skilled. Sadly at his age, I expect him to be further along. He does look like a young Jesse in the AHL.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
He has yet to finish an AHL season with ppg let alone ppg +. He needs to keep working on his skating and goalscoring and FORCE the team to call him up or at least have him in their plans for next season. This season is harder than most because of the covid quarantine, but if he can get to 1.5 ppg he should definitely warrant a shot.

A bit pedantic is say 66 points in 68 games isn't PPG.

Also 1.5ppg? who was the last AHL'er to average that? Outside of a few outliers like Reid Boucher or Daniel Carr, 1.15/1.2 is the max you see in the AHL.

Gone are the days of guys like Giroux and others braking the century mark, the AHL has developed in a far more low scoring league.

Yamamoto's point totals from last season are an example of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad