Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
14 day quarantine.

I haven't really been paying attention to the NHL divisions this year, but I just realized the Flames somehow got their Stockton, California based team into the Canadian division. Why exactly weren't we able to do this with the Condors so we could actually call players up without the 14 day quarantine?
That shouldn't matter to me. It's not like some trade where we lose a good player for 14 days lol. Makes zero sense.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Anyone have a Lennstrom scouting report from his time with the Condors? Wondering if he'll get to play any games with the Oilers since he's up now.

He's a two-way D who likes to shoot. Probably a Caleb Jones replacement. Better than Matt Benning (who looked slow in his AHL stint last season). Not concerned about his size/skating but uncertain if he can handle an NHL forecheck. If Lagesson was healthy, I'd play him over Lennstrom.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
A bit pedantic is say 66 points in 68 games isn't PPG.

Also 1.5ppg? who was the last AHL'er to average that? Outside of a few outliers like Reid Boucher or Daniel Carr, 1.15/1.2 is the max you see in the AHL.

Gone are the days of guys like Giroux and others braking the century mark, the AHL has developed in a far more low scoring league.

Yamamoto's point totals from last season are an example of this.

Close to PPG but certainly not PPG+ like the poster that I quoted said. Playing on a line as skilled as he is right now, why couldn't he have a solid string of games to get him to that mark? If he wants a top 6 spot he needs to get close to there especially with Marody playing as well as he has. As a matter of fact he currently sits 1 point less than 1.5 ppg and Marody is 2 points off. Benson is on a 6 game point streak (4-7-11) and has multi-point games in 3 of his last 4 games. Marody is also on a 6 game point streak and has 7 goals and 4 assists in that time. Both are just kicking ass at the moment and are just shy of the 2ppg mark during the last 6 games.

Reactions: Giggleplex

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
He's a two-way D who likes to shoot. Probably a Caleb Jones replacement. Better than Matt Benning (who looked slow in his AHL stint last season). Not concerned about his size/skating but uncertain if he can handle an NHL forecheck. If Lagesson was healthy, I'd play him over Lennstrom.
Is he better than Jones at the moment?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Bar down baby.

McLeod is superior to many guys in the bottom 6. Specifically Turris and Shore, hopefully he gets a look at some point.
He's a guy I think could be a really good 3C for us in the coming years. I hope some of his perimeter play, and lack of engagement has improved because he has the size and speed to be a perfect 2-way 3C with enough skill to chip in some offence.

The thing that really pisses me off with the 14 day quarantine is you have these guys ripping it up, sky high confidence, and if you want to bring them up they have to sit in a hotel room for 14 days. What a buzz kill to guys who are starting to really feel it.

Reactions: oilers'72

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He's a guy I think could be a really good 3C for us in the coming years. I hope some of his perimeter play, and lack of engagement has improved because he has the size and speed to be a perfect 2-way 3C with enough skill to chip in some offence.

The thing that really pisses me off with the 14 day quarantine is you have these guys ripping it up, sky high confidence, and if you want to bring them up they have to sit in a hotel room for 14 days. What a buzz kill to guys who are starting to really feel it.

I wish we would have got the Condors playing in Alberta like the Flames did for the Heat, that was actually pretty good foresight on their part to do that.

I agree, the 14 day quarantine for any player coming up from the farm is a buzz kill.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
That shouldn't matter to me. It's not like some trade where we lose a good player for 14 days lol. Makes zero sense.
I mean it does in a sense that these guys just started heating up, and having them bounce between not playing and spending 14 days in a hotel room is not good for development at all. The best way to kill their momentum is make them quarantine for 14 days off the ice before slotting them in. Its pretty shitty circumstances.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I wish we would have got the Condors playing in Alberta like the Flames did for the Heat, that was actually pretty good foresight on their part to do that.

I agree, the 14 day quarantine for any player coming up from the farm is a buzz kill.
Im genuinely curious if they had the option. The rink they're playing on doesn't look any better than the Community rink at Rogers place lol.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Is he better than Jones at the moment?

I've seen four version of Jones.. There's brainfart AHL Jones who would just rover around, making bad pinches, lose coverage, make bad outlet passes that get intercepted then there's top-pair solid AHL Jones that appeared last AHL season. There's NHL Jones who can make an outlet pass and plays safe/steady D then there's NHL Jones who decides to pinch at the worst times and makes horrible outlet passes.

Lennstrom seems more consistent that Jones. Is he better? Meh. Uncertain. I've always liked Lagesson over Jones though - of course he's old though.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I really wonder if the Oilers are looking to protect Benson in the expansion draft? He's come on a bit lately and has proven in past seasons that he can contribute at the AHL level but what about the NHL? I don't know how you further evaluate him if he's simply going to stay in Bakersfield until the expansion draft. I think Seattle will have at least some interest in him.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
14 day quarantine.

I haven't really been paying attention to the NHL divisions this year, but I just realized the Flames somehow got their Stockton, California based team into the Canadian division. Why exactly weren't we able to do this with the Condors so we could actually call players up without the 14 day quarantine?

Yeah this has bothered me too. How can the Flames, Heat and Hitmen play out of the Saddledome but we can't have the Oilers, Condors and Oil Kings in Rogers? Hell what's going on at Northlands nowadays?

Reactions: McFlyingV

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Yeah this has bothered me too. How can the Flames, Heat and Hitmen play out of the Saddledome but we can't have the Oilers, Condors and Oil Kings in Rogers? Hell what's going on at Northlands nowadays?

The Hitmen are playing out of the Seven Chiefs Sportsplex & Jim Starlight Centre down in SW Calgary on the Tsuu T'ina Reserve.

Reactions: bellagiobob

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
I think it had to do with a junior team not being allowed to use the same rink as an NHL team due to NHL Covid protocols.

I believe that is the case. Still too bad they couldn't find a way to make it work

Pretty sure they took the ice plant out of northlands.

I figured. I went to the Davis Cup there a few years ago and then haven't heard anything since.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Nice. I doubt he'll get much playing time but him getting an AHL tryout as a 5th rounder in his D1 season after playing well in a Euro pro league is already a win for him.

Oh I dunno, the forward corps is thin, I think he'll get play. They ran 7 D last game and the personnel in the bottom-6 the likes of Hamblin, Brosseau and Stukel don't have inside tracks within the organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad