Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21 | GO CRAZY CONDORSTOWN! Perched Atop The Pacific!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Confidence is a big thing. I think Skinner is having the same boost as Starrett had a few years back.

He's spent the first month of the season practicing with NHL shooters, a clear step up from the usual AHL talent.

Exact same thing happened with Starrett after he travelled with the team to Europe back in 2018.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

North

Jun 25, 2009
Confidence is a big thing. I think Skinner is having the same boost as Starrett had a few years back.

He's spent the first month of the season practicing with NHL shooters, a clear step up from the usual AHL talent.

Exact same thing happened with Starrett after he travelled with the team to Europe back in 2018.

I think winning that first NHL game helped too. Yeah it wasn’t a masterpiece. He was clearly nervous to start, but after the first period I think he settled down a bit.

Someone mentioned in the last two periods he had something like a .917 save percentage.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Any word on Tullio and if he's going to get any minutes in Bakersfield?
The tweet a while back said he was assigned to Bakersfield but he's not signed to a pro contract as far as I know so how is this going to work?

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Any word on Tullio and if he's going to get any minutes in Bakersfield?
The tweet a while back said he was assigned to Bakersfield but he's not signed to a pro contract as far as I know so how is this going to work?

Scott Wheeler had a great article today about Tulio's journey all the way from minor hockey to Slovakia. In it he said that Tulio had a stay in Arizona before flying to Bakersfield on March 3rd. So i'd expect to start seeing him practice pretty soon at least.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Well, looks like the offensive side of things has leveled off after an improbably inept start to the year. Suddenly you have several players that look like they're putting up good years.

Benson 9 points 7 games
Marody 6 goals 9 games
McLeod 6 points 9 games

Last edited:

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
And honestly, how does the AHL have a website that updates it's stats 100 times faster than the NHL.

I love how as soon as a player put up a point in a game, its updated right away on his player page and other places. None of this 4-5 hours later stuff like the NHL

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Well, looks like the offensive side of things has leveled off after an improbably inept start to the year. Suddenly you have several players that look like they're putting up good years.

Benson 9 points 7 games
Marody 6 goals 7 games
McLeod 6 points 9 games

Yeah a big game will do that to some stats. Too bad that Skinner got beat 3 times in the 3rd, but he still came out of the game with a 0.912sv% and sports a 0.927sv% on the season so far.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
How can Benson make a mark in the NHL when he doesn't get an opportunity? He's been over a ppg for almost 2.5 seasons but he's only been allowed to play 7 games

He has yet to finish an AHL season with ppg let alone ppg +. He needs to keep working on his skating and goalscoring and FORCE the team to call him up or at least have him in their plans for next season. This season is harder than most because of the covid quarantine, but if he can get to 1.5 ppg he should definitely warrant a shot.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad