Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '21-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yikes. I thought we'd see an improved Maksimov after his return and with a weak forward group down there... not sure what happened? He wants KHL money?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
He just never seemed to put it together.

I had hopes for him too. He seemed to have a heavy shot and a little bit of nasty in him.
Exactly. Maybe he is another Yak
He lit it up in junior.
Any reports on Saifin? I still have hopes for him

North

Jun 25, 2009
Exactly. Maybe he is another Yak
He lit it up in junior.
Any reports on Saifin? I still have hopes for him

Could be Maksimov is one of those guys who goes back to the KHL and tries to get his game back on track and maybe try to come back to the NHL a few years down the line.

Haven’t heard much about Safin recently but they just started their regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilers in NS

North

Jun 25, 2009
I thought that Kesselring was a better prospect than these two but I don't follow it as closely as some guys on the thread.

Kesselring is a lot more raw than the other two.

Kemp is a defensive d man who shows pretty well in that regard.

Niemelainen has been a surprise. He seems pretty solid defensively and a lot more physical than I thought.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Kemp was very good in preseason. I see him as a Larsson type player who can play #5-6
He reminds me of a right handed Lagesson. If he can be physical, and start hitting a bit more I think he will be that guy.

Niemelainen is interesting. I think to me he is that Lander/Marincin/Benson/Marody type where I think he will be an excellent AHL/KHL guy but something will hold him back from the NHL. He definitely has the ability to prove me wrong

it’s nice though between Broberg, Samorukov, Niemelainen, Berglund, Kemp and Kesselring I think we have at bare minimum 2, #6 defenders there.

Last edited:
Reactions: McTonyBrar

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He reminds me of a right handed Lagesson. If he can be physical, and start hitting a bit more I think he will be that guy.

Niemelainen is interesting. I think to me he is that Larsson/Marincin/Benson/Marody type where I think he will be an excellent AHL/KHL guy but something will hold him back from the NHL. He definitely has the ability to prove me wrong

it’s nice though between Broberg, Samorukov, Niemelainen, Berglund, Kemp and Kesselring I think we have at bare minimum 2, #6 defenders there.
Adam Larsson, Phillip Larsen? Anton Lander?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I thought that Kesselring was a better prospect than these two but I don't follow it as closely as some guys on the thread.

IMO Kesselring has a higher upside as a two way player than these guys do. That said I could see Kemp developing into a solid 3rd pairing defensive defenseman.

Reactions: oilers'72

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
Next 3 games for the condors…hoping we see Konovalov get a start or two.
B81F896B-B150-452E-8F55-3A48F38500CB.jpeg

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: