Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
This looks and feels like one of those “oh god we pulled it off” wins before the streak ends soon after.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Starrett just made an enormous save on a 2 on 1, lost a skate blade afterwards and the refs didn't blow it down until the Condors iced it. Crazy turn of events.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
14 in a row!!!!

This game was "different" than the others I've seen but they pulled through somehow. Yamamoto with great work in the last minute, the kid had quite a game which was great to see.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
14 in a row!!!!

This game was "different" than the others I've seen but they pulled through somehow. Yamamoto with great work in the last minute, the kid had quite a game which was great to see.
Bad game and they play Ontario again to bounce back and make it 15 tomorrow.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
How did Jones look? I see he was credit with 2 assists and a +1 rating. Good?

What about Yamamoto? Sekera?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
How did Jones look? I see he was credit with 2 assists and a +1 rating. Good?

What about Yamamoto? Sekera?

Jones was up and down, made some real nice offensive zone reads but looked really fatigued in the 3rd and got turnstiled a few times. Same with Sekera pretty much but the key with Sekera is his movement which looks close to NHL ready.

Yamamoto was the best player on the ice, he was buzzing all over the ice and made a great hustle play to negate an icing in the last 15 seconds and pin the puck along the boards for about 5 seconds. He also knocked down an Ontario player in a dangerous spot in the offensive zone in the last minute. Best game I've seen him play as a pro.
Benson was also very good, he's just good at everything. The prototypical swiss army knife type player.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Jones was up and down, made some real nice offensive zone reads but looked really fatigued in the 3rd and got turnstiled a few times. Same with Sekera pretty much but the key with Sekera is his movement which looks close to NHL ready.

Yamamoto was the best player on the ice, he was buzzing all over the ice and made a great hustle play to negate an icing in the last 15 seconds and pin the puck along the boards for about 5 seconds. He also knocked down an Ontario player in a dangerous spot in the offensive zone in the last minute. Best game I've seen him play as a pro.
Benson was also very good, he's just good at everything. The prototypical swiss army knife type player.
I've been saying this since he was drafted, Benson will be the perfect winger for McDavid and a goal scorer.

He plays an amazingly smart game, always in the right spot, plays a 200 foot game and is very responsible.

He is one of those guys who can easily play with skill but has enough skill himself to make it better. Put him with McDavid and a Draisaitl or other goal scorer and you have a legit top line as early as next year.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Bit of a scare at the end but hopefully it will be a learning experience for the kids.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

Sounds like Yamamoto might be finding his game at the pro level. Now hopefully we keep him down in the AHL for at least 1 more season (I think he needs 2 seasons down there personally)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Sounds like Yamamoto might be finding his game at the pro level. Now hopefully we keep him down in the AHL for at least 1 more season (I think he needs 2 seasons down there personally)
I think one more full season will be what he needs.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I like to see this. What do we have with Benson? Top 6? They say his vision is unreal
With the right linemates absolutely.

Benson has great vision but needs to play with skill to flourish. He would work fine anywhere in the lineup due to his vision.

If our plan is Nuge as the 2c, Benson would be great with McDavid and Draisaitl

Reactions: Llamamoto
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad