Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season III | Bird Fight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
For some reason all the condors team interviews are on the Oilers youtube page. I do like the Steelcroft, after all those years of giving him the heat for McLellan's micromanaging. Guy seems like a good dude and can definitely see the players liking playing for him.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I don't think either of Currie or Gambardella's skating is going to be good enough to get them regular NHL employment. At the AHL level, it is more than adequate. I like all kinds of other stuff about their games, but skating is usually the killer.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I don't think either of Currie or Gambardella's skating is going to be good enough to get them regular NHL employment. At the AHL level, it is more than adequate. I like all kinds of other stuff about their games, but skating is usually the killer.

I think they can both become adequate 4th line forwards. I legit wouldn't be upset if our 4th line was Gambardella/Cave/Currie next season. Probably a bit too inexperienced, but I liked Cave & Currie together, and Gambardella's game is built for the bottom 6.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
I think they can both become adequate 4th line forwards. I legit wouldn't be upset if our 4th line was Gambardella/Cave/Currie next season. Probably a bit too inexperienced, but I liked Cave & Currie together, and Gambardella's game is built for the bottom 6.

I'm alright with that as a 4th line if we actually have 3 solid lines. The Cap hit of those three players should help us in finding better offensive depth players in lines 1 to 3.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
With Holland as GM I think that Lagesson or Jones are the two most likely to make the team out of camp, probably one of them. They both have the most developed overall game and can hold their own defensively. Bouchard is an option for sure, but I have a feeling Holland is gonna want to at least give him a good half season in the minors, and given that Samorukov seems like a good fit with Bouchard I definitely wouldn't mind seeing those two grow as a pairing.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
With Holland as GM I think that Lagesson or Jones are the two most likely to make the team out of camp, probably one of them. They both have the most developed overall game and can hold their own defensively. Bouchard is an option for sure, but I have a feeling Holland is gonna want to at least give him a good half season in the minors, and given that Samorukov seems like a good fit with Bouchard I definitely wouldn't mind seeing those two grow as a pairing.

Graduating Lagesson and Jones together as a pairing could really help their games at the NHL level. I haven't seen enough of Lagesson to get a feel as to whether he's ready or not, but I like Jones' game and they are good as a pairing.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Graduating Lagesson and Jones together as a pairing could really help their games at the NHL level. I haven't seen enough of Lagesson to get a feel as to whether he's ready or not, but I like Jones' game and they are good as a pairing.

Jones is a lefty though, they might want to maximize him in the NHL. Having said that, Detroit was insanely good with like 1 right-handed dman, so...

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011

Interesting write up. I think we can infer that Keith Gretzky will be part of the team moving forward (unless he chooses not to). I think Nicholson has pushed pretty hard to keep him. I dont mind it when we are at least given reasons, like he has good work ethic, good eye for talent etc.

Seems like Holland is more focused on the defense than the offense. Our defensive prospects are better than our offensive prospects, so its not surprising.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Jones is a lefty though, they might want to maximize him in the NHL. Having said that, Detroit was insanely good with like 1 right-handed dman, so...

I feel like Jones has spent a significant amount of time on the right side the last couple seasons. Holland doesn’t seem to care much about lefty/righty. His Wings spent an entire season with an all-lefty defence group.

Reactions: Burnt Biscuits

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
I feel like Jones has spent a significant amount of time on the right side the last couple seasons. Holland doesn’t seem to care much about lefty/righty. His Wings spent an entire season with an all-lefty defence group.

Ya, as I said, Detroit had one of the best defences in the league, and Rafalski was their only RHD. I don't suspect Holland will care so much, but a coach (especially if they're in the Babcock school) will probably care more. But as Babcock says "you get what you get": Red Wings' Mike Babcock values righty-lefty balance on defense, but says 'we'll get what we get' - mlive.com

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Ya, as I said, Detroit had one of the best defences in the league, and Rafalski was their only RHD. I don't suspect Holland will care so much, but a coach (especially if they're in the Babcock school) will probably care more. But as Babcock says "you get what you get": Red Wings' Mike Babcock values righty-lefty balance on defense, but says 'we'll get what we get' - mlive.com
It also helps that Yzerman and Shanahan were both righty..

Oops you weren't going as far as the late 90s.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Both are ready. This playoff run is helping them both gain more experience and go up another level

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Bear will need another season to make up for his injury-riddled one here, but I think he'll be able to claim a semi-regular spot on the big team by 2020-2021.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Starrett handling the puck like a hand grenade out there, is that normal for him? Jones has stood out in a good way so far as has Bouchard.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
PM me if you don't have a way to watch.
Sx8i4uo.jpg

What else are you bootlegging?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Wow what a pass by Logan Day, from the faceoff dot in his own end finds Benson on the far blueline to send him in on a breakaway. Glass just got enough of it to keep it out.

Reactions: Soli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad