Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '18-19 Season II "Oh Yes They Call Him the Streak"

Status
Not open for further replies.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Tonight's game is going to be a tough one, I think the thing Colorado takes out of the game is that they generated better scoring chances overall than the Condors, and just got beat by a hot goalie. I think they'll take confidence from that.

I found there were some very, very enlightening comments made after the game:

After the interviewer asked a question about veteran forwards, Woodcroft shifted the answer towards the d-corps:

"I thought our D corps on a whole was excellent tonight, you look at the three goals we scored the first one came from a point shot deflection, the second one came off an entry where two d-men were up in the rush, the third one came off just a fantastic o-zone shift, and a very instinctual Logan Day found some open ice, and he made it count".

On Caleb Jones and William Lagesson:

"What I like about them is they have poise, they don't panic. We want our players to feel it, we don't want them squeezing their stick. If there's a play to be made, we want them to make it."

Logan Day on how the team plays:

Coaches taught us from game one we have one way to play. It doesn't matter if we're down, up. He wants us playing consistent. Like he says all the time, it gives us a chance to win. So if we're down or tied, we just stick with everything, and it usually works out in our favour."

I think these are things fans like to hear, but for some reason, we always think coaches are teaching players the exact opposite. We always complain about coaches stifling players creativity, or trying to get players to play differently in different situations (turtling). It's important to note that Woodcroft comes from the Babcock school, along with Todd McLellan, and all of them preach a lot of the same things.

Sometimes it's not the coach's fault.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'm not sure if we'd even have room for him with Day earning himself a contract + Bouchard coming into the fold.

Bear likely graduates or gets traded soon and Mantha adds size and strength that we don't have in any of our RHD prospects. That said Mantha is in tough with the health issues that he has.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Watching my first AHL playoff game. Not a bad stream. Condors being outplayed tonight thought. Too many bad clears - much like the parent team :(

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Woof. Condors looking lackadaisical on the PP. Logan Day lost his stick and just casually stood around after picking it up, and at the exact same time, Marody threw a horrid pass creating a breakaway. Starrett had to bail him out.

Now Marody takes a horrible offensive zone penalty.

Welcome to the playoffs, rookie.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Bako catches another break, as another awful turnover on their own PP leads to Agozzino putting it off the crossbar.

Eagles just working harder.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
The downside to having so many young players leading the team. Professional playoff hockey is a completely different beast to anything they've played before. Junior playoffs would be the closest thing, but this is way bigger, harder and more tightly fought.

I'm sure they'll get through it, but they'll be a learning curve.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
The good news is they're only down 2, with lots of time left. Starrett has made his usual 3-4 stellar stops, he's been excellent again.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Yikes, the Colorado Eagles are really diving around. Pretty disappointing to see a team with a reputation of being a hard, grinding team flop around like they are.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yikes, the Colorado Eagles are really diving around. Pretty disappointing to see a team with a reputation of being a hard, grinding team flop around like they are.
That Agozzino fool got a hattrick and he flops around like no tomorrow

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Need Yamamoto back and put in Bouchard for Stanton

No way. Stanton was one of the better guys tonight.

The veterans aren't the guys who aren't bringing it. Marody, Day, Benson, Bear, these guys weren't prepared for the push back.

Stanton took a late penalty. I don't want Bouchard in that position. Stanton can shake that off, Bouchard will carry it with him.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Both were road games and first pro playoff games for like...the entire team.

They got the next 3 at home, the home crowd will help em out.

We've got a number of guys on the team with some NHL games under their belts. This Colorado team isn't going to go away easy. I'm not throwing in the towel by any stretch but they need to be better than they have been for sure.

WIOiler

Apr 19, 2017
Jones to Lagesson for a beauty goal. 2-1 Condors.

I think is we move a couple D from the Oilers, this should be our third line next year. Chemistry is really good between them. And they are both pretty good both ways.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I think is we move a couple D from the Oilers, this should be our third line next year. Chemistry is really good between them. And they are both pretty good both ways.

Is Lagesson's skating NHL caliber? We likely will have to shed some cap from our defense to open up cap for our forwards so this maybe something that the team considers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad