Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Last night, the offence really didn't look any different from previous games, fairly good. The defence seemed totally caught off guard by the speed of the Gulls forwards, and they got exposed very often.

Pulju and Yamo both created, but they don't have the directness in their games that you need to have to make the kind of impact they're supposed to be making, the kind of impact Marody was having. They both made great passes, and used the space given to them, but they didn't push to win that extra bit of space or time, didn't make themselves threatening enough. Benson same thing really. Gotta hope they can learn that.

All in all a very, very weird game, didn't feel like it should have been 4-0. Hope they can rebound tonight.

Also, San Diego Gulls fans are really weird.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Last night, the offence really didn't look any different from previous games, fairly good. The defence seemed totally caught off guard by the speed of the Gulls forwards, and they got exposed very often.

Pulju and Yamo both created, but they don't have the directness in their games that you need to have to make the kind of impact they're supposed to be making, the kind of impact Marody was having. They both made great passes, and used the space given to them, but they didn't push to win that extra bit of space or time, didn't make themselves threatening enough. Benson same thing really. Gotta hope they can learn that.

All in all a very, very weird game, didn't feel like it should have been 4-0. Hope they can rebound tonight.

Also, San Diego Gulls fans are really weird.

Not sure this board can handle another replacement :eek:

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Really impressed with Woodcroft. He reminds me of Nelson in a way, seems like he’s really with the guys, really supportive and it seems like he’s doing a good job building everyone’s confidence.

I know I’m beating a dead horse here but I’m suddenly starting to wonder if his special teams systems were even being implemented in Edmonton since it seems like very little has changed in that regard.

I went from being a little annoyed that he was sent to Bakersfield instead of being fired, to thinking I wouldn’t mind him being interim HC if Todd got fired.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Really impressed with Woodcroft. He reminds me of Nelson in a way, seems like he’s really with the guys, really supportive and it seems like he’s doing a good job building everyone’s confidence.

I know I’m beating a dead horse here but I’m suddenly starting to wonder if his special teams systems were even being implemented in Edmonton since it seems like very little has changed in that regard.

I went from being a little annoyed that he was sent to Bakersfield instead of being fired, to thinking I wouldn’t mind him being interim HC if Todd got fired.
Dave Manson is apparently doing a very good job down there with the defenders too.

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Great third period by the Condors, and a good rebound game.

Jones just looks really in control of the game and has great puck poise at the AHL level. Great skater. With confidence he's like a Ryan Ellis out there. But without confidence, he's like Kris Russell. Which isn't horrible, but would be disappointing for a guy this good.

Pulju got first star, but I thought the difference in that line from last night was Benson. Seemed like it clicked and he was bringing more intensity than last game. Won the battles and made the play to free Puljujarvi for his goal.

Starrett is a legit goalie prospect. I think they should find a new home for Montoya, both Skinner and Starrett are good enough for the AHL.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
I hope JP gets at least 10 games down there to build confidence, solidify his game, and it doesn't hurt that he can build chemistry with Benson. Benson looks like he'll have a real shot at the NHL roster next season, maybe sooner.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I hope JP gets at least 10 games down there to build confidence, solidify his game, and it doesn't hurt that he can build chemistry with Benson. Benson looks like he'll have a real shot at the NHL roster next season, maybe sooner.
He doesn't need to come back up at this point until Mclellan is canned. JP lit up the preseason came into the regular season with confidence and it didn't matter any mistake he made resulted in an immediate demotion theres no point to build him up again just to have the idiot behind the bench inch by inch game by game chip away at that confidence.

torniojaws

Jan 10, 2017
Finland
Yup. I would rather have JP in Bakersfield for the rest of the season. He is not ready for McLOL yet. It's better to let him sharpen up with long minutes and ready to go next season without Todd. He is not going to make or break the Oilers this season, so no need to force him.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
If Benson-x-Pulju develops some serious chemistry. I would just call those 2 up altogether, either late in the season or next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad