Prospect Info: Bakersfield Condors '17-18 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
All the goalies have been. Skinner has been a massive disappointment, even in the ECHL

Skinner wasn't great in the AHL but his stats are okay in the ECHL. Did you mean Wells? He's been awful in both the AHL and ECHL.

For a guy that we were hoping would stabilize the goaltending in Bakersfield, Montoya has been dreadful.

Reactions: Senor Catface

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Skinner wasn't great in the AHL but his stats are okay in the ECHL. Did you mean Wells? He's been awful in both the AHL and ECHL.

For a guy that we were hoping would stabilize the goaltending in Bakersfield, Montoya has been dreadful.

Yeah, Skinner has been fine. Unremarkable, but fine.

Wells is in the Bunz school of goaltending as of now.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
At some point you have to consider firing your goalie coach when every goalie who has spent more than a quarter of a season with the organization is terrible.
Not the first time this has been brought up.

I wonder if Wells and Skinner have their own coaches?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Montoya with the start. Interesting that the big club hosts the Kings tonight while the Condors host the King's farm team this morning. Hopefully we can make it a clean sweep.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Lagesson with a scrap and an additional 2 for roughing. Currie with 7 shots on goal with the 2nd period almost over, 2-1 for the bad guys.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
The Condors lose 3-2, that's their 3rd loss in 4 games and all 3 losses on home ice. Once again another game where they outshoot the opposition but have the 2nd best goalie in the game.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that Yamamoto hasn't been better. In his first 6 games so far in the minors he only has 1 goal, and that was an empty netter. I would've thought being in a slower skating league with inferior goaltending he would've thrived, but I guess he's still adjusting.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The Condors lose 3-2, that's their 3rd loss in 4 games and all 3 losses on home ice. Once again another game where they outshoot the opposition but have the 2nd best goalie in the game.

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised that Yamamoto hasn't been better. In his first 6 games so far in the minors he only has 1 goal, and that was an empty netter. I would've thought being in a slower skating league with inferior goaltending he would've thrived, but I guess he's still adjusting.
You'd think after seeing JP get the call that he'd step it up and try get his name into the mix with the new coach. As is stands his offense is like 6th or 7th among forwards. Not exactly a guy who is even on the clubs radar with that kind of production.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

I heard that he has been dogging it a bit or at least he seemed to be after Jesse got called up. I would consider including him in a trade if we have the right type of player coming back. At his size you have to battle super hard, skate like the wind or be a water bug out there that can change directions at the drop of a hat.

North

Jun 25, 2009
You'd think after seeing JP get the call that he'd step it up and try get his name into the mix with the new coach. As is stands his offense is like 6th or 7th among forwards. Not exactly a guy who is even on the clubs radar with that kind of production.

I've been looking for the guy who told the team they'd regret not picking him in his interview at the combine.

To be honest, I haven't even seen a glimpse of that guy. Yamamoto needs to play with that kind of drive all the time and he just doesn't seem to.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
The AHL is less talented and slower, but it's not smaller.

Yamamoto needs a season, maybe two, down there because he needs to adjust to playing against guys much larger than himself. On his own team there's at least 8 guys that are 200 pounds.

Learning how to beat guys in the corners, learning how to push off guys bigger than yourself to get open space are things you can learn as a smaller guy and I think he can do that. But it'll take time. From the game I saw him in, I don't think he was lazy.

We're looking at 6 games in the minors.

Reactions: MessierII and North

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I heard that he has been dogging it a bit or at least he seemed to be after Jesse got called up. I would consider including him in a trade if we have the right type of player coming back. At his size you have to battle super hard, skate like the wind or be a water bug out there that can change directions at the drop of a hat.

I would be as well. How about Talbot , Yama, and a pick for a better dman OR/ a winger/center who can score 10-15. Where? Not sure. I guess that’s why I work at the Power Plant.
I’m liking what a Puju brings. I recently seen 3 games out there . Watched warmups from the glass and he has a wicked shot. If he learns to get it off quicker, we will have a great line with Puju-Nuge-CaggiulA. I’m a fan of Caggiula . He ain’t scared to go to the dirty areas. The Identity line is playing good in my opinion. Goals will come. If we could get something on 4th, hello playoffs

North

Jun 25, 2009
Marody from Benson and Yamamoto and Russell from Malone and Gambardella so far in the game against the Moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad