Staples Twitter: Bailey, Lee, Johnston, Bellows, Pelech, Greene, Chara, Cizikas in COVID Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Both tests can be collected by using either a saliva sample or nasal swab. All of the PCR tests I've done have been saliva samples. I do rapid (antigen) tests at home and those are nasal swabs.

PCR test results come back in 24-48 hours. Rapid antigen tests 15 minutes. Easy peasy.

Rapid tests are easy yes.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
For those who were very concerned I was tested for COVID, PCR test, and tested negative.

I know with the roster issues they might need an emergency backup and want to let you know, and any staff reading, I am ready.
Just wear your gear to the game. Although that's going to make it much more difficult for you to piss on the NYR fans in the stands....

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Just wear your gear to the game. Although that's going to make it much more difficult for you to piss on the NYR fans in the stands....

:laugh:

The amount of times I'm about to leave the locker room, and for some reason it's at that moment I realize I should piss. It's absurd. No easy way with goalie gear to do it.

This is a special situation though, I might make some modification to my gear.

Reactions: doublechili

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I am surprised nobody has tested negative yet. Having followed outbreaks on many teams now in all leagues it’s fairly rare to have 3-4 guys be testing positive for over a week

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Are you as good as that zamboni driver?

I'd probably say no, only because I feel like he played at least at a collegiate level from what I remember and worked with the pros/minors. My trajectory was never beyond pick-up/beer league. I play in the second highest level in beer league (that sounds so sad), but I can't imagine I'd fair half as well as he did in a pro game. Even the next level up from mine, with mostly former college or juniors guys, the talent is a huge jump.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
as much as I want to watch an isles vs rags game, I really don't want to watch this one with most of our regulars out.

I'm going to save myself the agita

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not surprised Dobson was out last night, his leg was in a awkward position the other night. Hopefully it is not serious. Too much of that going around this year. Looking for some good news on Noah, if he can be back for The Pens game. This is a positive.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Both tests can be collected by using either a saliva sample or nasal swab. All of the PCR tests I've done have been saliva samples. I do rapid (antigen) tests at home and those are nasal swabs.

PCR test results come back in 24-48 hours. Rapid antigen tests 15 minutes. Easy peasy.
Korea only does one test. If you don't show a negative from having your brain tickled, it's not a good enough test. Those others you are talking about drop down to 80% effectiveness. So when folks are talking about testing, they are talking about the one that actually does the job the best. There is nothing easy about that one.

Smash255

Oct 22, 2003
Farmingdale
none.com
Do we know when everyone can return?

I know it is at least 10 days if a player is showing symptoms such as with Bailey, but do we know the timeline if someone was asymptomatic? Do we know if Lee, Pelech, and the others had symptoms or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad