Pre-Game Talk: Bahstun Clam Chowdah, whah cahn't Ah spahk prahpahly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
This is why the NHL all star weekend sucks, these guys just want a extended vacation lol

Also, there's a good chance Boston was probably colder than Edmonton this February.View attachment 665693
Marchand has a point.
If I was an NHL player what would the incentive be to show up?
The game and activities are a farce. So at least you get to soak up the sun and relax a little.
The reality is that (unless you're a kid) for the most part the All Star weekend is a complete waste of time.
The players know that.

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Marchand has a point.
The game and activities are a farce. So at least you get to soak up the sun and relax a little.
The reality is that (unless you're a kid) for the most part the All Star weekend is a complete waste of time.
The players know that.

That's the problem with the NHL all star then. Might as well get rid of it and just give the players mid season vaca. In the NBA at least the players are proud they make the all stars and have the dunk competition that's watched at a global scale and propels a players brand.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That's the problem with the NHL all star then. Might as well get rid of it and just give the players mid season vaca. In the NBA at least the players are proud they make the all stars and have the dunk competition that's watched at a global scale and propels a players brand.
I agree.

If they want to do something for the kids (and to market the game) have an event just before the season starts.
Maybe an NHL carnival or something like that. Then you can have it virtually anywhere and the weather will be pretty good. The players will be rested and relaxed as opposed to the middle of the season when they are beaten up and in need of a rest.

Last edited:
Reactions: walktheboulavard

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I hope Boston makes it to Round 2 where they can take out the Leafs if the Leafs make it past Tampa, who are looking tired and the mileage might be starting to show.

Carolina will take care of Boston in Round 3.

If not we can have the honors in Round 4.
I am cheering for the same three things this post season as any other.
1) Oilers winning the cup
2) Toronto losing the 1st round, preferably after having been ahead in the series.
3) entertainment in other games.

I suspect I won't get the 2nd this year so we had better get the first

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Nah... you've got it all wrong. Toronto & Montreal, those drivers are all kinds of aggressive. Right up on your bumper, flashing lights to get you out of a lane, jamming on the brakes directly in front of you to "teach you a lesson" if you previously pulled in front of them with anything less than 14 car-lengths, all sorts of nonsense.

In Boston you just have to learn two things:

1) There is no space, and merging three inches in front of your bumper is considered plenty... just realize that if none of us tap our brakes, the flow will continue... don't get surprised, don't get angry... just roll with it baby.

2) I feel like in Canada there is only "angry WTF honk"... here there is an entire language. A quick double tap "you see me - baby, play it cool". Longer double tap "Watch it, here I come"... all the way to the long, blaring, triple honk, which usually means "are you frickin' kidding me, pay the F attention!".
Very well said....And yes this is right on the money....lol Lets hope for a great game tonight. PS ......Hopefully we keep King McDavid to a couple goals...lol Hoping for a Bruins / Oilers Stanley Cup Series. That would make my summer big time. Peace out from a diehard fan in Boston.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
I am cheering for the same three things this post season as any other.
1) Oilers winning the cup
2) Toronto losing the 1st round, preferably after having been ahead in the series.
3) entertainment in other games.

I suspect I won't get the 2nd this year so we had better get the first
4) Flames not making playoffs. Start cheering now 😀

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Marchand has a point.
The players know that.
if thats the case then they need to go next level. The ASG is supposed to be about exposure. About getting the NHL into different markets. The perennial thought of ASG or Probowl games would be that the massive assembly of Stars would elicit views to put the sport on a mantle. To wit at times historically the ASG got more prominent US coverage.

But to make it bigger do what the NHL has toyed with, go to Europe, do the world. Have the first international ASG in hgh profile London England. Have it at start of October rather than mid season. then the players and their wives get the perk of going on vacay. So that the best players in the league have a legit reason to miss the tedium of TC and get a boost instead. Theres no doubt that an international themed ASG would be more exciting for the players and the fans and also the hosts who get to see ALL the best NHL players and market that instead of say Detroit playing San Jose in an exhibition game.

This idea would appear to solve multiple problems and would be popular among the allstar players and their families and would be positively viewed by the NHLPA. Players would also get extra shares of the lucrative pot.

Reactions: Ibanez

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think they should still have the 1 week break at the end of January as vacation time for the players and move the ASG to the weekend before training camp opens. They do the all star game vote reveal at the NHL awards and use the game to promote the new season.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Its an acquired taste. You have to like the aftertaste of rotting rats among the hops. I've heard after the 24th beer it doesn't bother you.

Boston area has really big rats. Like bear rats. need a bat to chase them off.
They have been there since Boston Tea Party

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They have been there since Boston Tea Party
The rats, beers, or the Bahhssston accents? ;)

Great…looks like Kostin is getting healthy scratched again despite having 5 points in his last 5 games and is a plus 4.

jebus, if this is happening again give us an informational crumb of some sort other than us thinking coach has lost his way. Which I'm inclined to think. Not feeling great either about Woody going at length stating we'll worry about our game first and foremost and our execution. Seems like the team pays little notice of opponent allstars that happen to be on the ice and maybe giving them some inordinate attention and checking.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Great…looks like Kostin is getting healthy scratched again despite having 5 points in his last 5 games and is a plus 4.

Should definitely be in. Especially against Bruins
Kane McDavid Hyman
Nuge Drai
Janmark McLeod Shore
Kostin Bjugs Foegele
Ryan

Not sure what to say on Yama. Only logical spot is on 2nd line. Gotta be addressed in off-season. If rumours were true, Meier would have been nice there

Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce