Post-Game Talk: Bah Humbug - Jets lose 4-1

Hhane Snidy

Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's here, it's what you've all been waiting for, it's the 2016 Winnipeg Jets liquidation sale!

We've got short defensemen (Enstrom)! We've got tall defensemen (Myers)! Yes, we've even got jumbo luxury defensemen (Buff)! Not in your price range? Don't worry! Take a look through our discount defenseman rack, buy one get one free!

Fancy looking Russians, shaky backup goalies, we've even got captains, yes you heard right, slightly used captains just as good as new!

No reasonable offer refused! Holiday budget crunch, no worries, we will retain salary! Prices so low, you'll think our management was completely incompetent!

It's the 2016 Winnipeg Jets liquidation sale, we simply cannot let this inventory sit around, call now!

:laugh:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Seriously, this team needs to get bad for a little while. I have zero confidence that they can go from where they are to contention without being really, really bad for a few seasons. Just my opinion.

Reluctantly have come to agree with this way of thinking this team needs a reboot and the shedding of a few players

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It's here, it's what you've all been waiting for, it's the 2016 Winnipeg Jets liquidation sale!

We've got short defensemen (Enstrom)! We've got tall defensemen (Myers)! Yes, we've even got jumbo luxury defensemen (Buff)! Not in your price range? Don't worry! Take a look through our discount defenseman rack, buy one get one free!

Fancy looking Russians, shaky backup goalies, we've even got captains, yes you heard right, slightly used captains just as good as new!

No reasonable offer refused! Holiday budget crunch, no worries, we will retain salary! Prices so low, you'll think our management was completely incompetent!

It's the 2016 Winnipeg Jets liquidation sale, we simply cannot let this inventory sit around, call now!

:laugh: :cry:

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Well they gave Armia some more time, and here's some of his work. Eye of the beholder.... for what you get/see.
L2xQ3f2.gif
G40fRMw.gif

Discuss

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Well they gave Armia some more time, and here's some of his work. Eye of the beholder.... for what you get/see.
L2xQ3f2.gif
G40fRMw.gif

Discuss
Unbelievable. Did you even notice that he was brought down. He didn't fall by itself, but got the stick under his skate. Of course that GIF is so fast that no one can see it. Nothing special on that other GIF either. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
people are funny.
Armia makes 1 very nice play.
Armia also has 2 plays where he falls like a dreidel.
so a 33% rate of non-wobblyness.

look, he's not crap. he's not James Wright. but he's not the Messiah on skates either.
it's like people think he's going to be the difference between us winning and losing most games.

can we talk more about the rise and fall of Hutchinson? i only watched the 2nd period. listened to the 1st on the radio. man oh man, did he ever look shaky. and while Scheifele was partially to blame on that 2nd goal by Johnny G, that was a pretty weak puck challenge/poke check from Hutch. still not sure how that puck went in.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
I think the turningpoint of this game was when Brodie in some miraclous way saved that Staffords shot. The puck was flying right on the goal line, and somehow he managed to save it with his stick in midair.

If that would have gone in, it would've been 2-2 and a whole new game.

Overall this was boring and frustrating game to watch.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
people are funny.

look, he's not crap. he's not James Wright. but he's not the Messiah on skates either.
it's like people think he's going to be the difference between us winning and losing most games.

can we talk more about the rise and fall of Hutchinson? i only watched the 2nd period. listened to the 1st on the radio. man oh man, did he ever look shaky. and while Scheifele was partially to blame on that 2nd goal by Johnny G, that was a pretty weak puck challenge/poke check from Hutch. still not sure how that puck went in.

Good post, a no hit wonder like Armia isn't going to make any team better.

Sad part of the Jets GUTLESS performance against the Flames was the Jets getting out-hit 24-12, 9 FRIGGIN JETS never had a hit. SO much for a big team huh Chevy!

A guy like Peluso would have brought more to the team than any of the floaters on the third line and with only Halischuk playing like he cared on the 4th line. Guys are setting a bad example for guys like Copp when no one on the Jets wants to play an even slightly physical game!:rant:

End of RANT

PS

Did the JETS have a coach behind the bench in yesterdays game, just wondering because it didn't seem like it!:shakehead

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
people are funny.

Dreidel's don't have feet that get taken out making them fall, so one fall like a dreidel and otherwise ok. Who called him a messiah anyway? I don't think most people believe he's the difference between winning and losing, mainly just represents an upgrade for Thor on the 3rd line.

The rise and fall of an ECHL castaway with half a good NHL season under his belt? Colour me shocked, talk about Messiah's.

The 3rd goal was one part Scheif, 1 part Hutch and 2 parts Buff, just terrible.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Three more to go this month. Plenty of chances for them to move to the next level of fail.

I expect them to be similar to the other recent games. It doesn't mean we'll win, just that we'll play better.

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
Good post, a no hit wonder like Armia isn't going to make any team better.

Sad part of the Jets GUTLESS performance against the Flames was the Jets getting out-hit 24-12, 9 FRIGGIN JETS never had a hit. SO much for a big team huh Chevy!

A guy like Peluso would have brought more to the team than any of the floaters on the third line and with only Halischuk playing like he cared on the 4th line. Guys are setting a bad example for guys like Copp when no one on the Jets wants to play an even slightly physical game!:rant:

End of RANT

PS

Did the JETS have a coach behind the bench in yesterdays game, just wondering because it didn't seem like it!:shakehead

Wait... do you actually think Peluso would have been the difference in that game? And on top of that you think he should be playing AHEAD of Ehlers, Burmi and Thorburn? I think we have bigger problems to worry about.

We are 5th worst in GA, we have the 2nd worst powerplay, we have the 4th worst penalty kill and people are complaining about 4th line players? If we look at the Jets, more depth would definitely help. However, who plays on the powerplay our top end guys, who plays on the penalty kill, Wheeler, Ladd, Stafford, mostly our top end guys, and as for GA, the 4th line rarely plays close to 10mins a night. So how can you blame the Jets current problem to 4th line players.

Whether it's coaching or the players, right now Wheeler and Schief have been our only good top 6 forwards, because Little's been up and down this season, Ladd's been just awful, Perrault is good but belongs a third line for a playoff team, as well as Stafford.

Edit: We are also 4th worst in faceoff %, another factor that I think gets overlooked.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Wait... do you actually think Peluso would have been the difference in that game? And on top of that you think he should be playing AHEAD of Ehlers, Burmi and Thorburn? I think we have bigger problems to worry about.

We are 5th worst in GA, we have the 2nd worst powerplay, we have the 4th worst penalty kill and people are complaining about 4th line players? If we look at the Jets, more depth would definitely help. However, who plays on the powerplay our top end guys, who plays on the penalty kill, Wheeler, Ladd, Stafford, mostly our top end guys, and as for GA, the 4th line rarely plays close to 10mins a night. So how can you blame the Jets current problem to 4th line players.

Whether it's coaching or the players, right now Wheeler and Schief have been our only good top 6 forwards, because Little's been up and down this season, Ladd's been just awful, Perrault is good but belongs a third line for a playoff team, as well as Stafford.

Edit: We are also 4th worst in faceoff %, another factor that I think gets overlooked.

Obviously Peluso slots in on the 4th, the games the Jets won with a physical style of play Peluso was in the lineup (seems lost on some people).

Jets got out-hit 2-1 by the Flames and only managed 12 hits. Last season when the Jets were winning low scoring games they consistently out-hit the opposition, I can recall games where the Jets had 30+ hits. Problem with the Jets right now its that they have no identity, there playing a game that there not suited to play, if Mo was any kind of coach he would recognize that.

It's all fine and dandy to have a Ehlers, Burmi, Armia line but only as long as they are contributing, right now there not!

Yesterday's game by the Jets was a gutless performance!

Kamo

Jul 10, 2011
Obviously Peluso slots in on the 4th, the games the Jets won with a physical style of play Peluso was in the lineup (seems lost on some people).

Jets got out-hit 2-1 by the Flames and only managed 12 hits. Last season when the Jets were winning low scoring games they consistently out-hit the opposition, I can recall games where the Jets had 30+ hits. Problem with the Jets right now its that they have no identity, there playing a game that there not suited to play, if Mo was any kind of coach he would recognize that.

It's all fine and dandy to have a Ehlers, Burmi, Armia line but only as long as they are contributing, right now there not!

What I'm trying to say is that looking at our team stats right now, 4th line hitting is the least of our worries.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

I recall games where the Jets had 30+ hits last year and were chasing the game like crazy but got bailed out by a hot goaltender.

The Jets performance last night wasn't gutless, far from it. They took more bad penalties, couldn't kill one, couldn't convert on the PP and were the shaft of a stick away from a 2-2 game in the 3rd.

Physical play or lack thereof was not the story of last night's game, from either team, execution was.....again

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
I guess I need to embrace the tank...:(

Tired of pinning my hopes on a team that lacks depth, leadership, skill, goaltending, coaching, and general management.

Screw it- nuke this team
:rant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad