Post-Game Talk: Bah Humbug - Jets lose 4-1

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Seriously, this team needs to get bad for a little while. I have zero confidence that they can go from where they are to contention without being really, really bad for a few seasons. Just my opinion.

White Out 403*

It's here, it's what you've all been waiting for, it's the 2016 Winnipeg Jets liquidation sale!

We've got short defensemen (Enstrom)! We've got tall defensemen (Myers)! Yes, we've even got jumbo luxury defensemen (Buff)! Not in your price range? Don't worry! Take a look through our discount defenseman rack, buy one get one free!

Fancy looking Russians, shaky backup goalies, we've even got captains, yes you heard right, slightly used captains just as good as new!

No reasonable offer refused! Holiday budget crunch, no worries, we will retain salary! Prices so low, you'll think our management was completely incompetent!

It's the 2016 Winnipeg Jets liquidation sale, we simply cannot let this inventory sit around, call now!

:laugh:

awesome. ill post my thoughts later but had to thank that post.

Derfel*

Seriously, this team needs to get bad for a little while. I have zero confidence that they can go from where they are to contention without being really, really bad for a few seasons. Just my opinion.

Well, we ARE winning the Cup in 2019, so... :sarcasm:

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
The NHL has given us surprises before - you just never know who will get hot and who will get cold in January/February. It's not likely, but the playoffs are still possible.

Hence why I say I "think" and not I "know". When I "know" something, I really do "know" it.

081c2ccb994cc524a99fe3a1a0f530d610d6c9150ec228fd2b81e8dfc506ff71.jpg

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Yes there is. Trade him while his value is high. As homers we always think our players are something special. I don't honk he has it in him to work as hard as he needs to. And he needs to learn discipline.

A 21 year d-man who is still learning the pro game is not the problem on this team, its the 30 year old vets that think they know it all and play when they feel like it.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Very well said. Screams coaching to me, his systems must be wrong for the players. Last year they played on emotions, this year even emotional efforts seem to fail.

There has been a real misuse of talent this season and that's on the coaching. D was misused from the start until Mo realized 30 games in that maybe he should play 4 D top minutes and have a bottom pairing, same thing with Perreault, Schief, Stafford. Line played really well last season so for some unknown reason Mo doesn't reunite them until 25 games in, Mo has a another brainwave and feels Lowry is now the number on centre and that works for 1 game and now #1 C Lowry is the #1 C on the Moose...

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
It's here, it's what you've all been waiting for, it's the 2016 Winnipeg Jets liquidation sale!

We've got short defensemen (Enstrom)! We've got tall defensemen (Myers)! Yes, we've even got jumbo luxury defensemen (Buff)! Not in your price range? Don't worry! Take a look through our discount defenseman rack, buy one get one free!

Fancy looking Russians, shaky backup goalies, we've even got captains, yes you heard right, slightly used captains just as good as new!

No reasonable offer refused! Holiday budget crunch, no worries, we will retain salary! Prices so low, you'll think our management was completely incompetent!

It's the 2016 Winnipeg Jets liquidation sale, we simply cannot let this inventory sit around, call now!

:thumbu:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Is this a Boxing Day sale? Any sub par coaches for sale?

Pure GOLD Hank, that was funny as hell!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::handclap:

winnipeg

Oct 9, 2015
Kelowna
Oh, also, was gifted a Ladd jersey a few years back, when what I really wanted was a white jersey without a name, and was really embarrassed wearing it tonight (first time this season putting on that rag). Trade the ******* already!
Edit: Or at least relegate this half-asser to the third line.

Last edited:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013

"So C'mooonnn down"
"Need directions?
Just look for us at the bottom of the standings. YOU'LL FIND US!!

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com

Brilliant. :laugh:

Friendly Blue Shakehead Christmas Reminder: Chevy negotiated his own contract extension two years into his five year deal but didn't think it was important to talk to Dustin Byfuglien or his agents between July and December on the last year of his deal. :shakehead

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Brilliant. :laugh:

Friendly Blue Shakehead Christmas Reminder: Chevy negotiated his own contract extension two years into his five year deal but didn't think it was important to talk to Dustin Byfuglien or his agents between July and December on the last year of his deal. :shakehead
Gotta have your priorities straight.

Maybe they can re-up him for another couple of years beyond what he still has.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
I bet on the Canucks to win.
Did you see that one Flame walk around Trouba. Something is not right.
Early on the Jets have a 2 on 1. Flame D falls down. Jet player tries to pass the puck. Hello! Shoot!
Wheeler did the right thing later on a 2 0n 1 when he shot the puck only he missed the net. The boards paid the price.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts....

LLW - Just not good enough for the top line on a contender. Wheeler plays hard and skates like the wind but lacks finish. Little is solid. Ladd was awful again. Just a passenger.

PSS - Thought they were okay. Scheifele stopped skating on Gaudreau's 2nd. They've been better than tonight.

TBE - Generally a decent game. Must be frustrating to always play in front of Stuart and Chiarot. Glad that Thorbs was finally demoted. Armia had another strong game. He better stay ahead of Thorbs.

ACH - Another fine game. They were good with Armia.

Trouba-Buff: Trouba had a rough game. Buff was okay, but not dynamic.

Enstrom-Myers: Best pairing. Enstrom really good. Myers was also good.

Stuart-Chiarot: Awful. Time to try Postma. Another clumsy penalty by Stuart. Not NHL quality.

Hutch- Looked shaky to me, as he has all year.

This team doesn't have a good enough core. My guess is that they'll sink out of contention and I hope Chevy has the confidence to break up the core. Even just trading Ladd might do it, though I'd love to see them move Stuart, too.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
It's pretty sad losing to two Pacific bottom dwellers. If they can't beat the bottom guys in the Pacific it's rather clear where they're headed...

Jets beat East, East beats Pacific, Pacific beats Jets. It's the circle of life my friend.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Thor was demoted but I thought the player who walked around 3 Flames and almost scored was Ehlers until I saw the replay and the number. I had no sound and a small screen.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

:laugh: :handclap: I needed that laugh after this game

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Well I am some kind of masochist so I keep watching these games with baited breath. This one put the nail in though, totally reminds me of that Oilers game 2 christmas' ago that basically got Noel fired.

If this season means the parting of ways with the Atlanta core then at least something good comes of it.

By the way, Hutchinson keeps looking terrible. Oh and Ladd also looks terrible still. Worst game I think I've seen from Scheifele. time for bed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad