Baertschi scratched again.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
And this ladies and gents is why overreacting to a Roger Millions tweet is a half baked idea. The guy is the furthest thing from an insider his sources are pretty much non-existent.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Atleast Steinberg didn't try and pretend to have the insider story, Millions literally said that Hartley was at his end with Sven.

"Literally" is, as usual, the wrong word here. He said it "seems" that was by what he was hearing from "insiders."

But that aside, have you looked at his furious backtracking on twitter? :laugh: He is basically saying that Hartley was intentionally playing games with the media.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
"Literally" is, as usual, the wrong word here. He said it "seems" that was by what he was hearing from "insiders."

But that aside, have you looked at his furious backtracking on twitter? :laugh: He is basically saying that Hartley was intentionally playing games with the media.

True he did say that he was hearing from insiders but he was still trying to make it look like he knew something was going on when it wasn't.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB

True, which allows Millions to claim plausible deniability when people call him out. He can go "I didn't say that it was a sure thing, it just seemed likely." His words didn't say Sven was a sure scratch because of Hartley, but the implication is that Sven was going to be a scratch because Hartley was apparently at wits end with him. He even threw other Sportsnet employees (eg: Steinberg) for a loop because of his stupid tweet.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
This seems to be the only tweet that Steinberg made that wasn't a response to others and their opinions on scratching Sven:

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 6h
Sounds like false alarm re: Baertschi. Looks like he'll play tonight. Jackman and Smith look to sit out. #Flames

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This seems to be the only tweet that Steinberg made that wasn't a response to others and their opinions on scratching Sven:

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 6h
Sounds like false alarm re: Baertschi. Looks like he'll play tonight. Jackman and Smith look to sit out. #Flames

Well, he had these two tweets, the first of which seems to indicate that he heard the same thing as Roger Millions from his own sources, and the second of which was a direct opinion from him:

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 9m
On Sven sitting, nothing official yet, but hearing the same as @RogMillions looks like he'll sit out tonight. #Flames

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 9m
At this point it's very clear he's playing from behind with this coach. Confusing for many on the outside, me included. #Flames

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Weird. I didn't see either of those tweets on his twitter I went to grab that one to share with AH. I was actually looking for those ones specifically, did he maybe delete them, or am I just blind?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Weird. I didn't see either of those tweets on his twitter I went to grab that one to share with AH. I was actually looking for those ones specifically, did he maybe delete them, or am I just blind?
I saw the one of Steinberg's but I misread it. But lie I said Steinberg is not much better than Millions. I think they both are very poor sources for anything. Then again the only member of the Calgary media I would listen to is Duha

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I grabbed these from my earlier post rather than his twitter feed, so they may be deleted.

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
I think we can all agree that was Baertschi's best outing of the young season? He looks strong on the puck, was making plays, creating chances, and if it weren't for those pesky ref's skate he may have set up more than just the one goal. I think he earned his spot, and gave the coach's a reason to keep him with Mono and Hudler today.

Also interesting side note, if you add Hudler's number and Monohan's number you get Baertschi's. It's meant to be!

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
And this ladies and gents is why overreacting to a Roger Millions tweet is a half baked idea. The guy is the furthest thing from an insider his sources are pretty much non-existent.

?????

I know that Roger Millions doesn't seem to be well respected on this board but a guy who travels with the team and regularly talks to the players/coaches/management is about the closest thing there is to being an insider, not the furthest.

Just my own speculation (not claiming to be an insider) but did anyone else think it was kind of wierd that Burke, Feaster and Wiesbrod were at the game? Baertschi was going to be a healthy scratch. He practiced in the fifth line. Then when the big shots showed up he was playing. Seems to me like Hartley was over ruled.

I have a feeling that whatever is going on between Hartley and Baertschi is personal and it will not end well for Bob Hartley.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Just my own speculation (not claiming to be an insider) but did anyone else think it was kind of wierd that Burke, Feaster and Wiesbrod were at the game? Baertschi was going to be a healthy scratch. He practiced in the fifth line. Then when the big shots showed up he was playing. Seems to me like Hartley was over ruled.

I have a feeling that whatever is going on between Hartley and Baertschi is personal and it will not end well for Bob Hartley.

Didn't even think of that until you mentioned it. Part of me feels a bit tinfoil hat, but part of me agrees with you. Whether it's a personal thing between Bart & Hartley or whether it's something bigger going down, it would be interesting to be a fly on the wall during that decision process.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
?????

I know that Roger Millions doesn't seem to be well respected on this board but a guy who travels with the team and regularly talks to the players/coaches/management is about the closest thing there is to being an insider, not the furthest.

Sven practiced with his line but also let Jackman take a few line rushes. Hartley has done this since he got here, he makes sure that everyone is in the practice and working hard. Why was Sven choosen I don't know but to think this is a strange occurrence is wrong.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
?????

Maybe it's just me, but I seem to see a camera shot of Feaster and Weisbrod during pretty much every game, so I'm not sure why people keep pointing this out as if it's news. I would expect Burke to attend most games as well given his position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad