Baertschi scratched again.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I thought he did as much as Backlund did when he was on the 4th line and the entire board had a freeBacklund midnight vigil to get him off the 4th line. I think you guys are expecting way to much form 6 minutes of hockey.

At least Colborne got some PP time...

...on which he took a penalty...;)

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I thought he did as much as Backlund did when he was on the 4th line and the entire board had a freeBacklund midnight vigil to get him off the 4th line. I think you guys are expecting way to much form 6 minutes of hockey.

He was playing poorly even when, especially when, he was getting 16+ minutes a night. This has nothing to do with him struggling on the 4th line; he simply isn't a good player.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
At least Colborne got some PP time...

...on which he took a penalty...;)

Yea that was bad and pretty much ended his night.

I think you're unwilling to admit when Joe has a bad game. Why do you keep bringing up Backlund?

No if you go back through the GDTs you will see several times where I have said Colborne had a bad game, last night however he did exactly as much as I would expect anyone to do with his linemates and ice time.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Yea that was bad and pretty much ended his night.

No if you go back through the GDTs you will see several times where I have said Colborne had a bad game, last night however he did exactly as much as I would expect anyone to do with his linemates and ice time.

If you expected him to do nothing at all, then congrats I guess.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Anyway, honestly, this whole situation is more than a little bizarre. Baertschi goes from 18 and a half and 17 minutes in the previous two games to being a healthy scratch? His ice time was steadily increasing since his last benching too. Seems a bit drastic; no on ice message or warning, just straight to the press box.

Seems like Hartley just isn't a fan. And when Hartley doesn't personally like a player - Cervenka, B.Jones, Ramo, Baertschi, Backlund - woe is them.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
If you expected him to do nothing at all, then congrats I guess.

No expect him to play the body get the puck deep and above all else don't make a mistake that gets the 4th line stuck in our end that leads to a goal. Outside of a bad penalty he did his role on the 4th line line.

Its not his fault you guys want him to do something that no one has really been able to do on the 4th line this year and that is generate offense.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Anyway, honestly, this whole situation is more than a little bizarre. Baertschi goes from 18 and a half and 17 minutes in the previous two games to being a healthy scratch? His ice time was steadily increasing since his last benching too. Seems a bit drastic; no on ice message or warning, just straight to the press box.

Seems like Hartley just isn't a fan. And when Hartley doesn't personally like a player - Cervenka, B.Jones, Ramo, Baertschi, Backlund - woe is them.

It's not the coach's job to "be a fan". Maybe someone needs to reiterate to Hartley what his job description is.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
No expect him to play the body get the puck deep and above all else don't make a mistake that gets the 4th line stuck in our end that leads to a goal. Outside of a bad penalty he did his role on the 4th line line.

Its not his fault you guys want him to do something that no one has really been able to do on the 4th line this year and that is generate offense.

The thing is, when Colborne in in the bottom 6, I'm not expecting him to score a point per game. But I haven't seen any of the stuff you mentioned. Least of all play the body. I haven't seen him do that in quite a while.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
The thing is, when Colborne in in the bottom 6, I'm not expecting him to score a point per game. But I haven't seen any of the stuff you mentioned. Least of all play the body. I haven't seen him do that in quite a while.

Well I don't know what else to say he had 2 hits and was physical imo. I think the expectations for a lot of people have been overblown around here for a while.

May 27, 2012
Earth
piggy-meme-generator-can-we-like-be-friends-again-a18c2e.jpg

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Not gonna lie, I like Sven so much that I would be okay with seeing Hartley's head on the chopping block for this crap.

Honestly, I kind of agree with you. I like Hartley as a coach, for the most part I think he's done alright - but this is ridiculous. Like I said before, the situation between him and Sven is starting to look similar to the one between Jacques Martin and Jason Spezza a decade ago, and it baffles me that Sven gets scratched after being one of our best players the last couple of games, while Galiardi continues to play and Jackman plays with Monhan and Hudler.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->