Speculation: Backup Goaltender

who would you be willing to trade for Georgiev?

• Total voters

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Its pretty clear that the leafs need some more stability in net with how poor Freddie has played lately and Hutchison being Hutchison.

With Georgiev being linked to the Leafs it would make sense to inquire on him but apparently the cost would be one of our young top 9 forwards to acquire him.

so the question is, would you be willing to trade 1 of Kapanen, Johnsson, or Kerfoot to acquire Georgiev and if so which one?

ToemassCabriolet

Dec 10, 2018
23 year old goalies with upside that are ready to contribute now are a premium in my book. Unfortunate to say, but I'd trade any one of these guys for him.

Reactions: egd27

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
23 year old goalies with upside that are ready to contribute now are a premium in my book. Unfortunate to say, but I'd trade any one of these guys for him.

Am not trading a sure thing like Kapanan for a backup with upside. I might do it for AJ if I cannot find a cheaper option. Unfortunately Bracco is not getting it done.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I don't think unproven goalies are worth quite that much in the marketplace myself. The only way I could see doing this is if our brass is really high on Georgiev and they think there's a really good chance he could be the guy to take over from Freddie when his contract expires (if not before). So I guess the answer is that it depends, but not likely.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Much depends on which forward would make the jump to the third line in a full lineup. Right now, Engvall has arguably passed Moore in that regard. That potentially opens up further possibilities depending on whether Engvall is viewed as a better winger or centre. Aside from that, though he's still young, it's unknown if Georgiev can be more than a 1B.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Geogiev will cost far too much. It's more beneficial to use the toronto assets you mentioned to acquire a defenseman rather than a backup goalie. Freddy isn't poor enough for it to be worth it.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Kerfoot in a heartbeat. A serviceable NHLer, easily replaceable on this team. We need someone to not just backup but push when Freddie wanes.

Reactions: ToneDog

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'd put Johnsson ahead of Kerfoot on the replacable list. I think many forgot he was even on the Team when he was out.

If Matty, Willie and JT keep scoring goals, sure. My concern is where do the goals come from when those 3 are shut down ?? Bottom 6 depth is usually a difference maker in the playoffs.

PromoterDave

Apr 22, 2016
Toronto
I'd trade Kerfoot for him.

Hyman Matthews Marner
Johnsson Tavares Nylander
Engvall Spezza Kapanen
Moore Gauthier Mikeyev

Rielly Barrie
Muzzin Holl
Dermott Ceci

Andersen
Georgiev

Timashov, Marincin

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'd like to keep our forward lines in tact and try to get Dillon or a similar dman for a non-roster player and let the chips fall where they may.
Will they have cap space to do that? I thought they would need to move a roster player to add a roster player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad