Speculation: Backup Goaltender

who would you be willing to trade for Georgiev?

• Total voters

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
Internally the Leafs can move on from AJ far easier than Kerfoot, IMO.

Kerfoot can at least play an adequate 3C all while being capable of playing the LW which adds to the depth of Hyman, Engvall and Moore. Its not elite talent or even traditional Top 6s, but theyre all good at what their skillset provides.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We need 1 or 2 vet dmen cheap. We need a backup in case Freddy does not come out of his slump soon enough. I would like Rielly to get his legs and timing back before playoffs but in this extreme CAP environment maybe we have to keep him out til day 1 of playoffs and bring him back when there is no CAP issue. I mean Chicago did it right. It is legal.

We gotta do something to improve. Why give up the 1st if the year was a write off?

I would pick AJ just because he has the biggest savings on the CAP. and since he came back the team/Freddy has sucked. I don't think it has anything to do with AJ either way. The teams better results when he was out. or teams worse results since he was back in.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Trading any of them for Georgiev would be similar or even more than what teams have paid for intended starters. Georgiev is not Andersen; he doesn't have that kind of value, and we shouldn't entertain moving any of them for him.

Come on, people. We got Andersen for a late 1st, and now we need to pay more than that to acquire a backup? It's not happening.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Trading any of them for Georgiev would be similar or even more than what teams have paid for intended starters. Georgiev is not Andersen; he doesn't have that kind of value, and we shouldn't entertain moving any of them for him.

Come on, people. We got Andersen for a late 1st, and now we need to pay more than that to acquire a backup? It's not happening.

Freddy was acquired for #30 pick in 2016 (Sam Steele) and a second round pick in 2017 (Comtois).

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Theres no way id ever conskder trading Kapanen for sn unproven backup....

Kerfoot sgouldnt be mover because he can also play C. Id maybe consider AJ if the Rags added something.

Otherwise id gp shopping with Bracco + a late pick for a stopgap backup whose better than Hutch which shouldnt be too hard to find

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Freddy was acquired for #30 pick in 2016 (Sam Steele) and a second round pick in 2017 (Comtois).

And Andersen was much more proven at the time.

Gpalies really dont return all thst much on the trade market and as much as a few delusional Rangers fans may think otherwise, their guy isn't a bluechip asset

Reactions: ToneDog

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I took a look at trade proposals board and I’m afraid to report that it’s going to take nothing less than Matthews unfortunately. The Rangers simply don’t need our castoffs.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'm with the majority, those prices are too high. If we are going to get a backup it should cost non roster assets. If we move a winger it should be for a RHD with some term in my opinion.

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
Why would Rangers do this knowing that Lundqvist is likely done? I just don't see this happening.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
About a month til the trade deadline. Chop chop Kyle.

Dubas should wait to see how the team responds over the next 5-6 games.

The team has an easy schedule coming out of the break with no back to backs in the first 6 games so they can ride Freddie for those games. Only 2 of those 6 games are against playoff teams and one of them could be our biggest game of the season as it's against Florida who is our biggest obstacle to making the playoffs.

If they flop out of the break Dubas might have to consider being a seller.

Reactions: BlueBaron

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On

The team has an easy schedule coming out of the break with no back to backs in the first 6 games so they can ride Freddie for those games. Only 2 of those 6 games are against playoff teams and one of them could be our biggest game of the season as it's against Florida who is our biggest obstacle to making the playoffs.

Sounds about right.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
Anyone think we could get Georgiyev, DeAngelo, and Fast from the Rangers? Something like Johnsson, Bracco, Barrie, what else would be needed?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Sounds about right.

@ Nash, @ Dallas, Sens, Panthers. Other than Sens, first 4 not so easy IMO. Need some "maturity" returning from the break. We'll see if they up for it.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
@ Nash, @ Dallas, Sens, Panthers. Other than Sens, first 4 not so easy IMO. Need some "maturity" returning from the break. We'll see if they up for it.
Actually its kind of a soft schedule with only Dallas being a good team this year. That Florida game could be huge since they are direct competition for a spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->