Speculation: Backstrom (To Re-Sign or Not to Re-Sign?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

651*

With Harding's situation I think it's almost a necessity to keep Backs. He is a very good 'tender just had that occasional off night last night.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
its supply & demand. if several teams want/ need an experienced goaltender then backs can demand the moon. if nobody needs a 6 mill / no playoff wins goalie then we should be able to re-sign him at 3.5! that was easy!

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
its supply & demand. if several teams want/ need an experienced goaltender then backs can demand the moon. if nobody needs a 6 mill / no playoff wins goalie then we should be able to re-sign him at 3.5! that was easy!

There is plenty of teams that would be interested in him if he was available, he is an upgrade to a few teams in the league.

Its a tough situation because of Harding's MS. i think the team was baking on going Harding/Backstrom and then trading Backs at deadline to call up Hackett/Kuempur but that didn't work out.

This is now a situation where Backstrom has all the cards, he can demand 4-5 mil with a minimum 3 year term and GMCF may not have much choice if he still wants to make the playoffs other then giving the job to a rookie.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
There is plenty of teams that would be interested in him if he was available, he is an upgrade to a few teams in the league.

Its a tough situation because of Harding's MS. i think the team was baking on going Harding/Backstrom and then trading Backs at deadline to call up Hackett/Kuempur but that didn't work out.

This is now a situation where Backstrom has all the cards, he can demand 4-5 mil with a minimum 3 year term and GMCF may not have much choice if he still wants to make the playoffs other then giving the job to a rookie.

You mean a maximum 3 year term, right? I don't think a lot of teams want to be locked into a goalie pushing 40 years old. He'll be in the $3m-$4m range and the 2-3 year range.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
You mean a maximum 3 year term, right? I don't think a lot of teams want to be locked into a goalie pushing 40 years old. He'll be in the $3m-$4m range and the 2-3 year range.

Ya know, it's funny Dr, but I had a whole counter-post ready to submit, thinking 2-3 years for 3-4 would be stability, etc. But, when I considered the prospects, Hackett, Kuemper, and Gustafsson, I deleted my post before I sent it. I almost never disagree with your opinion oddly enough.:nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad