Speculation: Backstrom (To Re-Sign or Not to Re-Sign?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
With Harding's situation, we'll have to look at keeping him. But for a major reduction in price.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
:shakehead Holy ****. Luongo gave up 8 goals the other day, he's obviously one of the worst goalies of all time.

I've had six year of his topsy turvy self, two weeks on, one week off, this year especially at the start was no different. Now he's been good for two weeks, so he's due for his anual swoon again. ENOUGH, and Luon8o is on his way out of Vancouver. Why? Because of that exact same reason.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
I've had six year of his topsy turvy self, two weeks on, one week off, this year especially at the start was no different. Now he's been good for two weeks, so he's due for his anual swoon again. ENOUGH, and Luon8o is on his way out of Vancouver. Why? Because of that exact same reason.

What? Backs has been great all year.....and Luongo is a top 5 goalie....the ignorance.... I feel bad for you.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
What? Backs has been great all year.....and Luongo is a top 5 goalie....the ignorance.... I feel bad for you.

*Sigh* Anyway, the whole argument is ridiculous because Backstrom would never accept less then he is already being paid on his bloated contract and the team wants to move forward (as they should) with the young guns of Hackett and Kuemper .

If they sign any veteran it would be like a Dan Ellis who is reliable, and a vet on the cheap, but they are not bringing back Backstrom thankfully anyway.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
*Sigh* Anyway, the whole argument is ridiculous because Backstrom would never accept less then he is already being paid on his bloated contract and the team wants to move forward (as they should) with the young guns of Hackett and Kuemper .

If they sign any veteran it would be like a Dan Ellis who is reliable, and a vet on the cheap, but they are not bringing back Backstrom thankfully anyway.

Not true....... Backstrom will more than likely resign for cheaper.

Billy Mays Here*

Is that a serious statement? Hahahaha, you know nothing. Of course Backstrom would be willing to accept less than $6 million a year you goof.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i believe hards is done, (sorry hards best wishes) the problem i see is teams like FLA & TOR need goaltending and if they arent willing to shell out 4 luongo, backs is a good 2nd choice. thats why sign him now to 3.5 or trade him. done problem solved. ps i know weiss is done this season but how about weiss & a 2nd 4 backs???? good bad or ugly?

Billy Mays Here*

Facepalm at anyone wanting to go into next year with two rookies as our goaltending tandem.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

Say what?! You just in all seriousness don't know what you're talking about, is that it? Because that's just downright absurd what you stated there.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
*Sigh* Anyway, the whole argument is ridiculous because Backstrom would never accept less then he is already being paid on his bloated contract.

Please tell me you're kidding here. Old goalies don't get contracts involving that kind of money. They may still earn that much at an older age because they signed a big contract when they were younger (you know, kind of like Bäckström). Bäckström isn't crazy, he's a very modest guy and not even as proud as you seem to think. He likes it in Minnesota and he's aware that his career is nearing its end. Unless the Wild don't even make him an offer or their offer is laughable (like 1 mil/season), he's going to re-sign here for less than his current pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad