Management Back To The Future post deadline edition

2ka RasK*

Felger is pretty talented when he wants to- he mails it in quite a bit but if you catch him on a National show on a topic and he's focused he's usually very good. He's so unFelgerish you cant help but notice.

Felger tormenting the Canadiens fans is pretty good as well. He can be good but he has more agendas than even me which is very annoying and damn near impossible but he does

i wouldn't give him that much credit.

he knows football. that's about it

his needs his agendas because he doesn't always watch the games

bruins lost = fire claude
red sox lost= fire luchino
patriots lost= put in Garafalo!!!!!!!!!

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Felger is pretty talented when he wants to- he mails it in quite a bit but if you catch him on a National show on a topic and he's focused he's usually very good. He's so unFelgerish you cant help but notice.

Felger tormenting the Canadiens fans is pretty good as well. He can be good but he has more agendas than even me which is very annoying and damn near impossible but he does

Not being from Boston, I don't know the guy, but after watching the following video, I gotta say he must have some bit of good in him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8cYNlJU8A

2ka RasK*

Not being from Boston, I don't know the guy, but after watching the following video, I gotta say he must have some bit of good in him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C8cYNlJU8A

yeah, one day out of the year he's tolerable.

every other day he aims his rants like that one against Boston teams and fans

unfortunately, he's very influential

It's in vogue to be the cynic right now in Boston despite our recent team successes.

Its inescapable. I don't even have to listen in anymore. i just hear the people regurgitate Felgerisms and his agendas

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Frank Cannon could not carry Barnaby Jones jock.

I used to be worried he would die of a heart attack on the show not realizing it was taped. :shakehead

My favorite detective was Stephanie Zimberlist or however you spell it. No one could solve a problem like her.

No, no, no.

Sure, Buddy Ebsen was the bomb. Everyone knows that.

And Sephanie Zimberlist was cute in an Efrem Zimbalist, Jr. kind of way.

But the real guy? The guy who brings home the bacon?

Richie Brockelman, Private Eye. :bow:

That's what I'm talkin' about.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
^^^^

and to think we could have just offered stempniak a contract instead of a PTO... that's the only thing that burns me about the trade deadline... they got a look at him in the summer when he was here with bergy and them... could have should have i guess..... maybe he's a cheap stop gap for the RW next season.

connolly or hayes is out is my guess at the draft if they opt to keep griffith/randell/ferraro

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
^^^^

and to think we could have just offered stempniak a contract instead of a PTO... that's the only thing that burns me about the trade deadline... they got a look at him in the summer when he was here with bergy and them... could have should have i guess..... maybe he's a cheap stop gap for the RW next season.

connolly or hayes is out is my guess at the draft if they opt to keep griffith/randell/ferraro

If the Bruins had offered Stempniak a contract last fall, I guarantee HF Boards would have exploded with furious cries of "why are they signing a washed-up veteran?"

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If the Bruins had offered Stempniak a contract last fall, I guarantee HF Boards would have exploded with furious cries of "why are they signing a washed-up veteran?"

You're absolutely right.

Furthermore, it's not like players don't improve over the course of the season. We rip Sweeney for giving up something for a guy who was free 6 months ago, but we completely dismiss the suggestion that Stempniak didn't have a good camp and didn't earn the job then. We just assume the Bruins failed in their evaluation, which is an assumption we use to suit our narrative.

I don't agree at all with the direction they took at the deadline and I call it a fail, but once they decided to add I can't really rip the Stempniak add. He's likely to help the team.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
with the adddition of stempniak and them possibly being in conversations with Buf for Mcginn could have eased the loss of loui... i'm wondering if something else fell thru and that's why sweeney never pulled the trigger on moving LE21.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
hopefully DS can turn Koko, Ferlin, hayes into some picks at the draft or trade for another serviceable winger for the left side on the 2nd or 3rd line.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
yeah, one day out of the year he's tolerable.

every other day he aims his rants like that one against Boston teams and fans

unfortunately, he's very influential

It's in vogue to be the cynic right now in Boston despite our recent team successes.

Its inescapable. I don't even have to listen in anymore. i just hear the people regurgitate Felgerisms and his agendas

Yeah, if you're a fan of a Boston team, and not a ferocious, hateful cynic, you're a "footie pajamas-wearing," idiot. Felger spent most of 2010-11 doing what he usually does - railing against the Bruins, except for that brief anti-Canadiens period. Nailing the Canadiens is a popular and ridiculously easy strategy. Felger was drooling over Guy "genius!" Boucher, predicting doom - the usual stuff, and one of the most memorable moments of the Cup celebration was Shawn Thornton taking a swig of champagne, blowing smoke from a victory cigar and saying "Suck it, Felger." Felger's pained laugh in response was priceless.

He really has come to symbolize the spoiled rotten Boston sports fan. He tries to suck all the joy out of fandom.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Oh absolutely, I can hear the screaming now :shakehead

Hindsight is always 20/20, which is why it is worthless.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
You're absolutely right.

Furthermore, it's not like players don't improve over the course of the season. We rip Sweeney for giving up something for a guy who was free 6 months ago, but we completely dismiss the suggestion that Stempniak didn't have a good camp and didn't earn the job then. We just assume the Bruins failed in their evaluation, which is an assumption we use to suit our narrative.

I don't agree at all with the direction they took at the deadline and I call it a fail, but once they decided to add I can't really rip the Stempniak add. He's likely to help the team.

IIRC he wasn't even in camp, just at captain's practices (along with several other Boston-area players, per usual, including Thornton and Yandle). He was reportedly offered PTOs by Boston and New Jersey and took the latter, which turned out to be a good decision.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
You're absolutely right.

Felger ripped Sweeney for saying that if 28 other GMs knew he was going to put up 40+ points, they would have signed him too. I kind of thought Sweeney's comment was dead on accurate.

On the Felger topic, I try to remember when I listen to them that their JOB is to be contrary and attract listeners, not to just talk about sports. I don't know if I compare his followers to a certain presidential candidate's followers, if that would be inappropriate? :laugh:

On topic of Sweeney. I trust DKH, and he was the one that recently posted that Red Line indicates that this draft falls off after the second round (or something like that) If true, then the three lost picks are likely worthless anyway. And I love Camara, in NHL 16 he turns into a fantastic 4th line grinder, but I don't think that is going to happen in real life; almost certainly wasn't going to happen in Boston.

Lucic trade was a win
Hamilton trade was at least even at this point
Deadline was okay, but if this team scraps it's way into the playoffs and they grind out a round or two, I think it was a win too.

This off-season is his biggest test. He's got the prospects, picks, and cap space to round out this roster. I'd like to see him figure out a way to complete a Shattenkirk deal; and sign Jimmy Vesey as a free agent. I'm fine if Eriksson walks for nothing.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Felger ripped Sweeney for saying that if 28 other GMs knew he was going to put up 40+ points, they would have signed him too. I kind of thought Sweeney's comment was dead on accurate.

On the Felger topic, I try to remember when I listen to them that their JOB is to be contrary and attract listeners, not to just talk about sports. I don't know if I compare his followers to a certain presidential candidate's followers, if that would be inappropriate? :laugh:

On topic of Sweeney. I trust DKH, and he was the one that recently posted that Red Line indicates that this draft falls off after the second round (or something like that) If true, then the three lost picks are likely worthless anyway. And I love Camara, in NHL 16 he turns into a fantastic 4th line grinder, but I don't think that is going to happen in real life; almost certainly wasn't going to happen in Boston.

Lucic trade was a win
Hamilton trade was at least even at this point
Deadline was okay, but if this team scraps it's way into the playoffs and they grind out a round or two, I think it was a win too.

This off-season is his biggest test. He's got the prospects, picks, and cap space to round out this roster. I'd like to see him figure out a way to complete a Shattenkirk deal; and sign Jimmy Vesey as a free agent. I'm fine if Eriksson walks for nothing.

Pretty much agree with all this, though I still don't get how being contrary attracts listeners. If I want to listen to hours of whining, I can go hang out at a day care. :laugh:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad