GDT: Back to Criticality | Jackets vs Bruins | 7 PM | 3/12/19

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
This is funny from someone claiming to have had their opinion dismissed out of hand. So you actually do just want people to agree with you, because you're so obviously right and they're so obviously wrong. Got it.

I disagree he should be traded before he's somehow exposed. I'mnot sure why we're limiting the discussion to specifically 20 games. He's been both good an bad this season, more recently bad, and I've said so. I also haven't posted at all how good I think he's looked for the past 3 games.

Thanks for the open and respectful dialogue.
Why does everyone go in to a frenzy when someone insults their poster child?

I don't understand why people cannot just have a discussion without getting personal. The question is, has Zach Werenski been objectively bad this season? The answer is (in my opinion) yes. All this other, I want others to agree with me is just bs. If you truly believe he has been good, that I really don't know what to tell you.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
For me it's not so much an assumption as it is a gambit you have no choice but to take with young players. Just about all of them have growing pains and you don't know how it will all turn out.

I know some don't make it but I don't see the warning signs with Werenski that you do. To me he has about the normal level of inconsistency and dysfunction that I associate with players at his age. Same thing for Dubois.
I think Dubois has had a much better and more consistent season than Werenski, but I will say he has fallen off big time as of late.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Why does everyone go in to a frenzy when someone insults their poster child?

I don't understand why people cannot just have a discussion without getting personal. The question is, has Zach Werenski been objectively bad this season? The answer is (in my opinion) yes. All this other, I want others to agree with me is just bs. If you truly believe he has been good, that I really don't know what to tell you.

You've stopped reading what I've posted, so anyway have a good day.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Oh no, do as you please, no disagreements allowed otherwise I'd be telling you how to think

2gO3XUH.gif

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Since adding face-off winning center Matt Duchene in a trade Feb. 22 with the Ottawa Senators, the Blue Jackets’ success rate has skyrocketed.
Before the trade, they were ranked 20th in the NHL with a 49.4 percent success rate. Since the trade, they have ranked second by winning 54 percent of their draws in 11 games, including 64 percent against the Bruins (38 of 59).

dUBiNsKi iS hERE tO wIn faCeoFfs!

Reactions: majormajor

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
dUBiNsKi iS hERE tO wIn faCeoFfs!

But he actually is? Our stats weren't good because PLD and Nash absolutely suck at the draw. Currently:

Duchene - 58%
Dubinsky - 57%
Jenner - 55%
Wennberg - 48%
Nash - 45%
PLD - 44%

EDIT: Interestingly, Foligno is at 56% and has won almost as many draws as Nash.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
But he actually is? Our stats weren't good because PLD and Nash absolutely suck at the draw. Currently:

Duchene - 58%
Dubinsky - 57%
Jenner - 55%
Wennberg - 48%
Nash - 45%
PLD - 44%

EDIT: Interestingly, Foligno is at 56% and has won almost as many draws as Nash.

Not worth it. I'd say that even if he was our only 50%+ faceoff man, and I'm definitely saying it now when we have several other options who are just as good on the draw and not liabilities once the puck is in play.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad