Post-Game Talk: Back to Back Hattricks for Matthews

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
My record at the ACC is 3-0. They should give me a lifetime free seat.
The last time I went to the game's was back in 67 and what happened? Maybe they should give me free season tickets or raise my picture. I should start going back, before I'm in diapers, by then it will be to late, I wouldn't know if they won the cup. What a s_____y feeling that would be!

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Robertson has looked good a lot of late. I know yesterday was a goal in garbage time, but I thought he could have had a few this game. Thought he was tremendous during the St. Louis game too.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Matthews has done this in the past.

When the team is facing adversity, he goes and scores a goal per game for a month or 2

The answer is that the Leafs need some more adversity. Then maybe he hits 80.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
With the way the Leafs looking I wish they could keep him out till they hit a rough patch. Let him get fresh for the playoffs as much as possible. Even consider an LTIR scenario…
But they won’t. He is practicing again today.
Maybe Keefe should put him on the 3rd line with Robbie and McMann/Holmberg

Robertson has looked good a lot of late. I know yesterday was a goal in garbage time, but I thought he could have had a few this game. Thought he was tremendous during the St. Louis game too.
It is his backchecking and relentless plays that impressing

Reactions: Judas Tavares

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
Love to see the potent offense, but let’s settle down a bit here. It’s Anaheim after all and shit teams like them should be getting crushed by teams like ours more often. Long way to go. Pedal to the metal.

Reactions: OddyOh

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Agreed, prefer to have Willie with guys who can at least somewhat match his speed, that line is worth trying. JT should hopefully be more effective against weaker matchups when playing 3C, too.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
McMann - Domi - Nylander
Bertuzzi - JT - Robertson
Gregor - Kampf - Holmberg
Swap Kampf and Tavares

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
anybody a bit ticked off with tavares back at 2C position? I know I am

Keefe has zero imagination when it comes to lineups. It doesn't even have to be a demotion. Just split up Tavares and Nylander when they're not working well together (which is alot) and go 3 lines deep.

Sure he will be the most expensive 3C in the league but Tavares will probably do fine on the third line.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Keefe has zero imagination when it comes to lineups. It doesn't even have to be a demotion. Just split up Tavares and Nylander when they're not working well together (which is alot) and go 3 lines deep.

Sure he will be the most expensive 3C in the league but Tavares will probably do fine on the third line.
He’s already the most expensive second line C in the game, what’s the difference? His minutes would only go down by 2-3/game if he stayed on PP1 too.

• Haha
Reactions: Jmo89 and thewave

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Any clips or information about the roughing calls between Domi/Gudas and Reaves/Gudas in the 2nd period and the misconduct to Carrick in 3rd?

I watched the 1st and skipped the 2nd and 3rd to watch the UFC 298 prelims. Not the best game to miss it appears.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad