Post-Game Talk: Baby Habs vs. Baby Sens @ noon (Slaf & Guhle Will Play) (Game link in post #1)

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Bob is the worst that I have ever seen on an NHL broadcast.

Typical Bob: "Boy I'll tell you they're really skating now".......meanwhile D to D pass waiting to complete a line change. He quite literally fabricated things that were not happening and consistently called out the wrong names. Calling the play as it happens and getting the names correct are the two essential pillars that a play by play person requires as a base and objectively, there was nobody worse than Bob Cole as an NHL broadcaster at both of these essential skills.

Much in the same way that the mob latches on to chord progressions that are etched in their heads during childhood by record producers and seek the same patterns that re-occur in garbage pop music......Bob was etched in their minds at a young age and they were indoctrinated with another poor pattern seeking habit. Bob Cole's voice is essentially a security blanket for a generation, not because the blanket was inherently special but because it was the only one.

He would not even get hired today but because people grew up with his voice their nostalgia blinds them to how entirely incompetent he was. Bob was not worthy of sniffing Gallavan or Irvin's seats and will likely always remain the most overrated hockey broadcaster.
knee-slapper-laugh.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4